Photo

Long Range Weapons Are Useless During Missions

surrounded shoot too late long range weapons

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

if your using LRs in missions and searching a container next to a spawn point right as the next wave is about to come out, the problem is not the game, its your PvE tactics.

watch the zed closer, pay attention to the invisible "spawn timer", watch how your survivors react in different situations. you must be somewhat new yet if your having problems with these issues. yes spawn zones are clearly visible, yes there is a certain grace zone surrounding the spawn points.... setup your team accordingly.  LRs are a bad idea for PvE unless its a FAL or SVD... but even then there are better options. there is also a timer from when the last zombie from one wave is killed to the spawn of the next wave.... pay attention and learn how to play the game. your survivors will not do everything automatically, don't be afraid to move your survivors around..... a lot..... especially your melee man.

MagBlaster

MagBlaster
  • 246 posts

Try bringing more battle ready rifles (ones that have less range and more attributes towards other stats like ammo size and aps) they work perfectly as a support weapon especially if fast and can whittle down a zombies hp for a strong melee survivor to kill. Always put a bando on them so they can reload faster. A good combination is getting a silenced LR (if you have one) and a chainsaw (or mini chainsaw) and having the sniper be in the back while your chainsaw guy aggros them and makes the zombies turn their back on the sniper. You'll get critical hits on all the zombies the sniper hits. 

Edited by That Guy, 31 March 2014 - 02:49 PM.

Bunni1337

Bunni1337
  • 9 posts

I agree, it is rather fun doing missions with all mele and one long range. This seems to work well keeping the long range in center while spreading out your mele peeps in a box form around the shooter and the looter.

Otherwise it is lame, I hope next update this issue is addressed, it kinda makes guns stupid for anything other than pvp. I've even noticed on attacks from zombies at my compound mele puts them down faster and quicker... than a lvl 4 riffel.... like why? lol AI needs to make its mind up, it gunna shoot thru wall or not? Going to react instantly to zombies or not? I've seen em do several conflicting things on diffrent levels. In one home my fighter will shoot thru a wall ike it isnt there into the other room to kill a zombie, then on a diff level hes getting hit and still hasen't fired yett. Like um....? Pick one plz. IDC which one but, some consistancy plz? :)

I agree with the above said, the reaction time between survivor and zombie entering the white circle needs to be increased greatly. I'll have survivors not even shoot a zombie til their struck. Like wow.

Also has anyone else noticed survivors react oddly when on the "safe" zones? mele guy wouldnt even turn to fight a zombie next to him til it hit him, when i clicked one spot outside the green, he started swinging and attacking all normal... like wth?

iavicenna

iavicenna
  • 7 posts

With good positioning long range rifles also become useful during missions. Usually you have to put them in some corner away from holes where there is only a single cone of approach and the other survivors (make sure some of them have guns to make some noise as well) inside that cone half the shooting radius. In this case good snipers can kill half of the zombies before they even reach your survivors.

iavicenna

iavicenna
  • 7 posts

Also has anyone else noticed survivors react oddly when on the "safe" zones? mele guy wouldnt even turn to fight a zombie next to him til it hit him, when i clicked one spot outside the green, he started swinging and attacking all normal... like wth?

That is because melee guys tend to move towards the zombies when they see them. When you send someone to a safe zone, you want them to stay inside and keep getting all the time. This can be critical if you have just like 10 seconds and trying to send everyone to the safe zone and you have multiple melee survivors. You don't have the time to bring back multiple survivors who keep running after zombies and exiting the safe zone in the last second.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 459 posts

No Necroing Threads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surrounded, shoot, too late, long range, weapons