Photo

Survivors Wont Move.

Survivors stuck movement mission

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

During missions recently my survivors seem "stuck" in the entry zone. when i click to try and move them i get a red cross as in its not a possible move. if i click for them to scavenge an object the say on my way but dont move anywhere. Is it something that i have done or is it bug?

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

OK, startng to get frustrated now because i havent been able to complete missons for days now and m also failing survivor requests because of ths issue and thus also losing moral.

Any suggestions? Aside from the obvious, Flash version, browser etc. tried to play n both full screen and normal modes, no change, flash is up to date and workng fine, happens in Firefox, Chrome & IE. Tried doing missions with different classes ncase it was a specific class causing the issue, and now im out of ideas and have gotten no response from con as to what i can do or wether it is being looked at.

Anyone else getting the same issues?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

Hey OkiStrap,

Have you tried changing any of the graphical settings, such as disabling Antialiasing? This has been known to cause issues for some people.

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

Yea Antialiasing is disabled, as is Dynamic Lighting, and Shadow Quality. problem is still occuring.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

I suddenly had this problem too. The missions maps still load (most of them anyway), but my survivors can't move.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

The Flash Debug Player came back with this error message:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at thelaststand.common.resources.formats::GZipHandler/onLoadComplete()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Crozzie

Crozzie
  • 14 posts

I am quite sure this is some kind of lag problem, this has happened to me before and it gets fixed as soon as i refresh the page. 

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

problem hasnt occured in the last few days, tried refreshing when error occured, no luck fo me on that front, all that happened when i refreshed is i got my ammo back and survivors bac but was locked ut of the map i tried.

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts
They could be scared. Are you putting low level survivors with poor equipment out on high level missions? Try giving them better gear so they won't be afraid. Make them build confidence and maybe they will follow move orders.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

They could be scared. Are you putting low level survivors with poor equipment out on high level missions? Try giving them better gear so they won't be afraid. Make them build confidence and maybe they will follow move orders.

They're AI, they do not think like us.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

Checked again today -- still nothing. Same problem with Okistrap: Refreshing doesn't fix the problem, and I get locked out of the map I tried.

Every map I load seems to have the problem.

jester_13

jester_13
  • 15 posts

I also have the exact same problem. I haven't been able to do a manual mission for 3 days up until now and refresh can't fix it. A few days before that, zombies won't spawn at all during missions.

jester_13

jester_13
  • 15 posts

I just played today and still had the same problem. By the way, the survivors and zombies are moving during every zombie attack on the compound, so the issue only happens during missions. I also sometimes did trial runs on low level areas for checking and they sometimes went ok, though not all the time. And those missions where my survivors can move and scavenge didn't have any zombies appearing.

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

Well, i hope with more players having the same issue the Con will look into this issue more closely.

jester_13

jester_13
  • 15 posts

I'd just like to add that the problem only seems to occur during missions that are outdoors like streets and parks. I've noticed it only recently since I always go for streets and parks. I hope the issue could be fixed soon since its starting to get frustrating.

User2351

User2351
  • 34 posts

I had this happen to me last night while running a mission in a gun shop. Survivors "locked" in the entry zone. Tried to replicate it a few times with no success.

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

I'd just like to add that the problem only seems to occur during missions that are outdoors like streets and parks. I've noticed it only recently since I always go for streets and parks. I hope the issue could be fixed soon since its starting to get frustrating.

i had it happen in streets but also in any other map i tried to play indoors. so not sure if its just an outdoor issue

OkiStrap

OkiStrap
  • 13 posts

i had it happen in streets but also in any other map i tried to play indoors. so not sure if its just an outdoor issue

jester_13

jester_13
  • 15 posts

So far, indoor manual missions have been working for me. I only experience the problem on streets, small st., sub. st, const. sites and parks so I can now gain exp on other missions. I hope the developers finally take note of this issue though.

jester_13

jester_13
  • 15 posts

Awww, it ended too soon. My survivors are now stuck on all areas too. I might fail another survivor's request which I had already accepted because of this.

Edited by jester_13, 01 July 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Survivors, stuck, movement, mission