Photo

The Last Stand: Dead Zone - Sun Setting

The Last Stand Dead Zone Setting Sun End Goodbye 2020

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Samuel Haight

Samuel Haight
  • 16 posts

We all knew this was coming but it was officially announced today.

http://deadzonegame.com/endofflash

THE LAST STAND: DEAD ZONE - SUN SETTING

Last Updated: September 15, 2020

Browsers are set to remove Flash plugin from their functionality at the end of December 2020. As many of you know, Dead Zone is built on Flash and relies on the plugin in order to even run.

We spent some time researching alternatives and speaking to platform holders, trying to find a way that would allow the game to continue running. However, we found there were no compatible solutions with our game and the structure the game was built on. This unfortunately leaves us with no way to continue to run The Last Stand: Dead Zone past December 31st, 2020.

In addition to the removal of Flash, certain platforms are moving forward with plans to remove their gaming services entirely. This would see the removal of the game entirely from those platforms.

Due to all of these factors, we've made the decision to sunset The Last Stand: Dead Zone. The process will be gradual and we will conclude at the end of the year 2020.

• November 15th, 2020 - In game store will be closed
  • December 31st, 2020 - End of Flash, game servers will be switched off

The people past and present who worked on Dead Zone thank you for playing the game over the past nearly 8.5 years - we hope you enjoyed your time with it. Servers will be up and running until the end of the year, we hope you are able to make the most of it.

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris
  • 26 posts

Well.. Chuck Norris says THANK YOU for all the fun over the years. I saw something about the dead zone aftermath on Steam.

Is there any way to convey years & inventory into that game via an algorithm? ....As a thanks for being a player here? 

Regardless, I'll miss this game

Edited by Chuck Norris, 16 September 2020 - 02:16 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 614 posts

had some good times while it lasted in the dead zone but now that flash player is going under this year we might as well wait for TLS aftermath to come out and a new forums gets created for that new game.

- Ghost Recon

Maruse

Maruse
  • 820 posts

Oh no what will lael do now with the thing she calls a life.

Samuel Haight

Samuel Haight
  • 16 posts

• December 31st, 2020 - End of Flash, game servers will be switched off

This kind of feels like all the life support being switched off in a hospital, at the same time. So many games/patients going to vanish.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 287 posts

It was a long time coming it seems, game was filled with bugs to the point it was becoming not very enjoyable to deal with, all good things come to an end.

i'm sure one thing we can all agree on is we all had some good memories at some point in the game and we will always keep them with us, the people we met, the alliances we were apart of, the experiences we had in the game, were all unique,

DarkAzrael154

DarkAzrael154
  • 13 posts

Yep, end of an era in browser games.

Would have been nice if Con had designed an upgraded version of Deadzone for steam or download but he's chosen a completely different format for Aftermath.

Since we have got 3 months left can't we have one last long event to go out with a bang.

Would be nice.

Samuel Haight

Samuel Haight
  • 16 posts

Since we have got 3 months left can't we have one last long event to go out with a bang.

Would be nice.

What about a combo-event. All the previous events at the same time!

It'd give people a chance to complete items they've been wanting for a while.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 286 posts

so this kind of implies that Facebook is ditching gaming,

one less reason to have a FB account I guess,

deadz0ner

deadz0ner
  • 16 posts

I wonder if they could have gotten it to run under the standalone flash player? Then again, I imagine only some of the remaining users would have bothered. 

Sad to see the game go, but I'm not surprised considering the declining player base, the lack of new content, and the large build up of bugs.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 614 posts

lets hope TLS: Aftermath will be the new good game from CAG.

Another alternative to the dead zone is Project Zomboid.

Samuel Haight

Samuel Haight
  • 16 posts

so this kind of implies that Facebook is ditching gaming,

one less reason to have a FB account I guess,

Flash itself is going. Something similar will be incorporated into HTML5.

dooppa3

dooppa3
  • 3 posts

Why won't you try to use the same platform that The Realm of the Mad God? I think the name of the platform is Unity.

David Adams

David Adams
  • 54 posts

It's time to make fanfiction stories, using Union Island as a setting. The plotline will be the escape from the Dead Zone, like in TLS:UC.

dooppa3

dooppa3
  • 3 posts

David Adams, pls make fanfiction stories if you want. I really wanna play TLSDZ after January regardless Kickstarter. And I'm sure that not only me.

Please, Con transfer TLSDZ to Unity or other platform after FP ends.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Last Stand, Dead Zone, Setting Sun, End, Goodbye, 2020