Photo

Trade Faq's

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

Hey Frost, haven't read the entire thread, and only just noticed the guide. But you may want to add which fuel boxes, keys, and clothing in general can be valuable. Also what signifies as a good craft and which are valuable, since crafts are often blue or purple.

Those combined with what you've written so far would give a broader view of what is generally thought to be worth trading. You could also explain 3/3 and why they are generally sought after.

Some pictorial examples would make it look good too, +1 from me.

Def a great idea to explain what is a good craft/meh craft and OMG THAT IS AWESOME craft.

The others are good things to add as well- Nice suggestions :D

melee

melee
  • 4 posts

Thank you for posting this will be great help and is very informative ,, i have just started and will be trading very soon so this will help greatly thank you Frostedd

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

A HERC supply box that contains a max of 750 fuel can be quite valuable, and a few of those is sometimes worth a unique. Also: supply box keys- everyone wants one.

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Updated to include values for hats and crafted items. Sort of 

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

*belly rubs for another amazing job well done

;)

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

frosty you still making edits?

also LPGD don't know why you were down-voted i agree with you so up-voted to cancel out the down-vote :P

Edited by zombieman426, 28 October 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Agrippas

Agrippas
  • 181 posts

Hey can someone just give me a reply to what you assume or what the actual price for Haunted metal is (depending on amount of course). I feel like some people are getting in way over their heads thinking that each of their metal is worth a unique. 

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

5-10 metal for a lvl 3 herc key, dunno about uniques

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Hey Frost, haven't read the entire thread, and only just noticed the guide. But you may want to add which fuel boxes, keys, and clothing in general can be valuable. Also what signifies as a good craft and which are valuable, since crafts are often blue or purple.

Those combined with what you've written so far would give a broader view of what is generally thought to be worth trading. You could also explain 3/3 and why they are generally sought after.

Some pictorial examples would make it look good too, +1 from me.

added in some of your suggestions. 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Hey can someone just give me a reply to what you assume or what the actual price for Haunted metal is (depending on amount of course). I feel like some people are getting in way over their heads thinking that each of their metal is worth a unique. 

usually 10-20 went for a unique, but it's not longer dropping so the prices could be way down or up.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

In general a good trading guide but I think you forgot some important things:

6. Don't trade for resources or components. You will be wasting fuel and items for something that you can just find yourself. It sucks grinding out the warehouses, but just suck it up and find it on your own. 

Couldn't disagree more. If you don't have a DMU, those can really block your progression in the game, specially, like in my case, if you are more PvP oriented. I personally have traded for components a lot of times until I reached higher levels when I don't need them much anymore.

Valuable Items

-snip-

This whole section I would rephrase. Nobody can define the value of anything in barter trading. You can only talk about trends, since the value is essentially subjective, specially when you have a whole lot of collectors in the game. I've once even found someone willing to buy a black medical kit with only negative bonus! 

The fact that people are always putting a virtual price on items is in fact wasting trade if you ask me, since it's almost impossible to buy "regular" stuff because everyone is asking for rares and uniques in return. 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

In general a good trading guide but I think you forgot some important things:

Couldn't disagree more. If you don't have a DMU, those can really block your progression in the game, specially, like in my case, if you are more PvP oriented. I personally have traded for components a lot of times until I reached higher levels when I don't need them much anymore.

This whole section I would rephrase. Nobody can define the value of anything in barter trading. You can only talk about trends, since the value is essentially subjective, specially when you have a whole lot of collectors in the game. I've once even found someone willing to buy a black medical kit with only negative bonus! 

The fact that people are always putting a virtual price on items is in fact wasting trade if you ask me, since it's almost impossible to buy "regular" stuff because everyone is asking for rares and uniques in return. 

In regards to your disagreement with componenets and resources, fair enough. I just remember spending fuel and trading for those items and deeply regretting it for the fuel. 

Next, the whole point of the "Valuable Items" section is not to put a price on something, but rather to let new players know what is sought after in the game and what they should be on the lookout for. I tried to not include prices for things as much as possible because as you said, prices are so subjective and hard to determine at any given time. 

It's to show new players that they should not trade that shiny, brand new, unique waki away for a two higher level rares. Just to give perspective and help out with making clear on what *most* high-roller traders and regular baterers look for and what's valuable in game. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

bump

Frostedd

Frostedd
  • 562 posts

Edited by Frostedd, 09 January 2014 - 10:35 PM.

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

Frostedd how bout making a list of known collectors on here? like stacy, dammed etc. of what they collect (with their approval ofcourse)

also your hats need updating :P

Edited by zombieman426, 09 January 2014 - 07:59 PM.

rachel_e

rachel_e
  • 180 posts

bumping up :)

also: trick or treat trunks have value because there is a treat that lowers crafting costs.

any box with fuel is going to retain some value.

Calultra

Calultra
  • 82 posts

bump

Calultra

Calultra
  • 82 posts

lets get this back to the top 

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
Le accidental bump

Myst

Myst
  • 82 posts

Very  nice guide for lower levels. I use to never trade for anything, one because I knew to save my fuel a and two because I didn't want to get scammed. A great heads up for them so they don't randomly trade off items as I've known some people get things from low levels  for an unfair price. But a common thing low levels always want to trade off is their supply boxes which everyone has an abundance of. I see this very commonly in public so who knows how much it happens in trade, but it would be a nice thing to add. :)