Photo

Alliances Name Their Ranks...

Alliances Clans Ranks PvP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I think it would be cool if Alliances could name their various ranks. Say, if there are four ranks (Founder, high ranking, mid-ranking, rank-and-file) they could replace the generic ranks with ranks that go along with their alliance.

For example, the Scholars could have:

Dean
Doctorate
Master's (MS)
Bachelor's (BS)

For their four ranks, which go with the higher-education theme of their name.

The Leg1on could have:

1egatus
Centur1on
Opt1o
Leg1onarie

And similar such things. This would just be a fun way to further personalize our alliances, and make them more interactive and generally entertaining.

Edited by Filthy_McBrains, 06 July 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

I'm sure that the dev team has planned adding 1 more rank being a moderator of the alliance, or in Epic Duel, are called officers. Various ranks like what you explain would be great to. So I support the idea.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I'm sure that the dev team has planned adding 1 more rank being a moderator of the alliance, or in Epic Duel, are called officers. Various ranks like what you explain would be great to. So I support the idea.

Idk how many ranks they intend to have, but naming them would still be fun. Also, please don't forget to +1.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

i play clash of clans (free downloadable online game available on the app store thats somewhat similar to deadzone. except more color and no zombies) and in the clans there are also ranks, but it has to be promoted by either the leader or elders(a higher rank).

from my experience, the ranks are, from lowest to highest: new member, clan member, clan elder, clan leader

+1

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Idk how many ranks they intend to have, but naming them would still be fun. Also, please don't forget to +1.

I usually only give rep to forum ideas that I would love intensely to have in the game, I think the game could survive without what you suggested but there should be at least a moderator/officer rank.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I usually only give rep to forum ideas that I would love intensely to have in the game, I think the game could survive without what you suggested but there should be at least a moderator/officer rank.

That's understandable. But I think it's important that they institute this idea with ranks in general, otherwise they'd have to add a separate system to do this, instead of jsut including it in the existing one.

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

Other than having multiple recruiters what is the point of having multiple ranks except for ego.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

Other than having multiple recruiters what is the point of having multiple ranks except for ego.

The number of ranks is irrelevant. We know we'll have at least three (Founder, recruiter/high-ranking/whatever, and basic member). This idea is just that we be allowed to name whatever ranks we have.

Skullcrown

Skullcrown
  • 47 posts

I think is a good idea able to create subordinates ranks the leader, I have been in other games where this is possible, the only problem is that it is difficult to know what types of permissions have each rank, but the same clan can fix it by publishing a table of ranks and tasks.  +1

Edited by Skullcrown, 07 July 2013 - 05:05 AM.

GoldSlayer1

GoldSlayer1
  • 19 posts

you played epicduel? (i used to play it) (if you know me, message me, im not too familiar with this forum yet)

i have not tried the alliance features yet but i hope it has a co-leader rank.

theres nothing i find more annoying than a leader having to do everything alliance related such as recruiting and kicking members (which is the problem epicduel has with their "group" system)

EDIT:

i also like the idea of being able to name the ranks.

some alliances are themed on different things

like HERC, wolves, etc.

my suggestion would be for ranks (alliance maker can change rank title)

Leader

Co-Leader (up to 2 co-leaders)

Officer (up to 5 officers)

Members

Leader: permission to do everything.

Co-Leader: almost the same as leader except for disbanding alliance, cant kick leader, etc. can also demote/promote members to officers and vice versa. can kick officers/members

Officer: can recruit new members

Members: no permissions in terms of management.

i have noticed that alliances can go up to 50 members.

thats a pretty big alliance to manage by a single leader, so thats why im suggesting alliances can go up to 2 co-leaders and 5 officers

i know some will bring up issues like the co-leader kicking everyone out or something like that.

word of advice, if you dont trust the person, dont make him co-leader.

im betting almost all alliances in this game started with a small group of friends and all trust each other.

Edited by GoldSlayer1, 07 July 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

you played epicduel? (i used to play it) (if you know me, message me, im not too familiar with this forum yet)

i have not tried the alliance features yet but i hope it has a co-leader rank.

theres nothing i find more annoying than a leader having to do everything alliance related such as recruiting and kicking members (which is the problem epicduel has with their "group" system)

EDIT:

i also like the idea of being able to name the ranks.

some alliances are themed on different things

like HERC, wolves, etc.

my suggestion would be for ranks (alliance maker can change rank title)

Leader

Co-Leader (up to 2 co-leaders)

Officer (up to 5 officers)

Members

Leader: permission to do everything.

Co-Leader: almost the same as leader except for disbanding alliance, cant kick leader, etc. can also demote/promote members to officers and vice versa. can kick officers/members

Officer: can recruit new members

Members: no permissions in terms of management.

i have noticed that alliances can go up to 50 members.

thats a pretty big alliance to manage by a single leader, so thats why im suggesting alliances can go up to 2 co-leaders and 5 officers

i know some will bring up issues like the co-leader kicking everyone out or something like that.

word of advice, if you dont trust the person, dont make him co-leader.

im betting almost all alliances in this game started with a small group of friends and all trust each other.

That's all well and good, but this idea is less about the ranks themselves (as I understand it, Con has already decided what they will be, as they are being released later this month), and more just letting alliances personalize their ranks to make them more interactive and entertaining for players.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I think is a good idea able to create subordinates ranks the leader, I have been in other games where this is possible, the only problem is that it is difficult to know what types of permissions have each rank, but the same clan can fix it by publishing a table of ranks and tasks.  +1

Thanks, but this idea is less about alliances creating ranks, which wouldn't be a bad idea, and more about alliances just getting to name their own ranks as a means of personalizing them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alliances, Clans, Ranks, PvP