[guide] [faq] Guide For The New Guy

Guide walkthough help faq strategy newcomer

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

POPULAR

So I've noticed many people were joining lately and I've decided to help them out by creating a series of commonly asked questions and helpful suggestions and tips from me and the higher leveled and helpful community of DZ1 on Armor Games + Facebook, Particularly Necromancer_ and Frostedd, so kudos to them.

[1] General Knowledge

Q : What is the level cap?

A : Level 50 On ArmorGames + Facebook , Level 30 on Kongregate

Q : How do I use books?

A : Under your Leader EXP Bar (Top Left Corner), there are 4 squares, click on them.

Q : HOMG I GOT SOME FUEL (Premium Currency), SHOULD I SPEND IT ON HERC KEY CARDZZZ?

A : Our suggestion is not to, since the boxes you retreive as a low level are going to be obsolete as you level up and more than often the box contains more junk than good. Fuel can be used for greater things later on down the road, save it for later if possible. ( Also please note that trading boxes IS NOT RECCOMENDED. Boxes are almost useless and they cost fuel to trade like any item, making it a waste of money!)

Q : I have some money to spend on this game. Shall I spend it on Fuel?

A : I'd suggest buying the DMU, (NOW 30$ USD!) before buying anything else on this game, after that you can spend it on fuel. But as always, please support the Dev's, this is their full time job.

Q : Why should I buy the DMU? And what the heck is that anyways?

A : Its a car which speeds up all your MISSION TIMES (Not raiding) including AUTOMATIC missions to 5m and 15m, respectively. That is quite a shortening from higher level missions so this a good investment if you play this more than often.

Q : What the heck? I just built my Radio stuff and I tried trading some random d00dz and it said "Out Of Range"

A : You're lower than L10, So that means you can only trade up to 5 LEVELS HIGHER. Once you're level 10 and above, you may trade any level.

Q: Feh. I just hit level 10 and my protection wore off, I'm going to be raided like a dog -__-' This game sounds like no fun.

A : Thankfully, that won't happen unless you really ticked someone off or you have a bad defense, If you get raided too often or alot of your survivors are injured, you get FREE PROTECTION. And if you have some fuel to use, place a bounty on them via the bounty office and the bounty hunters will take care of the rest.

Q : So I'm going to seiriously be raided alot?

A : PROTIP : How about in your spare time you help other people's compounds out and have a "Friendly" relationship with your compound neighbors so you become less of a target?

Q : Whats the Max survivors I can have?

A : 10.

Q : WHOA! THERES A FUEL GENERATOR, THANK CON!

A : Not a question, but amazing as it is, yes it is a fuel generator (Which generates fuel for a maximum period of 2 days~), you get 5 fuel extra fuel per upgrade ( A maximum of level 7), but however this device has its drawbacks, for one, it can be raided from and once raided from, you will have to refuel it, even if it had no fuel collected up. AND every time YOU collect it, you will also have to restock it with your Metal, Cloth and Wood.

Q : How do we get fuel?

A : Buying it, Looting it (Random), and using the fuel generator (See above).

Q : So what are the uses of Fuel (ƒ)?

A : Well fuel is pretty versatile in this game, it can be used to buy items from the store, unlock 2x trading slots (See below), trade with other players, speed up your upgrades/scavenging/raids/etc, and craft items from the bench.

Q : Explain this "Trading Slots Upgrade".

A : It allows the player who upgraded to use 2 exclusive slots (Totalling up to 6 slots trade for the one who unlocked) and can use those 2 slots to trade for the base amount of fuel (10) for both players. Making this upgrade useful for players who trade often.

Q: Wha? I just found some grenades, how do you equip them?

A : They're classified as "Active Gear", so you may have a Weapon, Passive Gear, and Active gear, the active gear equip button is next to your passive equipment symbol on your Survivor Loadout. Please note that ALL ACTIVE GEARS are ONE-TIME USES.

Q: How do I show items on chat?

A : Shift click the item in your inventory

Q: How do we trade with one another?

A : Click on someones name and "Trade", please note if you're below level 10, you can trade only with people 5 levels above you

Q : I need some more information on a specific topic, is there some sort of wiki for this game?

A : Yep, the community contributed wiki : http://tlaststand.wi...Last_Stand_Wiki

Q: Can I reset my account?
A: No, Con is the only one that can reset your account, but they only reset the ones that are bugged.

Q: I found a bug, what should I do?

A : Post it on the Bug Reports subsection on this forum

Q: Da fauq? I didn't get everything in the box!
A: No, you will only get one item from any supply box, the item that you will get is selected randomly.

[2] Suggestions for farther down on the road

Q : Should we recycle our components?

A : No, you will most definitely regret it, some of them, eg. Treated Wood, Nails, Weights, Hardened metal are used in item crafting whilst some are used in building for your storage/workbench/engineering bench and etc.

Q : Should we recycle all of our old weapons and garbage then?

A : Sure, save some inventory space and do that, but make sure not to recycle DeathAdders, these become a useful crafting material for Bulldogs,the most powerful handguns in this game.

Q : I keep hearing about these godly "Unique" guns and "Rare" stuff. Where do I cash in on these awesome stuff?

A : Well, typically these types of items are found EVERYWHERE, yep. Anywhere normal stuff is found, just alot harder to find, exact %'s are unknown until Con tells us.

Q: Can I reset my account?
A: No, Con is the only one that can reset your account, but they only reset the ones that are bugged, and are unrecoverable.

Q : OH MAN! I found this amazing Rare/Unique! But I think its stats are pretty bad. Recycle?

A : DON'T YOU DO THAT. There are collectors and fanatics for certain types of rares, often enough, they will be pretty desperate for it and will give you something way better for it. Just savor it for now and hope someone is Richie Rich.

- I decided to post this for now and edit it later, please give some feedback and suggestions if possible.

Edited by Gray, 29 April 2013 - 04:53 AM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

You might want to include the Last Stand - Dead Zone wiki page in OP. http://tlaststand.wi...tand:_Dead_Zone

+1 for the post.

Mylanaster

Mylanaster
  • 35 posts

Thx for the given info, as one of the new ones I got a few hints here (and a few I figured out myself after looking some of the "lets Play"s avaliable)...:)

May luck be with your actions!

Fubar

Fubar
  • 68 posts

My advice to any new player is:  Don't be in a rush to level up.

It may be tempting to get to higher and higher levels to get the weapons etc, before you know it you are level 33 with 4 hrs return times. Enjoy each level to the maximum, make sure you find all the good gear and weapons. Try raiding (if you are into that) at different levels, work out which weapons are good and which are not. Don't be scared of getting a bounty on your head - what is the point of building great defences if you are never going to see if they hold up. The best way to build a good defence is to raid to see what works and what doesn't....And most importantly enjoy the game!

PS: Also buy the Deathmobile upgrade, make life a lot easier and it supports the developers of the game..

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Gray this is awesome, thank you...I might write a more comprehensive newbie level-by-level guide down the line when I have time, but until then this is very useful. I would upvote you twice if I could :P

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 15 April 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

Definitely useful for the newbies, this should be pinned *hint hint Con*. 

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Definitely useful for the newbies, this should be pinned *hint hint Con*. 

+1 crayola, btw yesterday Con made a FAQ in the "general discussions" section of the forum, I think this would look great in or somewhere around there...

edit: nvm, read crayola's reply below

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 15 April 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

+1 crayola, btw yesterday Con made a FAQ in the "general discussions" section of the forum, I think this would look great in or somewhere around there...

This has some info that is really good for new players, while the FAQ by Con, is just as useful as this.

Necromancer_

Necromancer_
  • 36 posts

Dont forget to add the trading "fee", 10 is the base fuel cost and 5 fuel is added to the cost with each item added, both players have to pay said price. Another suggestion to the trading would be avoid HERC boxes at all costs (no sane man wants them) and first watch the trade channel for some time before jumping into it so the new guys would be a little harder to rip off.

Also:

Typing /h for the chat commands

Stars on an item mean that the item has been added recently to the inventory (crafted or found)

Friend related achievements can only be obtained by facebook players (for now) and require both players to be friends of eachother

Fuel, rares and uniques are randomly found

To kill the zombies shoot at them until they die

Active gear is single use, first equip it and then while on a mission/raid right click to "prepare" it and left click on the place that you want to trow it

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

-snip-

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Gray, 16 April 2013 - 03:19 AM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

Here is Con's official FAQ, may be copy some of them which aren't included in OP? Cheers.

http://forum.conarti...07-general-faq/

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

Here is Con's official FAQ, may be copy some of them which aren't included in OP? Cheers.

http://forum.conarti...07-general-faq/

Added some extra tips since new players might not know about it. Con's FAQ is kinda directed at people who know the game a bit more

Edited by Gray, 19 April 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

Glad to see you're still working on this! 

Also @Gray (your last post), I've actually seen a lot of newbies ask stuff like this a lot, and some others have been asked by more experienced players.

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 213 posts

my only advice: correct the prize of the dmu now is 30$ for the rest very good job:)

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

my only advice: correct the prize of the dmu now is 30$ for the rest very good job:)

I'm pretty sure there's a thread of someone complaining about this, but $30 does seem way over the line for a browser game.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

I'm pretty sure there's a thread of someone complaining about this, but $30 does seem way over the line for a browser game.

lol runescape takes 5$ per month for premium content :/...30$ isn't cheap, but realistic :/

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

lol runescape takes 5$ per month for premium content :/...30$ isn't cheap, but realistic :/

You're mentioning Runescape, since EOC it's gone downhill, $5 a long time ago was to get all the features in the game, now you have to pay after you have membership for extra stuff.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

You're mentioning Runescape, since EOC it's gone downhill, $5 a long time ago was to get all the features in the game, now you have to pay after you have membership for extra stuff.

Lol i didnt visit the site for like 5 years now, but now its even worse lol...my point exactly though...30$ is not terrible for a browser game...It's not cheap, but doable.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

Lol i didnt visit the site for like 5 years now, but now its even worse lol...my point exactly though...30$ is not terrible for a browser game...It's not cheap, but doable.

Runescapes audience is slowly declining, and is heading towards more of a variety of games. But I think TLS DZ is going to be standing for a long time. (Heh, no pun intended) The Last Stand...

thekillergreece

thekillergreece
  • 111 posts

+1

Best faq, but you could do more faqs. Like attacking and defending and such...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide, walkthough, help, faq, strategy, newcomer