Photo

Stronger Zed's

horde defence defense zombie compound

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Celestynka

Celestynka
  • 31 posts

What I like in this game is horde attacks on your compound. It's making it quite unique, as in no other game (browser) I played AI attacks player base.

What's wrong with it, the attacks are too easy. With just 2 chars (no matter the class) I defend without loosing single barricade. Just give survivors long rifle and watch them kill all of walkers :)

In similiar topic I saw proposition of adding rushes to defence. From me +1.

Also, the level of the attacking horde could have chance to be higher than the defender's leader level?

Maybe more damage caused by zombies? (for instance, zombies damaging stocks of food/supplies causing player to loose resources if weakly defended? Or maybe just higher zombie damage vs. buildings?)

Maybe new type of zombies, smart one, which can climb defences?

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

And maybe being longer, for experience. But I am a low level and maybe you are low level,too. so maybe higher players have problems

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts

Do you talk about special infected or something in Left 4 Dead

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

Do you talk about special infected or something in Left 4 Dead

You know zombie attacks on your compound/ he means that those zombies should be powerful.

wonderfish

wonderfish
  • 49 posts

Mmm. many fun hours spent with L4D..

It would be wonderful to see more variety in compound defense. Perhaps..

Zed special abilities:

* armored. Slow, but diminishes every incoming attack damage by x points, taking at least 1 pt though => hard to kill with rapid-fire weapons.

* cowardly. Uses cover when far from prey, making it difficult to kill with long-range weapons.

* charmer. uses standard AI itself, but has a range in which other zeds head for the charmer instead of the survivors. When it dies, the zeds resume normal tactics - coming all from the same direction, all at the same time.

* armed. Still just smart enough to use a gun. Attacks with a ranged weapon.

* filthy. Taints everything it touches with zed drool. All that needs be cleansed.

* explosive. Goes boom when dying. Too bad for survivors, other zeds, and buildings in range.

* dumb. Doesn't care about obstacles. Picks on target survivor, and heads for it along the shortest path. Too bad for those who get in the way.

* stomach gas. When killed, releases a cloud of gas that makes ranged attacks less accurate for a short while in a small area.

* burrower. Digs its way under spiked fences.

* short-sighted. Doesn't see barbed wire and usually impales itself on it. As a result, other zeds can walk over its corpse over the barbed wire.

* climber. Can climb over unoccupied barricades.

* short-sighted. Attacks anything. Another zed. A survivor. A defense. An outhouse. Keeps at it until the target is destroyed.

For all that to make sense, compound falling to zeds should be a bad thing.. really bad. Aside of injuries and resource loss, perhaps the compound could remain occupied by the infected until the infected there are destroyed by someone?

Could a group of survivors become nomadic? If so, they would lack access to the resouces of the compound, and have a limited carrying capacity, but could continue to a new mission from where they happen to be instead of striking out of their home each time?

Edited by wonderfish, 22 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

the problem would be if they stuck around until removed is if it coincided with a bad set of missions (or perhaps a bunch of single person missions) you could take awful losses, and if you were low on medicine, you'd never get rid of them

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

I agree that compound defence is far too easy by half - I think that a better spawning system is all that is needed + more zeds for challenge and XP!

There should be books that boost level of attacking mobs and/or zed count though... never enough XP to go around ;p

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts
Agreed...... compound defense sounds almost easy.... i hope con make new zombies and i think a good idea if there's more zombie spawns during compound defense....

Celestynka

Celestynka
  • 31 posts

yes, i thought of l4d like climbing zombies.

I don't think it could bring awful looses - if you defend with many chars, there is no way they win.

If you defend with one or two, even if they're wounded by loosing, still it's bearable. After pvp raid looses are much greater and still, they mean nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: horde, defence, defense, zombie, compound