Claiming Banners...

PvP Alliance Raid War Clan Banner

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

POPULAR

I'm not sure what exactly Con has planned for alliance wars, but the idea struck me: wouldn't it be pretty cool if when we raided members of other alliances, we had the option of looting their banner, the same as we would any loot container, but instead of getting guns, or ammo or something, we simply got their banner? When you do this, they lose their banner until they repair it, similarly to the FUEL generator (something which, though I feel should be expensive just to add injury to insult, would more realistically be relatively cheap). And you can then open a menu under your banner, and choose maybe 3 'conquered' banners that you can hang underneath your own banner. This could have a number of uses, from bragging rights, to just a more inventive version of capture the flag and a more entertaining and interactive clan war, to show animosity and rivalry. I think this would be a fun addition, and though I can't be entirely sure of how it would be instituted, from a programmer's perspective, but if it could be I think it would make for a much more fun and engaging game.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

this is actually nice. but would it just work as a kind of 'score'. so it keeps track of how many flags u captured

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

this is actually nice. but would it just work as a kind of 'score'. so it keeps track of how many flags u captured

That's something that could be easily done. The menu could easily have the number of each flag that you've captured in it, same as your inventory, really.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

I think Con has said somewhere that that was actually his intention for the alliance banner. Just like it's not a successful bounty hunt unless you kill the leader, it's not a successful alliance- driven raid unless the banner is captured.

Seres69

Seres69
  • 235 posts

To win an attack on a alliance the banner has to be destroyed. Not captured, destroyed.

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts

To win an attack on a alliance the banner has to be destroyed. Not captured, destroyed.

At least to my knowledge Con really hasn't said weather they will be captured or destroyed.

As for the OP I think this is a fantastic idea +1

Perhaps you could hang your captured flags on the back wall of your compound?

Uncharted

Uncharted
  • 11 posts

yea this would be epic :D +1 for this idea

Also there's no reason why u cant destroy the flag pole and steal the banner ;)

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Yeah, that's a good idea. But one of the problems i see is the actual item itself showing in the inventory. With A LOT of combinations, it will certainly fill your inventory, and so many different item entities will be hard to create for the system.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

Yeah, that's a good idea. But one of the problems i see is the actual item itself showing in the inventory. With A LOT of combinations, it will certainly fill your inventory, and so many different item entities will be hard to create for the system.

That's why the idea was for it to NOT be in your inventory, but rather in a separate menu connected to your Alliance Banner (similar to how the recycler has it's own associated inventory space). As for the game creating them, it would basically just need to add three, tattered (preferably blood-soaked) blank flags to the alliance banner (perhaps simply make it a level 2 upgrade for the banner), and then allow you to choose what design is on each of these flags based on the banners you have looted.

Uncharted

Uncharted
  • 11 posts

That's why the idea was for it to NOT be in your inventory, but rather in a separate menu connected to your Alliance Banner (similar to how the recycler has it's own associated inventory space). As for the game creating them, it would basically just need to add three, tattered (preferably blood-soaked) blank flags to the alliance banner (perhaps simply make it a level 2 upgrade for the banner), and then allow you to choose what design is on each of these flags based on the banners you have looted.

um wouldn't that be exploitable? say you are in an alliance war and u raid some random and small alliance to take there banner, change its designs so it looks like u successfully raided the alliance you are in war with. I like your other ideas though, just not he blank flags. maybe have a max of 5 banners you can collect? and u have to dispose of one to get another, to make it easier to implement for con 

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

um wouldn't that be exploitable? say you are in an alliance war and u raid some random and small alliance to take there banner, change its designs so it looks like u successfully raided the alliance you are in war with. I like your other ideas though, just not he blank flags. maybe have a max of 5 banners you can collect? and u have to dispose of one to get another, to make it easier to implement for con 

That's why I said it only lets you pick from the list of banners you captured, without altering them. And the idea of having a cap of 5 or so banners to pick from is a good idea. :)

Uncharted

Uncharted
  • 11 posts

That's why I said it only lets you pick from the list of banners you captured, without altering them. And the idea of having a cap of 5 or so banners to pick from is a good idea. :)

ah, i see, sorry misunderstood on my part

Edited by Uncharted, 15 July 2013 - 09:42 AM.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

i guess that works, but then i gotta surround my banner with traps instead of keeping it outside in a "place of honor".

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

i guess that works, but then i gotta surround my banner with traps instead of keeping it outside in a "place of honor".

Or, you place all your defenses so that anyone who wishes to touch your banner must kill every one of your survivors first. My defenses are outside my compound, and my banner stands before the gate to them.

Aquila Cozorav

Aquila Cozorav
  • 83 posts

would be good if the captured banner give you "alliance token"

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

would be good if the captured banner give you "alliance token"

and buy with those tokes some rescource bundels or protection of some other stuff for the whole alliance. so how bigger the alliance how exspensiver the bundels would be

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts

After each bi-weekly alliance war, wouldn't it be cool if the top ten alliances each received the tattered banner of their chief rival (the enemy alliance they most successfully attacked)?   

This banner could be displayed as discussed by the posts above.

This would be displayed until the next war where it would disappear and that alliance would have to re-earn that enemy's banner.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

After each bi-weekly alliance war, wouldn't it be cool if the top ten alliances each received the tattered banner of their chief rival (the enemy alliance they most successfully attacked)?   

This banner could be displayed as discussed by the posts above.

This would be displayed until the next war where it would disappear and that alliance would have to re-earn that enemy's banner.

Love it, +1 from me.

Maybe the "tattered, preferably blood soaked banner" of the alliance in question could fly below your alliance banner? Or hung on the back wall of the compound? 

Ooh! Idea!

What if you could set up a "Wall of Shame" along the outside walls of your compound? Then, you can hang the banner of each alliance you successfully raid! (If you raid the same alliance multiple times, you only get one banner, sorry. Maybe have a number painted next to it for how many successful raids completed?)

Anyway, you can hang a max of 30 banners (10 per wall), with a separate inventory for the banners?

Aquila Cozorav

Aquila Cozorav
  • 83 posts

and buy with those tokes some rescource bundels or protection of some other stuff for the whole alliance. so how bigger the alliance how exspensiver the bundels would be

well con had confirmed that the purpose of alliance token is to buy like stat boost or new abbilities not resource and protection ;)

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

well con had confirmed that the purpose of alliance token is to buy like stat boost or new abbilities not resource and protection ;)

:P didn't saw that then :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP, Alliance, Raid, War, Clan, Banner