Photo

Give Away Old Quality Items To The Lower Level Players

rareunique gift giveaway quality items present

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

leon63

leon63
  • 7 posts

I am currently at level 34 and have a whole collection of the old high quality items, rares, uniques, crafted and upgraded. Some of them played quite a role in missions and defenses until they became obsolete. I keep them because they are high quality items and some even have a sentimental value, I am reluctant to just get rid of them, yet they are of no use to me anymore. So these things are just sitting there in the inventory.

I would gladly give these items to lower level players which would put them in good use, however the game does not have such option. It would be great to have "Give a gift" option while visiting another player's compound. Gifts could include items as well as resourses. I understand that all players have to do their job, go on mission and scavenge for items and resourses, therefore the number of gift slots can be limited to 2-3 and a friequency of gifts may be also limited to one per week per friend or so.

I hope that I am not the only one who is willing to help the lower level players rather than crash old items in recycler.

Thank you for reading this.

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

Well, nice and kind idea. Maybe used during Z-mas or so? 

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

A season of giving event would be really nice, I"ll give you that

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

This would be really nice, but it would be easily abused with one person having multiple accounts, ect.

Even if CAG made it so you couldn't trade in the same IP address or something, people would still log on to another computer and do it that way.

I'd hate to slam you, but there isn't really a way to do it without everything getting flopped around.

leon63

leon63
  • 7 posts

This would be really nice, but it would be easily abused with one person having multiple accounts, ect.

Even if CAG made it so you couldn't trade in the same IP address or something, people would still log on to another computer and do it that way.

I'd hate to slam you, but there isn't really a way to do it without everything getting flopped around.

I respectefully disagree. Option of helping each other with building and upgrades also can be abused by players with multiple accounts, exactly the same way you described. Yet this option exist and from my point of view it is very inportant. I remember how glad was I to have people helping me with the buildings. It is a good feeling.

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

I respectefully disagree. Option of helping each other with building and upgrades also can be abused by players with multiple accounts, exactly the same way you described. Yet this option exist and from my point of view it is very inportant. I remember how glad was I to have people helping me with the buildings. It is a good feeling.

That isn't exactly game-breaking like giving items would be.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

maybe low-lvl weapons have lower, or better, no fuel cost to give away during trades(note 'giving away', so the other party cant make an offer or there would be a fuel cost?)

i like it man, +1

leon63

leon63
  • 7 posts

maybe low-lvl weapons have lower, or better, no fuel cost to give away during trades(note 'giving away', so the other party cant make an offer or there would be a fuel cost?)

i like it man, +1

I think fuel cost free trade to give away items is a good idea and possibly it will be easier for Con to implement, technically speaking. Also an item will go than to the player that needs it instead of dropping it for a player that migh not needs or wants it.

Thanks for the +1

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

Also, I'll add that you can't help people that aren't in your community; the point is largely invalid

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

I agree.

I had 3 low level (lvl 24-15) Uniques that helped a lot when I was below level 30 but became worthless later. I wish I could have given them to these 3 players that consistently helped me speed up my build times, but they were never in the chat channel. I wouldn't mind paying 10 Fuel to gift an item unsolicited to someone else.

I wound up trading them to some 'collector' along with a useful Unique (135 base DPS) for a Perm UCS 50%. Since then I've recycled 2 very low level Uniques just because I was tired of looking at them, and even that dude who 'loves orange' probably wouldn't have wanted them.

CON has still never explained the goals and objectives of the Fuel / (real) money system, (for them or for the game).

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

CON has still never explained the goals and objectives of the Fuel / (real) money system, (for them or for the game).

Details of the trading system were on the old forum;

https://getsatisfact...k_about_trading - Pre-launch announcement including why trading costs fuel (costs have been reduced since)

FAQ's

What can be traded?
Everything except for Fuel. That means:
- Gear
- Weapons
- Components
- Schematics
- Supply Boxes
- Keys
- Resources
- Junk
- Books (once implemented)
Any crafted items will carry their crafted bonuses.

Why does it cost fuel?
There's a number of reasons.
1. This will have an impact on our economy, we're allowing users to trade items they've picked up for free in the world for potential premium items
2. It's a countermeasure against exploitation.

https://getsatisfact...ading_and_z_mas - Launch of trading

https://getsatisfact...s/trade_changes - Update to trading

My understanding would be that because players are trading potential premium items, there will always be a fuel cost associated with trading

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

That isn't exactly game-breaking like giving items would be.

This.

"Nice" idea, but yeah... no.   Giving lower level players free stuff would take the challenge (and a lot of the fun imho) out of the game for them.

Fyrwulf

Fyrwulf
  • 188 posts

I don't think it's a bad idea. You could limit abuse by implementing the nominal 10 fuel cost, limiting the level difference between gift and gift receiver to +/- 5, and limiting the number of receivable gifts per day to 2. That's a lot of hassle for a cheater to deal with, even without the IP block; cheaters are cheaters because it's easier and cheaper to cheat than it is to earn what they want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rareunique, gift, giveaway, quality items, present