Photo

Black Screen On Mac With Flash 11.7 - [fix In Progress]

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

We're aware of the issue with the new version of Flash causing issues on Macs running MacOS. 

We're working on a fix, updates will be posted here.

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

This issue appears to be isolated to some specific setups, and not all versions of OS/X running Flash Player 11.7. If you encounter issues, please let us know the details of your computer (including OS and driver versions).

fgrellet

fgrellet
  • 2 posts

Processor  2,3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Is there any other useful info that I can provide you guys?

ty

shirio

shirio
  • 2 posts

i have a problem; I can't connect for 6 days: I have a message saying:

connexion error....there was a problem connecting to the game server.the connexion may have times out

if the problems persist please contact the developpers

I have tried mozilla, chrome and IE and still nothing!

RyanSergent

RyanSergent
  • 1 posts

Processor  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

I don't mean to sound rude, but this bug has been going on for over 3 weeks and we still don't have a fix.

Babap

Babap
  • 93 posts

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8

(Where u see the graphsics guys?)

matilla

matilla
  • 16 posts

For the sake of queueing up here ;)  My lappies specs below. I usually run TLS:DZ with Safary (webkit);

I tried it with Firefox Aurora 23.0a2 (2013-05-18) surprisingly only crashes when I change from compound to citymap or to another compound 

I'll post the complete Specs listing from the System-Profiler

Modellname: MacBook

Modell-Identifizierung: MacBook5,1

Prozessortyp: Intel Core 2 Duo

Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2 GHz

Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1

Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 2

L2-Cache: 3 MB

Speicher: 4 GB

Busgeschwindigkeit: 1,07 GHz

Boot-ROM-Version: MB51.007D.B03

SMC-Version (System): 1.32f8

Seriennummer (System): W8844J711AQ

Hardware-UUID: 1543B362-183B-5575-B3C4-B66A2DF9231A

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipsatz-Modell: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0863

Versions-ID: 0x00b1

ROM-Version: 3385

(Where u see the graphsics guys?)

Look it up Spotlight "system-profiler" there are all the system specs

tanman1999

tanman1999
  • 1 posts

We're aware of the issue with the new version of Flash causing issues on Macs running MacOS. 

We're working on a fix, updates will be posted here.

thanks the black screen happens all the time.

whitecrow_

whitecrow_
  • 4 posts

I started another thread, but my problem might be an extension of this...

http://forum.conarti...yer-update-bug/

Schim

Schim
  • 80 posts

I'm still playing with this bug every day... I think it has something to do with the map not loading properly... black screen and weird graphical bugs appear all the time.

The problem seems to be worse when playing in Safari...

Any idea when there is a fix coming up for this?

devil_frog

devil_frog
  • 26 posts

not only mac my laptop also same con srsly does the new upg has proplem cuz u know right alot of ppl cant even play ur awesome epic game

jonte

jonte
  • 2 posts

The black screen only appears for me when my mouse is inside the game screen. I can see the map if I have it outside the game screen. 

jonte

jonte
  • 2 posts

The black screen only appears for me when my mouse is inside the game screen. I can see the map if I have it outside the game screen. 

Sev

Sev
  • 551 posts

I'm sorry to report that there is still no solution to this.  The problem seems to lie somewhere in the 3D engine that we use for the game.  It is tripping up on some incompatibility between Flash's 3D and the Mac's video card drivers.  

Part of the reasoning for believing this is that I have the same bug on my Mac Book pro, but when I duel boot it into windows 7 or 8, the game seems to run fine.

At this point I don't think we will be able to resolve the issue unless one of the 3rd parties fixes their bug.

Sorry.

sk9c00

sk9c00
  • 2 posts

You probably know this, but I find that this bug happens when I turn AA off. However, when I turn AA on (from 2x to 8x), then the "can't place structures inside compounds" bug occurs. It's interesting to note, that before I updated my laptop to Mavericks, it didn't have this problem. Yet for someone else, using a later model of the MBP, Mavericks allows the game to be find for them. Only major different was a Graphics card model of Intel HD 4K.

My MBP 13-inch:
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

demiurge

demiurge
  • 5 posts

I am having issues with the same black screen. I can play every other game on the website, except my favorite one...DEADZONE.It was playing fine the night before last. I went to bed, awoke the next day...(yesterday) and encountered the nothing..THE NOTHING! its everywhere!!! whew! flashback from when I was a lil chump watching "never ending story." any help would be appreciated . I am operating Win7 Ultimate. flahplayer 12.0.I.E 10  its been working just fine until the other night.

thanks again

Edited by demiurge, 27 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Dark Greg

Dark Greg
  • 12 posts

the game don't load, is stop at " collating game data"
i play on Mac

Os 10.7.5 Intel core i7

AlexKasper

AlexKasper
  • 6 posts

I'm having the same problem. Past the loading screen, just after "loading assets", there is a black screen and nothing. It started to happen about 1 week ago.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64, all hardware fine, all software up to date. Using Firefox and IExplorer and no luck.

It's frustrating as nothing works. Any ideas?

Sev

Sev
  • 551 posts

To the last 3 people to post on this thread, it does not sound like you are having this problem - this was a mac problem that occured after the game had loaded, usually when you rolled your mouse over the compound (it would often re-appear when you rolled back out again)

What I would suggest you do is install the debugging version of the flash plaer and let us know if there are any error messages that pop up.  If they do, send us the error message, as it will help up figure out what is going on.

You can get the debug player here:  

http://www.adobe.com.../downloads.html

Just as a note, Firefox uses the Netscape version of the player.

AlexKasper

AlexKasper
  • 6 posts

To the last 3 people to post on this thread, it does not sound like you are having this problem - this was a mac problem that occured after the game had loaded, usually when you rolled your mouse over the compound (it would often re-appear when you rolled back out again)

What I would suggest you do is install the debugging version of the flash plaer and let us know if there are any error messages that pop up.  If they do, send us the error message, as it will help up figure out what is going on.

You can get the debug player here:  

http://www.adobe.com.../downloads.html

Just as a note, Firefox uses the Netscape version of the player.

Right after the "loading assets" screen I get:

An Action Script error has occurred:

Error: Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject.
    at Error$/throwError()
    at flash.net::SharedObject/flush()
    at com.exileetiquette.net::PersistentData/flush()
    at com.exileetiquette.net::PersistentData/setData()
    at thelaststand.app.core::Settings()
    at thelaststand.app.core::Settings$/getInstance()
    at thelaststand.app.core::Main/init()

This was on a cache-cleared browser session on Firefox.