Protection - Cooling Off Period?

Cooling Off Period Protection countdown timer bought protection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Hey all,

I don't understand this... I bought some fuel to buy some protection to get a little peace time. It's now run out so I went to buy more but find there is a timer counting down that blocks me from buying more protection. All it reads is "Cooling Off Period" and displays a digital clock counting down to [I guess when I can buy protection again].

What's this about and why is it there? I now have no protection displayed on my screen. Can I be attacked? This has me baffled.

Why am I being blocked from adding additional protection time to my compound?

Thanks,

Rowdy

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Con, looks like no one in the forums knows the answer here. Can you fill me in. Thanks!

xXTehCrusaderXx

xXTehCrusaderXx
  • 606 posts

There is a cool-down if you looked at the protection in the shop.

Sorry I couldn't get to ya sooner, but Jackie Chan told me this example:

If you buy 7 days of protection, you have a 21 day cool down.

If you buy the max protection, it's only multiplied by 2.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

It's there to avoid the exploitation of buying protection immediately after it expires. The other exploitation is when raiding someone and buying protection or using the white flag after you finish the raid. And yes, you can still be attacked if you have the cooldown timer.

SQQ

SQQ
  • 387 posts

hey buddy, if u got a problem with raids, grab urself a white flag for the low low price of 800 fuel while its still on sale.

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

This all makes sense, especially using the protection as an exploit.

There's always one in every barrel who'll exploit something to heighten their ego.

Thanks for the answers folks.

Good luck out there and happy Zombie hunting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cooling Off Period, Protection, countdown, timer, bought protection