Photo

Trap Spotting Chance Reduced?

pvp trap spotting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

Lately i have had issues with trap spotting.

My highest recon spots trap from 5 ''meters'' but fails to see trap right next to his feet.

I've been wondering that if this is intended that you sometimes fail to spot traps, this have been noticeable within few weeks, or is it some sort of bug?

Please don't tell me that i need to stand on place to see them or to take my ooh shiny off, or to use recon, iv'e done enough raiding to know this basic stuff.

User2351

User2351
  • 34 posts

Lately i have had issues with trap spotting.

My highest recon spots trap from 5 ''meters'' but fails to see trap right next to his feet.

I've been wondering that if this is intended that you sometimes fail to spot traps, this have been noticeable within few weeks, or is it some sort of bug?

Please don't tell me that i need to stand on place to see them or to take my ooh shiny off, or to use recon, iv'e done enough raiding to know this basic stuff.

RNG is RNG. I went two weeks without missing a trap and about a week ago my recon failed to spot both a WOM and a scatterbomb on the same raid. Two serious injuries later...

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

RNG is RNG. I went two weeks without missing a trap and about a week ago my recon failed to spot both a WOM and a scatterbomb on the same raid. Two serious injuries later...

So you are saying that it's intended and RNG decides whether you spot them or not?
Then, why i don't see any official announcements about it?

Edited by Hezm, 13 July 2013 - 12:43 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

It is skill based. You have a chance(%) to detect them. That inevitably means some will not be detected the first time around. There would be no point whatsoever to traps if you could detect them almost all of the time.

There are a few little tips and tricks that can be used to moderately increase the chance of detection, but some of us raiders keep most of those to ourselves. Plus they are easy enough to deduce if you are observant enough during your raids.

Lastly, if suspicious of an area, but still unsure, throw a grenade and clear a path. Granted it is wasteful, and it isn't the most efficient option, but it gets the job done.

SQQ

SQQ
  • 387 posts

pro tip: running your survivors into the enemy base has 100% chance of identifying and neutralizing the traps instantly. and if u are already severely injured to begin with, you will suffer no further severe injuries. so remember to bring a long a few more warm bodies to clear the traps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, trap spotting