Photo

Trade Faq's

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

The other book that can be worth a great deal is the one that adds 200% xp for a 300% increase in travel time - as it doesn't affect manned DMU journeys, people with them find them quite valuable -

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

The other book that can be worth a great deal is the one that adds 200% xp for a 300% increase in travel time - as it doesn't affect manned DMU journeys, people with them find them quite valuable -

Actually that error has been fixed, it does now affect DMU users as well as non DMU users.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Few more people have been grateful that I pointed  them towards here, so I thought I'd drop their thanks in

"Also this guide is strictly for AG and FB, as I have no idea how trade prices are set or followed by the Kong community."

Just a thought - is it worth editing that in, just in case a Kong person ends up reading it and it does indeed turn out to be slightly different tradingwise there?

Will add it in, thank you 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

hello! just dropping and askin in the way: are the grenades hardly worth? to get a low rare? i know it´s kinda odd but very few ppl does that

Grenades are sorta valuable -- they can be hard to find and raiders eat them up like candy. If you can find someone desperate, I'm sure you can trade some m-67's for rare(s). 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Few more people have been grateful that I pointed  them towards here, so I thought I'd drop their thanks in

"Also this guide is strictly for AG and FB, as I have no idea how trade prices are set or followed by the Kong community."

Just a thought - is it worth editing that in, just in case a Kong person ends up reading it and it does indeed turn out to be slightly different tradingwise there?

Edited in!

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

If you guys have any additions or changes you think I should make, just post them here. 

Frosty, You many want to add that items can ONLY be traded (legally) in-game using the trade button thingy. You cannot trade items for cash or purchases...for example it is illegal to trade itemA to a player and in return have that player purchase fuel for you.

nosebagbear

nosebagbear
  • 176 posts

Indeed, though how would they get that fuel to you in any case? They can't transfer it with items, or theymight as well have just bought the items to start with and traded them

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

Indeed, though how would they get that fuel to you in any case? They can't transfer it with items, or theymight as well have just bought the items to start with and traded them

A player can promise another player an item in exchange for logging into their account and purchasing fuel or dmu or other items. This is risky but as you know some players can be persuaded to fall for things with the promise of things that they desire very badly. There are always those all too willing to break the rules. 

Evil Epic

Evil Epic
  • 24 posts

i had no idea about trading values.Now i do nice guide and  im going to trust you.

Edited by Evil Epic, 23 August 2013 - 09:39 PM.

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

awesome guide for new players, upvoted 

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

hello! just dropping and askin in the way: are the grenades hardly worth? to get a low rare? i know it´s kinda odd but very few ppl does that

Grenades... keep 'em but don't go buying them. I find them useless except on raids.

At the higher level areas grenades are common, and homemade ones are always a possible substitute. Many high- levels with the DMU have hundreds of grenades, and can easily afford to trade them away. I myself have nearly 2 dozen smokes, and about a half dozen explosive grenades, and I don't even have the DMU. 

Since you can always craft homemade grenades, I recommend that instead of trading for them. You get some grenades AND you keep your stuff.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Grenades... keep 'em but don't go buying them. I find them useless except on raids.

At the higher level areas grenades are common, and homemade ones are always a possible substitute. Many high- levels with the DMU have hundreds of grenades, and can easily afford to trade them away. I myself have nearly 2 dozen smokes, and about a half dozen explosive grenades, and I don't even have the DMU. 

Since you can always craft homemade grenades, I recommend that instead of trading for them. You get some grenades AND you keep your stuff.

Thank you!

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

awesome guide for new players, upvoted 

Thank you kindly

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

i had no idea about trading values.Now i do nice guide and  im going to trust you.

Thanks!

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

updated a bit

Aya Malevonaire

Aya Malevonaire
  • 94 posts

Anatomy 101 probably needs special mention as does Martial Law books. They're the only combat books I've seen so far that has good use with none of the harmful effects other combat books offer.

Anatomy adds damage to infected while Martial Law will be of use in zombie raid defense as a means top get more exp and finishing up some tasks in quests like killing Infected Herc. They may not big shot sellers as Ohhh shiny and looter but they're handy to keep.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Anatomy 101 probably needs special mention as does Martial Law books. They're the only combat books I've seen so far that has good use with none of the harmful effects other combat books offer.

Anatomy adds damage to infected while Martial Law will be of use in zombie raid defense as a means top get more exp and finishing up some tasks in quests like killing Infected Herc. They may not big shot sellers as Ohhh shiny and looter but they're handy to keep.

I didn't add every book in here because their values are too wonky to be sure of. Some books are great to use (Long Way Home, Leading From a Distance, Martial Law, etc), but they generally are not traded because they are extremely common. Pretty much everyone has a copy. 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

updated a bit 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

bm

Pog Mo Thoin

Pog Mo Thoin
  • 196 posts

Hey Frost, haven't read the entire thread, and only just noticed the guide. But you may want to add which fuel boxes, keys, and clothing in general can be valuable. Also what signifies as a good craft and which are valuable, since crafts are often blue or purple.

Those combined with what you've written so far would give a broader view of what is generally thought to be worth trading. You could also explain 3/3 and why they are generally sought after.

Some pictorial examples would make it look good too, +1 from me.

Edited by Pog Mo Thoin, 07 October 2013 - 08:42 PM.