Photo

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Konavar

Konavar
  • 11 posts

I try to connect to the game via facebook and I get this message and suddenly I just can't login. Any ideas?

"Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to fb.deadzonegame.com. The web site is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the web site’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 09/02/2020. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh fb.deadzonegame.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the web site is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem."

Peter_Man_CFD

Peter_Man_CFD
  • 54 posts

'Game could not establish a connection to the site message; here, from Yandex and Google Chrome browsers

Just read of a workaround:

You have to manually set the date on your systen/pc to before 8th February 2020. It should log you in then

Edited by Peter_Man_CFD, 09 February 2020 - 01:08 PM.

Konavar

Konavar
  • 11 posts

Thank you. So I guess from now on I hav to always have my date set before 9th?

Samuel Haight

Samuel Haight
  • 2 posts

Guessing it's expired licence month. Probably going to get this with a lot of games, until they renew.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

how curious,

TLS:DZ on FB & AG seemed to be down for me,

I've been playing on Kong lately, it's working fine there, 

I'm using Chromium and it's not giving any hints as to why it's not connecting on AG & FB, 

Susie Q

Susie Q
  • 9 posts

I can't log in at all, it's been all day.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

Hiya,

it's expired security certificates again like a few years back,

in firefox if you go into menu, options, privacy & security, scroll down to certificates and select 'view certificates' select the 'servers' tab, you'll see a button for 'add exception'

click on 'add exception' and it'll open a box with  https:// already highlighted in blue, conartistgames isn't https yet so the exact address you want to put in there is:

http://ag.deadzonegame.com     for if you play on armor and for facebook you want    http://fb.deadzonegame.com

once you've typed that in you'll be able to click the 'get certificate' button,

once it's got the certificate just click 'add exception'

once you've added the exception everything will be back to normal,

I'll get back if I figure out how to make certificate exceptions in Chromium but I'm a bit stumped atm!

also I'll email Con, see if I can give him a heads up,

Edited by Matt Baker UK, 10 February 2020 - 06:44 AM.

ambrosia

ambrosia
  • 26 posts

Hi.  Thanks for this post.  I may try your "solution" later, but I did e-mail  support@deadzonegame.com and did get a reply that they are looking into it.  I remember when this happened before, so I hope it will be rectified soon.  Fingers-crossed.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

Hi ambrosia,

well done, sounds like you've already tipped off Con so a fix is underway,

Suzie Q

am I right in remembering you use a Chromebook?  I don't think it's possible to add a security certificate exception in Chrome or Chromium, hopefully Con will have new certificates up and running shortly,

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

ok,

not one to be beaten by Google I've persisted and here is an unsupported command line switch that does work for Chromium & probably Chrome,

create a second shortcut to Chromium or Chrome on your desktop,

you can go to programs, right click Chromium/Chrome and select 'Send to' then 'Desktop (create shortcut)'

right click the shortcut and select 'properties'

at the end of the target line add one space then     --ignore-certificate-errors     

mine comes out looking like:  C:\Users\someo\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe --ignore-certificate-errors

now when you restart the Chromium or Chrome browser using that modified shortcut you should get an additional warning bar saying:

"you are using an unsupported command-line flag: --ignore-certificate-errors, Stability and security will suffer."

but the game will load just like normal on AG & FB !!

if you do this then only use this modified shortcut to open the browser to play the game,

use your normal way of opening the browser for all other activity as it won't have the security certificates disabled.

this is a workaround until Con gets the new certificates up and running, after that you can just delete the modified shortcut.

this command line is an edited version of one in Peter Beverloo's maintained list,

https://peter.sh/exp...-line-switches/

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

actually forget the last post for now, I think Con's fixed the certificates!

I'll pop that last Chrome hack in the memory bank for any future problem!

Konavar

Konavar
  • 11 posts

Yes probably it's fixed. Today I 've put the date back to normal at 10/02/2020 and the game works fine on FB.

ambrosia

ambrosia
  • 26 posts

Yes it's fixed!!!!

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris
  • 25 posts

I can't connect on chrome & I can sometimes connect on ie

I_WANT_LESS_GEAR

I_WANT_LESS_GEAR
  • 323 posts

actually forget the last post for now, I think Con's fixed the certificates!

I'll pop that last Chrome hack in the memory bank for any future problem!

Yeah sadly Matt it was again a temp fix since now the FB authorisation thing is happening again

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 271 posts

Yeah sadly Matt it was again a temp fix since now the FB authorisation thing is happening again

the ssl certificates thing was fixed,

currently FB has fucked up something and that is causing the connection problem,

FB seems incapable of recognising it's own authorisation tokens, according to their developer platform status page they've been fixing various problems connected with yet another unwanted 'improvement' to FB,

there's no way of communicating with FB so we'll just have to wait for their top retards to realise they've screwed up yet again,

qwee

qwee
  • 46 posts

ouch thats gonna take a long time