Photo

Event: Fog Of War

War! raiding pvp event weather fog

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,221 posts

Would this affect regular missions as well? Because scavenging from large maps would be made a lot more difficult than this. Also, you might not see a horde until it's literally right on top of you, so that's another challenge.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

euh a max vision range of 15-20m? i use guns with 34 range, to they would be useless if i can't see the enemy? i don't like this. i always shoot other players when out of my reach with lmg's and then pick them off with my snipers. this would totally kill pvp for me

^ This. The ONLY advantage defenders really have next to traps will be removed, and make raiding piss easy. I would also LOVE to have to rearrange my defenses when these events happen (Read: Sarcasm)

Aquila Cozorav

Aquila Cozorav
  • 83 posts

one question: is the flood light affect the visbility?

and would be good, if the smoke grenade were doubled of its effect during the event
(correct me if that's too OP ) :)

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

one question: is the flood light affect the visbility?

and would be good, if the smoke grenade were doubled of its effect during the event

Floodlights SHOULD affect visibility; the damn things were useless before so they might as well become... useful, I guess.

As for smoke grenade balancing during the event, that's another matter entirely - I'll give it some thought.

^ This. The ONLY advantage defenders really have next to traps will be removed, and make raiding piss easy. I would also LOVE to have to rearrange my defenses when these events happen (Read: Sarcasm)

If an enemy starts shooting (or sets off a trap) within your effective range, your snipers can take them apart. In any case, they can't see where YOUR defenders are until they start shooting or run into each other- which I'd say is a far more important advantage, cause then you can set up ambushes and whatnot :)

Remember, the goal of this event is NOT to make long rifles useless but increase the variety of viable defences. Every weapon should have a role.

Would this affect regular missions as well? Because scavenging from large maps would be made a lot more difficult than this. Also, you might not see a horde until it's literally right on top of you, so that's another challenge.

I agree with you that scavving large maps would be a lot harder with fog, but we can probably adjust that a bit - maybe giving an increased vision range (approx 25m-40m?) compared to pvp (15-20m). It's unlikely that fog rules would apply to indoors areas, although I'm not entirely clear as to how PVE mechanics are worked out so yeah.

Edited by Midimiaow, 02 September 2013 - 11:33 AM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

If an enemy starts shooting (or sets off a trap) within your effective range, your snipers can take them apart

Cool, I can get off two grenades with only half the injuries. Oh quick thing here though....

if people can still raid with quite common effectiveness, won't this throw off the balance MASSIVELY?

We need someone like BrainBore in here to give his 2 cents on this, since he seems honest when something makes raiding TOO easy.

tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts

This needs to happen. I am really a fan of this idea and hope it gets implemented.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: War!, raiding, pvp, event, weather, fog