Photo

Moderators For The Ideas Forum.

Moderators ideas forum

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

Although this thread should belong in the ideas forum by all rights, it would probably never come to light if I put it there.

I hate to say this, but we've kind of gotten to the point in the ideas forum where significant amounts of cleaning needs to be done. The abundance of useless, trolling or repeat threads mean that devs are very unlikely to take the good ones seriously or even take a casual look through. Also, given that the formspring is no doubt overflowing with repeat questions it's always helpful for mods to maintain FAQ threads and so on.

What I'm suggesting here is moderators or a consortium of users moderate the ideas forum and pick out good ideas for consideration. The reason why I'm suggesting this is that although they had time to look through getsatisfaction, the ideas forum is growing far too quickly for the devs to actually look through and there's never actually been any indication that they actually use it because there's simply too much junk material. Having mods look through and separate the diamonds from the dross (or lock/delete redundant threads to clear up the place a bit) would be really quite helpful - this way, the devs get interesting new ideas and help their users feel like they're actually being helpful or contributing towards the future of TLSDZ.

Although there is the +rating system which does identify good ideas on occasion, good threads with uninteresting names can do badly and there are so many threads that it can be hard to find the good ones. Mods would help a lot here.

Your thoughts (and preferably dev attention) on this issue, please!

Edited by Midimiaow, 09 June 2013 - 03:33 PM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Moderators are not going to happen. On the announcement thread that this forum was opening Con stated the following;

• Con (Official Rep) 3 months ago
    Max, no. We have no plans to have moderators

Source - https://getsatisfact...sfaction?page=1 The above post by Con was a reply to the post by workingnstudy

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

Moderators are not going to happen. On the announcement thread that this forum was opening Con stated the following;

Source - https://getsatisfact...sfaction?page=1 The above post by Con was a reply to the post by workingnstudy

Pretty much this. Maybe someday, but at the moment I am under the impression there will be no moderation other than by the developers.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,649 posts

getting really tried finding this......

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

getting really tried finding this......

I haven't seen it much on forums. . .  than again I have been getting on a lot less than before.

FalloutKatie

FalloutKatie
  • 274 posts

Meh not to many ppl on the forums anyways.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Meh not to many ppl on the forums anyways.

http://www.wolframal...artistgames.com

I think lots of people are on the forums o.o

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

forums are too small for mods

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

forums are too small for mods

Well you can't just kick out the Con Artist team from the forums, besides we need at least one mod, just because it's small doesn't mean there aren't going to be rule breakers.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

"Delegating your command to others can be risky but ultimately rewarding for your... company?" - Remember it? Works either way.

Con, you've written it, why not execute it as well? Risky but rewarding.

As well as, requesting to move this to "ideas" section.

FalloutKatie

FalloutKatie
  • 274 posts

Well you can't just kick out the Con Artist team from the forums, besides we need at least one mod, just because it's small doesn't mean there aren't going to be rule breakers.

that site doesnt mean anything, could be fake for all you know :P

Plus sense bitdefender was saying its an Unsafe website. imma go ahead and clean my computer from w.e it caught from it XD

Edited by FalloutKatie, 10 June 2013 - 04:51 PM.

One Cat Of A Kind

One Cat Of A Kind
  • 51 posts

Plus sense bitdefender was saying its an Unsafe website. imma go ahead and clean my computer from w.e it caught from it XD

Wolframalpha is a good site, you have a crap antivirus if it said it picked up a false virus from the website or that if it's unsafe, avast has no problem with the website.

Edited by One Cat Of A Kind, 10 June 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

You could be fake for all I know. I've been using wolframalpha for a long time now, if your anti-virus said it's unsafe it's probably the ads that they use which could be the reasoning behind it, I use adblock to block ads because of adware messing up my computers sometimes, also because of YouTube putting ads everywhere.

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

True but we want people that won't be on a power trip once they get the job

FalloutKatie

FalloutKatie
  • 274 posts

True but we want people that won't be on a power trip once they get the job

which is someone that doesnt like the game

XDD

lets use dead frontier as a reference  Admin pwn (maker of the game)  hired ppl from the game to work for free as mods/admins.

All they did was perm ban ppl they didnt like,  like this one kid  i used to PVP him all the time in arena,  not even a week after he was admin he perm banned my account for 2 weeks and wouldnt give a reason,  after i reported it to a higher up mod the guy was suspended from mod perms and my ban was lifted Lol. 

Ive never seen a game without power tripped/thinking their all that mods. 

Edited by FalloutKatie, 10 June 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

which is someone that doesnt like the game

XDD

lets use dead frontier as a reference  Admin pwn (maker of the game)  hired ppl from the game to work for free as mods/admins.

All they did was perm ban ppl they didnt like,  like this one kid  i used to PVP him all the time in arena,  not even a week after he was admin he perm banned my account for 2 weeks and wouldnt give a reason,  after i reported it to a higher up mod the guy was suspended from mod perms and my ban was lifted Lol. 

Ive never seen a game without power tripped/thinking their all that mods. 

It's virtually impossible for a mod to not be biased in some way, shape or form. It's the restraint that keeps them from abusing their power to feed that bias that makes them good mods.

Like the above posters said, Con can't delegate some authority to another poster without some inherent risk, which isn't necessary at this time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moderators, ideas, forum