Photo

New Scavengable Buildings

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

POPULAR

I think that there should be more buildings so that you can find scavenged items these places are listed below.

military surplus stores, churches, schools, docks, sports stores, football and baseball stadiums, airports, bars, mansions and manors, restaurants, bus stations, fair grounds, fire departments, fitness center, gas stations, government buildings, graveyards, hotels, libraries, malls, military bases, pawn shops, prisons, clubs, and more. Another idea I had was to add stairs so that you can go to many parts of a building.

James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

Hm, i actually like this idea. But please flesh out the idea a bit more?

Like what can you actually find in those areas? :)

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

in the military surplus stores, military bases, and prisons you can find way more weapons. For the restaurants, fair grounds, bars, and clubs you can find wood and cloth items as well as a huge amount of food and water items. Gas stations you can fuel, for the churches and schools wood items. Government buildings are basically like the office buildings. Docks you can find metal, wood, cloth, and fuel, football and baseball stadiums are places where can find all sorts of different things. As for pawn shops you can find almost everything and anything. I mean there is a lot of possibilities.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Going into a school with a gun is never good, even in the zombie apoc. Other than that I like most of your ideas. Another thing is the gas station, you can find fuel everywhere.

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

so meropo are you saying that is a good idea or a bad idea just asking

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

Most of your ideas make sense.

So yea I agree with it. Its a yes.

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

if its not too much trouble could I get a +1 from you guys?

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

if its not too much trouble could I get a +1 from you guys?

Lol im in a good mood. Its also a good idea so, ill give you a +1.

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

I can't see much benefit adding buildings that are already so similar to what other's can provide - in effect different skins, e.g. clubs and restaurants

A military base could be interesting, with high rate of guns, but with every zombie armoured

I'm not sure what you would go to a graveyard to find, but it would have enormous amounts of zombies

Alas, I think our airport is outside the city limits

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

it was just an idea

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

it was just an idea

u don't have to say that everytime. there aren't bad idea's just incomplete idea's

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

And I liked some of them - just didn't have the time to go through and specify all of them - it's the buildings which can provide something notably different from what already exists - presumably the library would have a higher drop rate of books etc

jakelanden

jakelanden
  • 34 posts

thats why I suggested it libraries are important thats how you are able to learn new skills the same thing goes for PC's with the exception of  Germany where they burn books

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

They burn books in Germany?

And computers are pretty much out from lack of power

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

I think germany burned books in WW two.....

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Another idea I had was to add stairs so that you can go to many parts of a building.

I warned you about stairs bro

I TOLD YOU DOG

sbahjstairs_9005.png

tumblr_lt2p5mvN9G1qmf6e5.jpg

Jloudermilk

Jloudermilk
  • 16 posts

they still do I should know I lived there for 3 years and saw a lot of book burning being done in our street

Tyrone

Tyrone
  • 135 posts

They burn books in Germany?

And computers are pretty much out from lack of power

Every country on earth (except for some in south asia where books are not a consistent item people had) has had book burnings in its history. Whether they had (repeated) mass book burnings is a different question, but it never seems to last - this is generally the sign of an internally weak oligarchy trying to slow its downfall.

More on the topic, I think that some more specificity would help - for all resources, pretty much the only place to go is a warehouse. In the real world, warehouses do not often have even stacks of lumber, bolts of cloth, and piles of steel. However, the game (at least in the art) reflects the reality of there being more drapes here in these large houses, or more steel in these hardware stores...those sorts of things. A few extra batches of steel in a neighborhood recycling point, or some rolls of cloth in a department store seem fitting.

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts

I hope there is 2 story buildings but it will confusing ,,,, i just thinking about military bases i heard they have lots of weapons and gears

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts
But i hope sewers doesn't added because that place smells like rotten cheese and trashes..