Side Effect Of Latest Firefox Update

Firefox update flash player in game settings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 251 posts

Hi,

I just accepted the latest Firefox update and it's changed it from Quantum to '64'

it does seem a bit smoother and quicker loading but the in game settings no longer have effect,

I can't turn on the floodlights,

it doesn't seem to update the file in the flash player site storage, changing a setting makes no difference and if I reload the game the setting has gone back to whatever it was when it last updated that file,

so two points,

1: if you want to retain functionality of your floodlights and in game settings then don't accept the latest Firefox update till the bug has been rectified,

2: idk how to report a bug like this to Mozilla, idk if it would be more coherent if it was reported by CAG, the games developer, aka Con  : )

ok, well there you go guys, it is what it is, lets see how this pans out,

tc

Matt x

update:  I've reverted to Firefox version 63 using this file, it's for win 10 64bit, english language, (British) it installs over the top of your existing version,

https://ftp.mozilla.....0/win64/en-GB/

for another version select from this directory list,

https://ftp.mozilla....refox/releases/

updates set to: "Check for updates but let you choose to install them" 

you must do this before installing the new file or it'll immediately update back to the newest version.

this seems to be an issue with windows 10 and how cookies are stored in your user profile, it doesn't seem to be effecting windows 7, so far!

Edit:  other players with Windows 10 have had Firefox stall during loading getting just a black screen, this is another side effect of the FF ver. 64 update.

update: I got pissed off with the constant reminders to update in version 63 so I've gone back to version 62, this version allows you to fully disable the updates,

the file for win 10, 64-bit, english language, UK below,

https://ftp.mozilla.....0/win64/en-GB/

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 04 January 2019 - 06:50 AM.

ambrosia

ambrosia
  • 24 posts

Truely a game-saving post for me thanks!

DarkAzrael154

DarkAzrael154
  • 12 posts

Hi Matt,

tried that but it seems to me that my problems started with it not remembering my audio choices now i get a black screen after "loading assets" works ok in PaleMoon tho.

Any ideas or is it just wait for next update thing.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 251 posts

Hi Matt,

tried that but it seems to me that my problems started with it not remembering my audio choices now i get a black screen after "loading assets" works ok in PaleMoon tho.

Any ideas or is it just wait for next update thing.

Hiya,

well the not remembering audio choices is in the same class of probs as floodlights not working, faliure to write changes to the file in flash player site storage.

I think ambrosia was experiencing the black screen after loading thing,

I'd say both are due to the firefox update to version 64,

have you tried reverting to version 63?

if so... did you first set the firefox updates to 'download but let me choose when to install'? if you don't do that the first time you open the freshly reverted firefox it updates itself back to the problematic version 64,

if you want to check your version go to menu, help, about firefox and it'll display the current version installed and if an update is available,

Palemoon is based on Mozilla script, it's like an independent build of firefox with some differences, I imagine Palemoon has yet to incorporate whatever changes are causing these symptoms in firefox.

come back and let us know how you get on either way, this is an emerging situation and any info shared could be of benefit to others finding themselves in a similar position,

oh and what version of windows are you using?

if you're unsure, whilst out of fullscreen press the windows logo key + R to open the command box, type in  msinfo32   then hit return and you'll get a report displayed.

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 04 January 2019 - 06:46 AM.

DarkAzrael154

DarkAzrael154
  • 12 posts

Cheers Matt,

I did a full firefox uninstall cleared all caches, registry, deleted the hidden profiles in app data and restarted. Loaded Firefox 63 and bingo! Its back to normal.

Its no surprise that the constant raft of security and program updates are going to cause issues.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 251 posts

Cheers Matt,

I did a full firefox uninstall cleared all caches, registry, deleted the hidden profiles in app data and restarted. Loaded Firefox 63 and bingo! Its back to normal.

Its no surprise that the constant raft of security and program updates are going to cause issues.

great to hear!

I think this is the point where Firefox ceases to be flashplayer friendly, version 64 seems to be the point they start to turn their backs on full flashplayer compatibility,

main thing is to disable those update settings and not accept any further updates, if you do then you can install the version 63 file over your existing installation and it reverts it to 63 but retains all your current settings and bookmarks,

thanks for updating us on your situation, hopefully it'll help guide others facing similar issues,

now go loot like a maniac, it's Z-mas..  yaaaaay!

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 94 posts

Matt, I saw a link to a post you made about Chrome. Do you have that link?

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 251 posts

Matt, I saw a link to a post you made about Chrome. Do you have that link?

hiya, 

is this what you were looking for?

http://forum.conarti...r-build-64-bit/

hope it's helpful  : )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firefox, update, flash player, in game settings