Photo

Trade Faq's

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

POPULAR

Note to traders: This guide is strictly for Armorgames and Facebook, as I have no idea what the prices of items are or how Kong or Yahoo! players decide to value items.

FAQ's:

Q:What do I need to be able to trade?

A: To trade with everyone, you will need several things.

-Level 10.
If you are under level 10, you will only be able to trade with people +/- 5 levels from you. (For example, if you are level 9, you will only be able to trade with people at level 14 down to level 5.)

-A two-way radio.
A two-way radio is used for sending and receiving private messages between you and another member. Trade agreements are usually done privately, as no one in the trade channel wants to see your entire deal being played out. It's simply a courtesy. 

-Fuel.
All trading costs fuel. There is a base cost of 10 fuel. For every item you add, it costs +5 more fuel (for example, if we were to exchange one item each in a trade, my item would raise the cost to 15, and then your item would raise it to 20). The maximum number of items you can give someone (without free trade slots) is 4. Both players must pay the fuel cost.

---------------------------------------------------------

Q: How do I trade with someone?

A: To trade with someone, you both will need to be online. Click on their username and click "Trade".

Q: What can I trade?

A: Trading is for everything. Every single weapon, resource, book, component, and junk item you have is tradeable. The only thing you can't trade is fuel.

Q: Where should I go to find people to trade with?

The game has a several dedicated trade channels, away from public and Alliance chat where people can go.

Public channel is directly to the left.

publicchanneltradeFAQ1_zps4d32249b.jpg

To join the trade channel, simply click on the "Trade" tab and you will be directed into it. You can switch between public, trade, and Alliance chats freely.

publicchanneltradeFAQ2_zpsd793e0a8.jpg

Trade is split into two main rooms

TradeHigh, which is for levels 25 and above, 

and

TradeLow, dedicated for levels 25 and lower. 

These two rooms help you find a more suitable crowd to potentionally trade with. 

Q: How do I link items into chat?

A: To show what items you want to trade, simply open your inventory, find the item, hold the shift key, and click on it. This will post a preview of the item for people to see.

Q: What are free trade slots?

A: Free trade slots are a purchasable upgrade that you can unlock for 500 fuel. These slots allow you to add two items free of charge. The base cost of 10 fuel still applies. These slots allow you to trade 6 items instead of the normal 4.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips about trading.

1. Do not send "blind" trade requests. This is when you send a request without coming to an agreement or randomly sending them to someone. It's considered rude and spam-ey. Make a deal in private messages (using your two way radio!) before sending the request.

2. Do not spam in the trade channel. Even though it's the trade channel, and lots of items are flowing in and out, don't spam. Most people will block you without a second thought. My recommendation is to post your item(s) that are for sale, wait a few minutes, post again. 

3. Be polite. It's much more pleasant to trade with someone with a good attitude rather than someone who is rude and rushing things. 

4. Be careful. All trades are final. There is no way to get your items back if you make a mistake. Take your time and look over the trade before accepting.

5. If you are unsure about following through with a trade, it never hurts to ask someone you trust. Ask a high-level player if it's a fair trade.

6. Don't trade for resources or components. You will be wasting fuel and items for something that you can just find yourself. It sucks grinding out the warehouses, but just suck it up and find it on your own. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valuable Items

This is mostly for low level players who may have stumbled across something very valuable and them not know how much that item or book is really worth. 

Trade is mostly reserved for rares or uniques, as well as books. Don't come into trade excepting someone to buy your brand new green SMG you found.

Be careful about what you trade. If you are a low level, people may try to take advantage of you if you have something they want.

HERC Keys

HERC keys (specifically level 3) have become the normal currency to trade with. If you do not have uniques to trade, but you still want to buy that cool piece of clothing or weapon someone is offering, you can buy keys with fuel and buy them in that way. Consider keys money. 

Uniques go from anywhere to 1 key up to 100, depending on value. 

Weapons and Gear --

Usually, trading weapons/gear is reserved for purple, rare, and unique qualities. Anything else is not worth the fuel cost. (generally)

The quality of weapons and gear in terms of value are as follows.

Poor quality items are black and worthless. 

--------

Common quality items are white and worthless. 

--------

Uncommon quality items are green and worthless. 

--------

Very Uncommon quality items  are blue and usually worthless. 

--------

Very Rare quality items are purple and sometimes traded, but not very often.

-------

Rare quality items are rust/silver colored. (To some people it may look like blue/red). These have special names and are usually more valuable in trade and generally have better stats than purples, even though the game tells you that purples are better. Rares are randomly generated and very uncommon.

-------

Unique quality items are orange. They have a sunburst pattern and are generally the best items in the game. Uniques are always sought after, and have special names. Uniques are randomly generated.

-------

Premium quality. Premiums are their own separate category. For the most part, premiums aren't very good and not worth a whole lot, so don't let people scam you into thinking they are worth more than they actually are. The only way to get premiums are to buy them using fuel or to trade with someone who has already purchased them. 

-------

Infamous items are craftable only, and cannot be traded. You can however trade the components for them, which can only be obtained from recycling Rare and Unique items. 

Now, I know that the game tells you that purples are better than rares, but just trust me. Generally, rares are more sought after than purples.

Both Rares and Uniques (uniques espeically) are extremely sought after. If you get lucky enough to stumble across one of these at a low level, *be careful* of people trying to scam you out of them.

Books --

Some books that are commonly sought after are 

Peak Oils (temporary and permanent). These books are great, as they give you more fuel.

"Oooh Shiny!" books are always nice. Timed versions above 4% and permanent versions of 3% and 4% are *extremely* valuable. 

Looter books. These are always nice. 15% versions are valuable, but common.

One Man's Trash. These books are used to reduce junk found and some guys love them.

Furious Search. These books are used in conjunction with looters and shinys for a good item-finding combo. 

Generally, most any other book that you find is generally not worth much, unless someone is specifically is looking for a certain book.

Clothing --

Clothing values are a bit wonky. Lootable clothing such as UCPD hats, trucker caps, tactical goggles, etc. etc. are generally *not* very valuable as they are extremely common and easily obtainable. 

However, rarer, non-lootable hats such as Scouting Shrouds, Hockey Masks, Surgeon's Cap, etc. etc. are generally extremely valuable, at least a single unique or more. Depending on how sought after the hat is (generally by how cool it looks) is what determines its value. 

Event clothing is usually valuable, as well as discontinued clothing such as Devil, Warren, etc. 

I am not an expert on hat values. I do not trade hats often and most hats are very rarely traded because of their rarity and because people collect them. That being said, I hoped this section helped a bit.

Crafted Items --

Crafting items can also bring you some wealth. Generally only MAX crafts are worth anything.

Infamous items are valuable, but unfortunately cannot be traded to anyone.

Final Notes

This game has no value system. If you are happy with the trade, and the other person is happy as well, then it is a good trade. Just make sure that you know what your item is worth before you go over or under paying. Make sure that you are going to be happy and not regret your trade. 

If you have any questions about trade, or want to price check your items or make sure that you are getting a good deal, don't hesitate to come and find me and shoot me an in-game PM. I am in DZ1 every night, feel free to message me.

Happy trading!

-Frostedd

Edited by Frostedd, 21 September 2014 - 06:33 AM.

rachel_e

rachel_e
  • 180 posts

frosty: thanks for posting this. i've seen a lot of people in trade recently that don't know what their items are worth, or that have been scammed out of their rares by someone telling them they are less valuable than purples. it sucks to be the one to deliver the news!

all i would add is: if both parties are happy, then the trade is a good one. but that's no excuse to swindle new players out of valuable items because they don't know what they are worth!

happy trading to all!

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

Looks good - I think for those without trading experience (like me, until yesterday) this is very helpful - and I agree with Rachel, it's a nightmare knowing what stuff is worth without spending large amounts of time trading - I think that's one of the significant benefits of being in an alliance, but if you're either an independant or your alliance doesn't do that much assistance it can be a real problem

IRA_

IRA_
  • 75 posts

Thanks, Frosty. I've been getting loads of PMs such as "How can I trade" or "Why am I out of Trading Range". This is sure to help the new guys out quite a bit :)

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Looks good - I think for those without trading experience (like me, until yesterday) this is very helpful - and I agree with Rachel, it's a nightmare knowing what stuff is worth without spending large amounts of time trading - I think that's one of the significant benefits of being in an alliance, but if you're either an independant or your alliance doesn't do that much assistance it can be a real problem

I do it for guys like you!

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

frosty: thanks for posting this. i've seen a lot of people in trade recently that don't know what their items are worth, or that have been scammed out of their rares by someone telling them they are less valuable than purples. it sucks to be the one to deliver the news!

all i would add is: if both parties are happy, then the trade is a good one. but that's no excuse to swindle new players out of valuable items because they don't know what they are worth!

happy trading to all!

Will update it, thanks 

shane mills

shane mills
  • 10 posts

yeah this is really helpful for low lvl players hopefully a majority will see this page 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

yeah this is really helpful for low lvl players hopefully a majority will see this page 

Thanks, feel free to link any new guys you see to this page 

Akuzed

Akuzed
  • 162 posts

Frosty, you're a good man, charlie brown.

Edited by Akuzed, 07 July 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Frosty, you're a good man, charlie brown.

Thank you kindly 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

If you guys have any additions or changes you think I should make, just post them here. 

zulchi

zulchi
  • 72 posts
thanks bro :)

~wackydono

Edited by zulchi, 23 July 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Axoner

Axoner
  • 7 posts

Thks, Frostedd +1 for ya, very informative :)

Edited by Axoner, 09 July 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Dave

Dave
  • 9 posts

It's a nice guide, though i have some questions about the worth of those books. I know that on each platform everything has slightly different values.

So... some examples for reference would be nice.

4% permanent shiny, worth 1-2 good uniques? What about a 3% perm version?

15% looter is timed but you say it's "extremely" valuable, so also 1 unique? It's timed and it doesn't seem worth that much to me.

What about peak oil? also worth a rare or two?

On kongregate, upgraded deathmobile isn't available, so -50% union city shortcut is also traded for things.

Good uniques are m-24, fal, heal/reload/high hp bonus vests and also the latest weapons from the highest brookvalezone.

Crafted blue swords, purple long saws, hollowpoint ammo mods with decent craftingbonus are also useful as currency.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

It's a nice guide, though i have some questions about the worth of those books. I know that on each platform everything has slightly different values.

So... some examples for reference would be nice.

4% permanent shiny, worth 1-2 good uniques? What about a 3% perm version?

15% looter is timed but you say it's "extremely" valuable, so also 1 unique? It's timed and it doesn't seem worth that much to me.

What about peak oil? also worth a rare or two?

On kongregate, upgraded deathmobile isn't available, so -50% union city shortcut is also traded for things.

Good uniques are m-24, fal, heal/reload/high hp bonus vests and also the latest weapons from the highest brookvalezone.

Crafted blue swords, purple long saws, hollowpoint ammo mods with decent craftingbonus are also useful as currency.

I didn't include a set "price" for items because things are so subjective -- may be worth more to some than it is to others. Also this guide is strictly for AG and FB, as I have no idea how trade prices are set or followed by the Kong community. Hope that helped. 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Thks, Frostedd +1 for ya, very informative :)

Thanks! 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

thank bro :)

~wackydono

No problem

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

happy trading to all!

Anything else you can think of to add right now?

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

Few more people have been grateful that I pointed  them towards here, so I thought I'd drop their thanks in

"Also this guide is strictly for AG and FB, as I have no idea how trade prices are set or followed by the Kong community."

Just a thought - is it worth editing that in, just in case a Kong person ends up reading it and it does indeed turn out to be slightly different tradingwise there?

Kazuho

Kazuho
  • 11 posts

hello! just dropping and askin in the way: are the grenades hardly worth? to get a low rare? i know it´s kinda odd but very few ppl does that