Photo

The Siege Alliance

Dead Zone Alliance Diplomacy Neutral Community Defensive Unity Brotherhood Coalition Preparedness

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

I would like to begin this conversation by first welcoming all members to the Siege Alliance. We have a long road ahead of us, but I think we can handle whatever comes our way. I would like to ask you all for any further ideas about how you would like to see this alliance move forward in the coming weeks and months. Every idea will be compiled and acted upon accordingly.

~Von

Zray

Zray
  • 362 posts

http://farm2.staticf..._0b58dde2bc.jpg

~With love,
RaidCo

and here a song for you.

Glory to my french homeland,with the THO.

"se battre,battre,se battre,se battre Herc!

"le militarie echec,et nous avoir a' blame ces chiens"

"la charge,la charge et pluie le balles a' Raidco!"

"et le haout commandement chiens laisser nous a' Dead Zone!"

"et maintenant le nouveau enenemi est nous avec nous!"

"pas oignon pour cettest porcs,cettest porcs,cettest porcs!"

E4j47.jpg

Edited by Zray, 19 June 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

From Above...

Well thank you for the post. Great artwork. Wish I could read French. ~Von

Edited by Von Steel, 20 June 2013 - 07:44 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

@Von Steel: Fairly nice alliance man, it seems well thought out and your rules are reasonable. I can at least respect you, unlike some of the other alliances.

You know my attacks thus far are not personal, right? Just a bit of friendly PVP and fuel procurement.

Perhaps we can even have some fun being enemies.

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

@Von Steel: Fairly nice alliance man, it seems well thought out and your rules are reasonable. I can at least respect you, unlike some of the other alliances.

You know my attacks thus far are not personal, right? Just a bit of friendly PVP and fuel procurement.

Perhaps we can even have some fun being enemies.

BrianBore,

I am aware that it is you who has been attacking my compound as of late. I do not take this personally but actually appreciate you showing me the weakness in my own compounds defenses. You do have me at a disadvantage however. You have one sweet ride. As of late you have been attacking while my people are all out collecting supplies intended for my Alliance. I have been running lower level areas in hopes of acquiring much needed materials for those In The Siege who may need it. A sacrifice I am willing to make.

As the "leader" non elected as I may be, I understand that I will be harassed by others more than the rest of my members. I accepted this possibility at the onset of creating this Alliance. Know that if I could afford to spend the fuel on a bounty I would, however I must conserve my recourses for the good of my Alliance for future trading. So far I have tried three different compound formations to thwart your efforts. There are other fish in the sea my friend. This one can bite back.

I wish you well and happy hunting,
~Von Steel

Edited by Von Steel, 20 June 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Intel_B

Intel_B
  • 32 posts

Greetings, 

With over 40 members and still growing, we come in peace. With similar features like your alliance, the Second Artillery Corps are also a non-provoking, defensive alliance. On behalf of all members and leaders from the Second Artillery Corps, we would like to request a pact of non-aggression. Basically, no gunfire between our two alliances. May our alliances prosper and live in peace. 

Intel B, PR officer, SAC. 

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

Greetings, 

With over 40 members and still growing, we come in peace. With similar features like your alliance, the Second Artillery Corps are also a non-provoking, defensive alliance. On behalf of all members and leaders from the Second Artillery Corps, we would like to request a pact of non-aggression. Basically, no gunfire between our two alliances. May our alliances prosper and live in peace. 

Intel B, PR officer, SAC. 

Intel B and The Second Artillery Corps,

After Careful consideration as to the terms of your recent peace declaration I have decided that it would best benefit our two great Alliances if we remained friends. Let there be peace between our two groups of survivors. We at The Siege Alliance will Honor this pact signed this day.

I wish you well,
~Von Steel
The Siege Alliance [SGE]

Edited by Von Steel, 20 June 2013 - 08:22 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I am aware that it is you who has been attacking my compound as of late. I do not take this personally but actually appreciate you showing me the weakness in my own compounds defenses.

I'm glad to see that you're being such a good sport about it. :)

You do have me at a disadvantage however. You have one sweet ride. As of late you have been attacking while my people are all out collecting supplies intended for my Alliance.

Honestly not my intention; I would much rather attack when you are at full strength. Alas, once I hit that attack button there is no going back unless I refresh, but if I do that I can't attack again for a full 24 hours, so it's not exactly convenient. Plus the first two times I raided you, everyone was actually home, though the raid reports are bugged, so they probably told you that you had "0 x Survivors Downed" even though I killed all ten.

As the "leader" non elected as I may be, I understand that I will be harassed by others more than the rest of my members. I accepted this possibility at the onset of creating this Alliance.

That will likely be the case. However, my reasons for attacking have nothing to do with you being the leader of this alliance; I attack for fun and fuel, and everyone in my compound list that can be attacked will likely end up being.

Know that if I could afford to spend the fuel on a bounty I would, however I must conserve my recourses for the good of my Alliance for future trading.

I was hoping to be bountied by you; oh well, I understand your reasoning, and I will back off for a while. I'll try and wait at least 3 days before attacking again, hopefully longer if my other targets prove fruitful.

So far I have tried three different compound formations to thwart your efforts. There are other fish in the sea my friend. This one can bite back.

It is unlikely you will find a compound formation that could hold me off longer than a day or two, as the primary flaw is with the survivor AI, something you unfortunately have very little control over. As for other fish, yes there certainly are. I assure you I have been busy engaging many other targets, and I welcome any/all retaliations I receive (they are part of the fun imo).

EDIT: Shortened and small corrections.

Edited by BrianBore, 21 June 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

Soon you won't have to face the Dead Zone alone. However with congregation comes segregation and competition. Alliances are coming!

This is just a quick overview of the upcoming Alliances update. We wanted to give you guys some rough details about what we have

planned and how we'll be releasing it.

*NOTE: Some of the following details may change during the course of development*

The Basics

Alliances are a way for players to form groups and work together to make the strongest collective they can. They're designed to

encourage Alliance members to work together for the greater good of the alliance.

Here's the basics:

- Member limit of 50

- Minimum level of 15 to create an Alliance

- Minimum level of 10 to join an Alliance

- In order to join or create an alliance, you must build the Alliance Banner Stand

Creating An Alliance

Have yourself pegged as a leader? You should probably found an Alliance. As a Founder you'll control the direction

your Alliance takes in it's tasks and make decisions on where the Alliance resources are best spent.

- Alliance creation costs 100 Fuel, this is purely a measure to prevent excessive Alliances being created

- As the Founder you will be tasked with managing the Alliance

- The responsibility of inviting and banishing of members will fall on you

- You will determine the name and "tag" of the Alliance

- You will create the Alliance Banner, which will be shown on all member's Banner Stand

- Banners have over 100 icons and symbols to choose from, up to 45,000 combinations

Communication

Making sure members can communicate effectively is important. So we'll be providing some extra tools for you to do so.

- Alliance members will appear as green text in the chat to make for easy identification

- Each alliance will have their own channel, accessed via the Alliance chat tab

- Alliance tags will also be added to the end of user names, e.g: Awesomeguy [DzP]

- Clicking alliance tags from chat will show details of the alliance in question

- Within the alliance screen, members will have access to an Alliance Wall

- This wall is a message center for high ranking members to leave notes on, limited to 200 chars

We'll also have a way for members to see a record of other member activity which will help you find other Alliance

members to target.

Member Ranks

We don't have any direct plans to implement this immediately, but we have planned for it. Each rank will have a set of

permissions that will allow them to promote / demote / banish / invite.

Alliance Tasks & Tokens

Every two weeks, there will be a set of Tasks put forward to all Alliances. These tasks are the same for all. Tasks

will vary from contributing a certain amount of resource to the total, or killing a certain number of infected to helping

a number of users who aren't in Alliances.

These tasks when complete will provide the Alliance with Alliance Tokens. These tokens then enter the Alliance's

stockpile of tokens which is controlled by the Founder. The founder makes decisions with regards to spending

these Alliance Tokens, which can be spent on Alliance Boosts.

Alliance Boosts

On the same cycle as the Alliance Tasks, there will also be a set of Alliance Boosts. These boosts will give similar

benefits to the Books you can equip in Dead Zone already. The difference with these boosts is that they affect all

members in the alliance.

- How long the boosts last is determined by how much time is left in the current competition round.

- The cost of boosts will vary depending on the size of the Alliance

- The cost of boosts will vary depending on the time remaining in the round

Competition / WAR

Every two weeks a new competitive round will begin. Alliances will fight for set prizes that are awarded to the top 3

Alliances at the end of the round.

Prizes will most likely be sizeable amounts of Fuel and will be split between the Top 10 members within each

of the winning Alliances.

Here's the basics of competition:

- Every alliance member has their Alliance Banner on display

- Stealing / destroying that banner is the objective (we're not 100% on which yet)

- If your survivors are downed during the raid, even after taking / destroying the banner, you lose

- Banners will have a set period of time before they re-appear automatically

- Points are awarded to individual members

- Points are lost if you fail a raid, or fail a defense against an Alliance Raid

The amount of points you'll gain is determined by the following:

- Your level vs the targets level

- Your leaderboard position vs the targets

So attacking higher level players with a higher position on the leaderboard will result in you gaining more points.

The victim will also lose more points than usual.

Alliances are ranked on a global leaderboard which determines the winners at the end of the round. In the case

of points being tied, the most "Efficient" alliance will be awarded the prize.

Alliance & Member Scores

Alliance scores are only for the current round of competition and will reset at the end of the round.

The Alliance's score is made up of individual members scores with a scale applied to it to keep things fair. This

way smaller alliances can still compete without it discounting full size alliances.

Members will gain and lose points by raiding for banners and losing their banners. Members scores can only go

as low as zero. If a member is removed from an Alliance during the course of a round, their score is also removed.

Alliance Level

Placing in the top 100 Alliances will give your Alliance a set amount of Victory Points determined by where you

placed. These points are like experience for your alliance and will add to your Alliance's Level. This is just an

indicator of your Alliance's age and experience. We may tie some unlockables to Alliance Level at some point,

but we don't have any immediate plans.

Staged Approach

We'll be releasing the Alliance update in two stages.

Stage 1. The Sign Up Stage

This will allow you guys to create and join alliances and do all the basics. It will give you some time to recruit and

get ready for the war ahead. We're hoping to have this ready in the next 2 weeks.

Stage 2. The War Stage

This will come a few weeks later and it's when alliances will really kick in. Competition will start and there will no

doubt be some survivor blood on the streets.

To The Alliance,

We have some answers to our questions as to what Alliance Wars will be like. Please review this post. There will be new guideline established with this information. We have some choices we have to make. Please give me any thoughts pertaining to the information above.

Thank You,

~Von Steel

Edited by Von Steel, 20 June 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Zray

Zray
  • 362 posts

Alright Von Steel,I'm going to post a words about the peace of The Second Artillery Corps in HERC forum.

-THO

Edited by Zray, 20 June 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Lukos

Lukos
  • 1 posts

concerning the competition/war : I think we should start training our leaders in a way we can position them differently during the competition events. For example, those who are well trained in recon should use long ranged guns and those who have better fighting stats should be used to raid the enemy base while provided with cover by the recons who will then disarm traps if necessary. Having some healers follow right behind them might prove useful too. I believe we should make a list of recons, fighters and meds

I might be wrong, just trying to set up a plan

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

As of late you have been attacking while my people are all out collecting supplies intended for my Alliance. I have been running lower level areas in hopes of acquiring much needed materials for those In The Siege who may need it. A sacrifice I am willing to make.

I'm not here to make a quarrel out of you two but attacking a compound unattended with no quarter? That is just unethical. I mean, I did however raided several players with no survivors in it but I did sacrifice refreshing the page and wait for another 24-hours but hey I did at least showed respect and a fair game for those guys.

I can at least respect you, unlike some of the other alliances.

I didn't know attacking someone with no survivors defending the compound shows respect? Besides wheres the fun to that???

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I'm not here to make a quarrel out of you two but attacking a compound unattended with no quarter? That is just unethical. I mean, I did however raided several players with no survivors in it but I did sacrifice refreshing the page and wait for another 24-hours but hey I did at least showed respect and a fair game for those guys.

I didn't know attacking someone with no survivors defending the compound shows respect? Besides wheres the fun to that???

You do realize that I don't know whether his survivors are home or not until I click 'Attack' right?

Additionally, every-time I have attacked thus far there have actually been some of his survivors home. The first two times I raided him everyone was actually home (I have the raids recorded if Von would be interested in them); it is only this most recent attack that most of them were away.

I'm assuming that Von thinks the first two attacks occurred with none of his survivors home because of the bugged raid reports, I killed all ten of his survivors but I'm willing to bet the raid reports said "0 x Survivor Downed". It's a known bug, and has already been reported in the forums.

As for 'respect' or the lack of it (which is what you are inferring), I could quite easily have chosen to destroy all his barricades and loot all his storage units; but I did not do that. I chose to only go for the fuel, and to leave most of his barricades untouched. I'm fairly sure that shows I intended to be reasonable or 'ethical' (not that ethics has any real place in raiding).

Just because you chose to raid with certain principles in mind, it does not mean that the methods used by those who chose to raid differently are any less valid, this is not your way or the highway (again, based on what you seem to be inferring). Anything I chose to do to another players compound is fair game, as it is within their means to attempt to do the same to mine.

As for "where's the fun in that", I'm fairly sure I mentioned I raid for 'Fun' and 'Fuel'. The last time I raided he actually had a decent amount of fuel in the generator, if he hadn't then I would have refreshed to save myself the return time.

Edited by BrianBore, 21 June 2013 - 02:12 AM.

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

You do realize that I don't know whether his survivors are home or not until I click 'Attack' right?

Additionally, every-time I have attacked thus far there have actually been some of his survivors home. The first two times I raided him everyone was actually home (I have the raids recorded if Von would be interested in them); it is only this most recent attack that most of them were away.

I'm assuming that Von thinks the first two attacks occurred with none of his survivors home because of the bugged raid reports, I killed all ten of his survivors but I'm willing to bet the raid reports said "0 x Survivor Downed". It's a known bug, and has already been reported in the forums.

As for 'respect' or the lack of it (which is what you are inferring), I could quite easily have chosen to destroy all his barricades and loot all his storage units; but I did not do that. I chose to only go for the fuel, and to leave most of his barricades untouched. I'm fairly sure that shows I intended to be reasonable or 'ethical' (not that ethics has any real place in raiding).

Just because you chose to raid with certain principles in mind, it does not mean that the methods used by those who chose to raid differently are any less valid, this is not your way or the highway (again, based on what you seem to be inferring). Anything I chose to do to another players compound is fair game, as it is within their means to attempt to do the same to mine.

As for "where's the fun in that", I'm fairly sure I mentioned I raid for 'Fun' and 'Fuel'. The last time I raided he actually had a decent amount of fuel in the generator, if he hadn't then I would have refreshed to save myself the return time.

Uh, but you could have refresh the page. I know you want the fuel but I think every professional players deserve to earn that by at least putting up a good fight. I'm not gonna interfere anymore hence I cannot change everyone's tactics on how the way they played the game.

Edited by Chris_Redfield, 21 June 2013 - 02:53 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Uh, but you could have refresh the page. I know you want the fuel but I think every professional players deserve to earn that by at least putting up a good fight.

Fairly sure most raiders would agree with me, that if someone has left their compound nearly empty and quite a lot of fuel in their generator, it's more than fair to loot that generator; it is a scarce resource after-all.

Just because you personally would not, does not mean others should do the same. There is no disrespect in looting a near unguarded generator, especially when you consider all the other times I attacked he had a full team home. Also there is no such thing as a 'good fight', the AI is due a massive rework for a reason, it is very poor and there is next to no challenge in raiding most people, once you know the flaws of the AI; so there really isn't any 'earning' of the fuel.

Edited by BrianBore, 21 June 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

Fairly sure most raiders would agree with me, that if someone has left their compound nearly empty and quite a lot of fuel in their generator, it's more than fair to loot that generator; it is a scarce resource after-all.

Just because you personally would not, does not mean others should do the same. There is no disrespect in looting a near unguarded generator, especially when you consider all the other times I attacked he had a full team home. Also there is no such thing as a 'good fight', the AI is due a massive rework for a reason, it is very poor and there is next to no challenge in raiding most people, once you know the flaws of the AI; so there really isn't any 'earning' of the fuel.

Okay my friend, I agree with you in some point but in some don't, we have different point of views and we tend to stick into our own ideals. So whatever ideals you may have you can stick to it. If you want to loot somebody's fuel then you can go all for it but remember some people are yearning for a little bit of fuel but losing it would be like a hell as it cost lots of restocking if you know what I mean and fuel is what you inferring to as scarce resource. It would also seems that Von Steel didn't seem to get affected by the occuring events say raiding his compound multiple times in one day so I guess you two could be a very good friends in the Dead Zone so I definitely would like to see this battles by watching the footage on how you guys bash each other up. Anyways, I would like to see you in the field one day and lets make a sport out of it my friend.

Edited by Chris_Redfield, 21 June 2013 - 04:04 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Anyways, I would like to see you in the field one day and lets make a sport out of it my friend.

Sounds good to me. :)

Later.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Von Steel, we accept your treaty with us, we'll provide support for your alliance in times of war and when needed.

Edited by Rain08, 22 June 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Von Steel

Von Steel
  • 40 posts

Von Steel, we accept your treaty with us, we'll provide support for your alliance in times of war and when needed.

Rain 08 And other members of the U.C.P.D.

I would like to greet you and yours as friends and comerades. I agree to this Mutual Defense Treaty. I hope that our two factions will be the very best of Allies. If ever your group is in dire need, we at The Siege Alliance will do what is in our power to support your Alliance.

I wish you all well,

~Von Steel

The Siege Alliance

Grrrmachine

Grrrmachine
  • 3 posts

It would be good for us to start using Alliance Chat. I've logged in every day since it was created, and never seen another member there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dead Zone, Alliance, Diplomacy, Neutral, Community, Defensive, Unity, Brotherhood, Coalition, Preparedness