Photo

Suspected Hacker On Kong

Hacker Kong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Flamefalco

Flamefalco
  • 62 posts

So there is this raider on Kong who has been creating quite a stir.

The name is zlongvisual and he trashes every compound he hits with no casualties. And he has a ton of upgrades going unusual for a level 30.

After some research a few of us have found his name mentioned with other hackers: http://www.kongregat...port-ii?page=10

Can you check up on his account to make sure nothing is fishy Con? Thanks!

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

99% of the compounds I raid end up decimated, and I almost always come away with 0 casualties at my end.... Am I a hacker?

he trashes every compound he hits with no casualties.

You can't possibly know ^ that..... Think about it for a moment, it is an absurd statement.

After some research a few of us have found his name mentioned with other hackers: http://www.kongregat...port-ii?page=10

You call that "research"! Aww hell, I've had enough of this world......FML

SQQ

SQQ
  • 387 posts

i m well over lv 30 and i still have tons of upgrades going on. sometimes 6 or 7 upgrades simultaneously. and 10+ more for repairs

Flamefalco

Flamefalco
  • 62 posts

BrainBore chill a bit, alright?

I'm just asking for an inquiry on this account because it literally came out of nowhere. I suspect some sort of exp/speed hack because he's leveled up really quickly (perhaps from just raiding, but I'm not sure).

I've talked with a few people on Kong who have had encounters with him and it's the same story with all.

Flamefalco

Flamefalco
  • 62 posts

i m well over lv 30 and i still have tons of upgrades going on. sometimes 6 or 7 upgrades simultaneously. and 10+ more for repairs

Were you upgrading your eng bench to level 5 at 30?

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

BrainBore chill a bit, alright?

I'm about as chilled as I can reasonably be without certain other 'help'... :)

I'm just asking for an inquiry on this account because it literally came out of nowhere.

So you want Con who is likely quite busy, to investigate someone's account on a whim of yours.... Okay then.

I've talked with a few people on Kong who have had encounters with him and it's the same story with all.

If you talked with most of my victims they would probably suspect myself of cheating because they (as mostly non-raiders) can't grasp the mechanics used to easily overwhelm compounds.... So what these people say means nothing....

Lastly, I'm not saying he isn't cheating in some way. He could very well be, I just highly doubt it as I know it is easily possible to do all of that without cheating.

Flamefalco

Flamefalco
  • 62 posts

It's not just a whim. I've given my opinion on the matter and it's up to Con to investigate it if he can. 

Maybe he isn't cheating, perhaps he's just exploiting many of the bugs you've found in raiding and more?

And that is why I'm asking, because Con is the only one who can give an accurate answer on this matter

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

You've got to provide evidence or it's not going to be helpful you won't believe how many people don't bring evidence. Pictures of your compound, raid reports, pictures of other victims compounds, pictures of his compound. These will strengthen your case or allow people like Brian to offer advice on the compound defence.

The reason he gets agitated is because everyone who calls hacker doesn't have any proof, the closest one we got to a hacker was someone reporting a knife with unbelievable DPS output and that knife belonged to Con (they reported Con for hacking)

Using your argument I could say you are a hacker since I've heard on chat that you've been hacking ... see how that works, provide evidence. EVIDENCE!

Just one more time                  EVIDENCE!

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Oh, BrianBore.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.  

Falco is suggesting that this account is either suspicious or a very determined troll with a lot of time on their hands.  It could be an alt or, it could be something more sinister.  Why don't we just let the forum breath a bit, and allow players the ability to express themselves, without fear of being shot down by some of its more active members.  Ultimately, Con will determine if something like this is worth his time or not.    

I certainly feel the worst option would be any suspected malevolence go unreported, because of fear of forum splash back.

Anyone know how difficult it would be to find proper, non-anecdotal evidence of cheating?  Next to impossible.  Cheating does happen, though.  Script-building is common-place for flash games, and there are websites dedicated solely to the dissemination of cheats.  

Although, I am certain Con appreciates you valiantly protecting him from players who potentially might waste his time, I do believe he can make his own decision.  

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I do believe he can make his own decision.  

As do I, not that I or you need to state such an obvious thing..... :/

If this were the first time I had seen "zomg this guy is hacking, he flattened my/our compound/s and I/we don't understand how, therefore he must be a hacker" (or similar) I would let it go.

But it's not the first time, or the second, etc.... I'm fed up of seeing people accuse certain raiders of being hackers just because they had their compound laid to waste; it gets real old, real quick.

Anyone know how difficult it would be to find proper, non-anecdotal evidence of cheating?  Next to impossible.

Finding evidence may be difficult, especially in certain circumstances, but when the OP makes this statement: "and he trashes every compound he hits with no casualties" I do have to wonder about his credibility, seeing as it is very unlikely he actually knows that for sure, and the choice of his wording had an obvious intent.

Did you even read what I posted?

My first post had 3 small lines (excluding quotes); one that posed a simple question, the next that pointed out the fallacy of a statement made by the OP, and the last that mentioned the abuse of the word 'research' (IMO). So I fail to see how I shot him down, and in my second post I even mentioned that yes the guy could still be cheating, I just doubt it, that's all.

Lastly, we are in a public forum, with the obvious expectation that people will comment on what you post; if Flamefalco wanted a private word with Con then he could have just emailed support..... So I fail to see the point of your post, all things considered.

PS - She also sings.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Yeah, I'm going to put it down as determined. Without going into too much detail, he's raided a lot and has the scars to prove it. He's also been on the receiving end of quite a few raids.

He's been playing for around 3 weeks and if you've got enough time, going from 1 to 30 in that time is very possible.

Can we cut down on the 'hacking' talk. There are players that just play a lot, this guy for example has logged in close to 300 times in that 3 week period.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hacker, Kong