Jump to content

Photo

Museums And Noise Re-vamp

Locations Gameplay Noise

  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Since Union City is based of New York, it's got to have a few famous museums around the city. Now I know you're gonna think "What use can a museum bring?" Well, hear me out first :-/



--------WARNING: Very long post below, read at your own risk. You have been warned.---------



----Museum (lvl. 20-lvl. 30+)----

Description: "The city's museum, really big interior, (Probably the size of two large hardware stores) try your luck and see if you can loot anything worth your time."

You have a 25% chance of finding one weapon/gear per museum run, and one is also max.


---Achievements (For those End Game fanatics!)---

Collector: Have one of each weapon and gear in the museum. +55,000 XP

Nazi Ingenuity: Kill 500 infected using German weapons. +2,500 XP

'Murican Firepower: Kill 500 infected using American weapons. +2,500 XP

Like a Sir!: Kill 500 infected using British weapons. +2,500 XP

Renaissance Man: Kill 1,000 infected using Med-evil weapons. +3,500 XP


---Loot Spots---

Corpses (x4): Junk, food, water

Display cases (x15): Books, junk, ammo, weapons, gear

Crates (x5): Food, water, junk

In all, 24 looting spots.


---New Weapons, Gear and Components(Available only at museums)---

Weapons and gear dating back hundreds and possibly even thousands of years, waiting for you to pick them up and continue the slaughter of which they were created to do.

Due to the nature of being in museums, the condition of them are rather well considering their over a few decades old. 

 

 

Components-

 

(Now, taking in Rose Mantis's idea of turning the weapons/gears themselves into components aswell, I've done some tweaking below.)

 

 

Sword Blade: "The rest of the sword is missing, but the blade's still sharp."

 

Axe Head: "It's missing the rest of it's body, but it can still smash a few skulls."

 

Ruined Breastplate: "A broken knight's armor, might be useful for crafting."

 

Scrapped Armor: "Scraps of armor that fell off the relics, might be able to deflect a bullet after some work on it."

 

(Can't think of anything else :/) 

 

 


(NOTE: There are only black and grey versions, black being the most common and grey being the best. They all also have a chance to "jam" [suddenly reload] in the grey and black versions, the crafted ones fixing the flaw.)

 

LMG jam chance:  10%

 

SMG jam chance:  5%

 

Long RIfle jam chance:  5%

 

Assualt rifle(s) jam chance:  10%

 

 

 

Side-note:  CBP=Crafting Bonus Possible, one's without CBP cannot be bonused.    Most of these weapons require a lvl 7-11 weapons bench. 


LMGs-(lvl. 30)



B.A.R:------------------------------------------> Browning's Executioner (Crafted, 40 fuel)----55 Machined parts, grip, stock, magazine case, pipe, lenses.  


Damage: 28-40                                         Damage: 44-52 (CBP)

Range: 16                                                 Range: 16.5

Attacks per second: 12                             Attacks per second: 12 (CBP)

Accuracy (Hit chance): 45%                      Accuracy (Hit chance): 55% (CBP)

Magazine size: 20                                     Magazine size: 25

Reload speed: 3.5 seconds                      Reload speed: 3

Noise: 10                                                   Noise: 15


Knock-back: 5%--------------------------------Same

-15% Move speed------------------------------Same

"Used in WWII by American G.I's, these classics are a die hard and are capable of heavy suppressive fire."

 


Bren Gun----------------------------------------->Churchhill's Legacy (Crafted, 45 fuel)  65 Machined parts, barrel, foregrip, stock, magazine case, grip

Damage: 38-42                                            Damage:  48-60 (CBP)

Range: 18                                                    Range:  19 (CBP)


Attacks per second: 6.5                               Attacks per second:  7

Accuracy (Hit chance): 50%                         Accuracy (Hit chance): 50%

Magazine size: 30                                        Magazine size: 40 (CBP)

Reload speed: 5 seconds                            Reload speed: 5.5 seconds

Noise: 15                                                      Noise: 25 

Knock-back: 7.5%                                        Knock-back: 8.5%

-20% Move speed--------------------------------Same

"A British classic, a powerful but slow machine gun capable of making melon sized holes on targets."


MG42--------------------------------------------> Facist's Grave-Digger  (Crafted, 55 fuel)  55 Machined parts, barrel, stock x2, grip x2, sight. 

Damage: 18-25                                           Damage:  25-30 

Range: 15                                                   Range:  16

Attacks per second: 18                               Attacks per second: 22 (CBP)

Accuracy (Hit chance): 35%                        Accuracy (Hit chance): 40% (CBP)

Magazine size: 120                                     Magazine size: 160  

Reload speed: 6 seconds                           Reload speed: 5

Noise: 10                                                     Noise: 15 (CBP)

Knock-back: 6%---------------------------------Same

-20% Move speed-------------------------------Same

"Nazi Germany's standard machine gun in WWII, it gained the title of 'Hitler's Buzz-saw' by Allied troops for it's insane fire rate."



SMGs-(lvl 20-lvl. 25)


Thompson M1A2: (lvl 25)----------------------> The Heart Breaker (Crafted, 40 fuel)  35 Machined parts, grip, stock x3, sight x2.

Damage: 17-23                                               Damage:  22-27  (CBP)

Range: 12                                                       Range: 14

Attacks per second: 12                                Attacks per second:  15

Accuracy (Hit chance): 45%                            Accuracy (Hit chance): 55%
 
Magazine size: 30                                           Magazine size:  50 (CBP) 

Reload speed: 3 seconds                               Reload speed:  4 seconds  (CBP)

Noise: 8                                                           Noise: 10

Knock-back: 8%-------------------------------------Same

"The standard SMG for Allied troops, it punches out the .45 ACP round at a decent rate of fire."

 

MP-40: (lvl 20)--------------------------------------> Reich Will (Crafted, 40 fuel)  35 Machined parts, stock, sight x2, magazine case.

Damage: 15-20                                                 Damage: 21-28

Range: 13                                                         Range: 15

Attacks per second: 8.5                                    Attacks per second: 9

Accuracy (Hit chance): 55%                              Accuracy (Hit chance):  60% (CBP)

Magazine size: 32                                              Magazine size:  40 (CBP) 

Reload speed: 4 seconds                                 Reload speed:  5 seconds (CBP) 

Noise: 5------------------------------------------------Same

Knock-back: 5%--------------------------------------Same

"The Fascist 9mm SMG of the 'Last Great War', it was a common symbol of Hitler's army. Disowned for it's ease of manufacturing and control."


Sten Mk.11 (lvl 20)----------------------------------> Royal Disgrace (Crafted, 40 fuel) 35 Machined parts, 2 grips, stock, pipe, lenses x2. 

Damage: 12-18                                                   Damage: 15-22 (CBP)

Range: 12                                                           Range:  12.5 (CBP)

Attacks per second: 11                                       Attacks per second:  18

Accuracy (Hit chance): 45%                                Accuracy (Hit chance): 55% (CBP)

Magazine size: 32                                                Magazine size: 32

Reload speed: 2.8                                               Reload speed: 2.5

Noise: 5                                                               Noise: 10

Knock-back: 5%----------------------------------------Same

"The British Commonwealth's take on the German MP-40, the 'Sten Gun' could in-take German MP-40 magazines, making it a highly versatile weapon."



Long Rifles-(lvl 25-lvl. 30)


M1 Garand: (lvl. 25-lvl. 30)--------------------------> Patton's Battle Impletation (Crafted, 60 fuel) 70 Machined parts, stock x2, sights x2, pipe, lenses x2.

Damage: 110-120                                                 Damage:  135-150

Range: 22                                                             Range: 23 (CBP)

Attacks per second: 1                                           Attacks per second: 1.5

Accuracy (Hit chance): 75%                                  Accuracy (HIt chance):  90% (CBP)

Magazine size: 8                                                    Magazine size: 12 (CBP) 

Reload speed: 3.5                                                 Reload speed:  3

Noise: 10                                                               Noise: 25

Knock-back: 10%----------------------------------------Same

"The American's replacement for the aging Springfield, the Garand gives the average American foot soldier 8 rounds of .30-06 at his finger tips."


Gewehr 43: (lvl 25)-------------------------------------> Hitler's Testimony (Crafted, 60 fuel)  70 Machined parts, magazine case, stock x2, sights x2.

Damage: 65-80                                                       Damage: 70-95 (CBP)

Range: 20                                                               Range: 22

Attacks per second: 2                                             Attacks per second: 2.5 (CBP)

Accuracy (Hit chance): 65%                                    Accuracy (Hit chance): 70% 

Magazine size: 10                                                   Magazine size:  15

Reload speed: 3.5                                                  Reload speed: 4 (CBP) 
 
Noise: 10                                                                Noise:  25

Knock-back: 10%-----------------------------------------Same

"The German equivilant of the American 'Garand', the Gewehr 43 was the main semi-automatic rifle for the German army near their defeat."


Lee Enfield Mk.2 (lvl 30)--------------------------------> Her Majesty's Guard (Crafted, 80 fuel) 80 Machined parts, sights x2, barrel, stock x5, magazine case.  

Damage: 120-140                                                     Damage:  145-180 (CBP)

Range: 25                                                                 Range: 32

Attacks per second: 0.8 (Exceptional bolt system)    Attacks per second: 0.8 

Accuracy (Hit chance): 70%                                      Accuracy (Hit chance): 75% (CBP)

Magazine size: 10                                                      Magazine size: 10       

Reload speed: 4.5 seconds                                       Reload speed:  6 seconds 

Noise: 10                                                                    Noise: 30  (CBP)

Knock-back: 12%                                                       Knock-back: 15%

"The British's main infantry rifle during the 'Great Wars', it's an extremely reliable weapon with a great bolt system."


Assault Rifle(s)-(lvl. 30)

Stg-44---------------------------------------------------> Blitzkrieg Runner (Crafted, 75 fuel)  70 Machined parts, grip x2, magazine case, sight x3.

Damage: 20-25                                                    Damage: 30-42

Range: 16                                                            Range: 18

Attacks per second: 9                                          Attacks per second: 11

Accuracy (Hit chance): 50%                                 Accuracy (Hit chance): 55% (CBP)

Magazine size: 30                                                 Magazine size:  40 (CBP)

Reload speed: 3                                                   Reload speed: 4 (CBP)

Noise: 10                                                               Noise: 15

Knock-back: 8%                                                    Knock-back: 5%

"The world's first assault rifle, this was one of the most feared weapons of Hitler's Third Reich. Only a few remaining models of this legendary firearm remain today."


Melee-(lvl. 20-lvl. 30)


Knight's Sword (lvl. 30):

Damage: 180-280

Range: 3

Accuracy (Hit chance): 99%

Attacks per second: 1.5

Noise: 0

Knock-back: 15%

Move speed: -10%

"A Templar Knight's iron blade, due to it being priceless, the museum staff has gone to significant lengths to keep it in mint condition. Even after countless centuries, it still posses it's former lethality."


Gladius (lvl. 20):

Damage: 80-120

Range: 1

Accuracy (Hit chance): 99%

Attacks per second: 1.8

Noise: 0

Knock-back: 8%

"A Roman soldier's standard sword, still sharp enough to severe limb from limb."


Kanabo (lvl 25-lvl 30): (http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Kanabō) Dunno how to post pics, I'm such a newb ._.

Damage: 200-320

Range: 2

Accuracy (Hit chance): 99%

Noise: 0

Knock-back: 50%

Move speed: -15%

"Basically a giant iron club with spikes, it can bring some serious hurt at a decent reach. Excellent from tenderizing meat."


Armor (Vests)-(lvl 25-lvl 30)


Knight's Breastplate (lvl 30)

+40% Health

-10% Damage taken

-15% Move speed (Stacks with other movement penalties, e.g Knight's Breastplate+Knight's Sword means -25% movement speed.)


"A Templar Knight's solid steel breastplate, although old and heavy, it can still hold it's own against a few bullets."


Karuta (http://en.wikipedia....apanese_armour)): (lvl 20)

+30% Health

+10% Attack speed with melee weapons.

-10% Movement speed


"Basic military armor of ancient Imperial Japan, it was worn by nearly every type of foot soldier and afford decent protection without sacrificing too much movement speed."



Lorica Segmentata (http://en.wikipedia....rica_segmentata) (lvl 25-lvl 30)

+35% Health

+10% Knock-back with melee weapons.

-10% Movement speed


"A Roman Legionnaires standard body armor, a leather vest fitted with hardened metallic strips and plates that had proven itself in countless bloody battles during their territorial expansion.



Shields (Upcoming active gear, or so I'm told.): (lvl 25-lvl 30)


Scutum Shield: (lvl 25-lvl 30)

Damage: 25-30 (Le push!)

Range: 1

Noise: 0

Knock-back: 25%

-30% Damage taken when set up.

-15% Move speed


"The standard shield of the Roman Army, it's sub-rectangular shape allowed a decent amount of protection for the user, though
movement speed with this was quite slow."


Knight's Shield: (lvl 30)

Damage: 30-40 (Cold ass steel and iron.)

Range: 1

Noise: 0

Knock-back: 30%

-40% Damage when set up.

-20% Move speed

"A large, heavy metallic shield used by Knights on horseback. It provided more than enough protection for a single human being, however effective it is at blocking, it's tremendous weight is a dreadful flaw."


Viking Shield (Ran out of ideas, euheuheuh ._.): (lvl 20-30)

Damage: 20-25 (Too bad it's just wood!)

Range: 1

Noise: 0

Knock0back: 45%

-25% Damage when set up.

-7.5% Move speed

"A Viking shield, nothing more than wood and steel rivitings. Although it won't block much, it's quite lightweight for a shield."


Edited by SleepWalker, 20 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

  • 7

#2
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts
-----Noise-----

Most of us pretty much know silenced guns are next to useless, well, I got an idea to make it a tad bit more common during missions.


--------The Noise-O'-Meter-------(Or whatever you wanna call it)

During missions, a little meter gauge is on the bottom right of your screen. The more noise you make, it goes up (Red), the less noise you make it goes down (Green). During the start of the mission the gauge is at medium (Yellow).


----Noise Affects Everything!----

Zombie spawn rate and the chance of a horde attack (Screen turning red) are all determined by the amount of noise.


----Maps---

Terrain matters for noise, if you're indoors, a single gunshot will alert all the infected indoors within a certain radius, causing them all to swarm at you. If you're out in the open, the infected will walk and shamble towards the shot, and will start running when they see your survivors.


---Survivor Stances---

This has been suggested before (I think so anyway...), survivors can take different stances that affect sound, accuracy, and speed.


Crouching/ Crouch walk: Creates 15% less noise, accuracy is increased by 5%. Harder to spot by infected, near impossible to spot when behind cars/etc.


Walk while Aiming: Enables the survivor to walk and fire simultaneously. Accuracy and range -5%, -2 round while bursting. +5% noise. Average chance of being spotted by infected


Run and Gun: Enables the selected survivor to jog at a steady pace and be able to fire while doing so. Accuracy and range -15%, +2 rounds while bursting, +10% reload speed. +10% noise, high chance of being spotted by infected.


----Achievements--- (Might aswell)


Quiet Now...: Kill 500 Infected while keeping the Noise-O'-Meter below or at Yellow +5,000 XP

Dead Silence: Kill 1,000 Infected while keeping the Noise-O'-Meter in the Green +25,000 XP

Noisy: Kill 500 Infected while keeping the Noise-O'-Meter in the Red

Suicidal: Kill 1,000 Infected while keeping the Noise-O'-Meter in the Red

Tactical Advance: Kill 500 Infected while Walking +5,000 XP

Military Tactitioner: Kill 1,000 Infected while Walking +2,500 XP

Silencers Off: Kill 500 Infected while Running +5,000 XP

Party Crasher: KIll 1,000 Infected while Running +25,000 XP

Edited by SleepWalker, 22 August 2013 - 01:59 AM.

  • 1

#3
tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts

The bar is too weak, it should have more damage, and faster rate of fire.


Edited by tangytoby, 21 August 2013 - 02:15 PM.

  • 4

#4
MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

I like this A LOT, but Con may have said antique weapons are a no go(he could change his mind)


  • 0

#5
Royalblood

Royalblood
  • 115 posts

I like this A LOT, but Con may have said antique weapons are a no go(he could change his mind)

Well, hey we have swords and war hammers.


  • 1

#6
Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I like this A LOT, but Con may have said antique weapons are a no go(he could change his mind)

How about Scavenging old medieval weapon parts "Sword's Blade" "Battle Axe Head" and using them to make thrown together weapons?

Axel Grinder
2x Axe Head, 4 Metal Pipes, Nails/Screws x 20, Belts x4

A polearm with long reach and high damage, but low attack speed, is two axe heads at the end of a long metal shaft.


  • 1

#7
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

How about Scavenging old medieval weapon parts "Sword's Blade" "Battle Axe Head" and using them to make thrown together weapons?

Axel Grinder
2x Axe Head, 4 Metal Pipes, Nails/Screws x 20, Belts x4

A polearm with long reach and high damage, but low attack speed, is two axe heads at the end of a long metal shaft.

I never thought of that, using bits of ancient scrap in crafting.  Genius :o 


  • 0

#8
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

I like this A LOT, but Con may have said antique weapons are a no go(he could change his mind)

He said that?  ._.  If I knew that in advance I wouldn't have wrote all that -.-


  • 0

#9
1500gnr

1500gnr
  • 60 posts

Sounds nice, but I thought this is suppose to not be NY but like it. But still, you're right about being museums there and maybe there was but they all got destroyed? 


  • 0

#10
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

If all of the gun stores and police stations in Union City are still standing, I see no reason why a museum isn't :P      But still, why wont you guys comment on the noise thingy 


  • 1

#11
Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Last Lafayette:

1 Scimitar Blade x1, 1 Metal Pipe, 20x Nails, 20x Screws, 10x Plastic, 4x Speakers, 2x Electronic Scrap, Other Explosive ingredients etc

Mine that is stuck into the ground via the sword blade. Speakers play a laughing sound ( http://youtu.be/BO-GM2I0t0Y?t=7s ) that attracts zombies starting 5 seconds after placement, lasting 15 seconds before detonation. One use, Stack 1/1

"I laugh in your general direction!"

Custer's Revenge: 

3x Scimitar Blade, 1x Sledge Hammer, 9x Screws

Sledge Hammer with 3 Scimitar blades curved down on the smashing end. Very Slow attack, Very high damage. Swung in an downward arc every time.

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"


  • 0

#12
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Ok yeah, nice ideas in all, but did none of you guys read my take on the noise? ._. 


  • 1

#13
Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Ok yeah, nice ideas in all, but did none of you guys read my take on the noise? ._. 

Compiling completely seperate ideas is bad, because it forces one topic to be ignored, or for one to simple take prescedance.


  • 0

#14
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Yeah I know that crap and all, I just want opinions ON the idea, not how I made two seperate topics ._. 


  • 0

#15
TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

i decided NOT to hear you out due to the extremely long post

 

but really, museums have been suggested...albeit together with pawn shops, i think. they are just hotpots for: bones(makeshift clubs?), rocks(makeshift weapons?), ancient weapons(...?) and their replicas(for use?), paintings("EAT MONA LISA, ZOMBIE!!!"?). but you say "what about weapon museums?" sure, im certain someone can make use of a musket in these times, or chose a crude bow over a M-16

 

and no one EVER said Union City is in or around New York, the only official (CAG?) writing coming close is on the wiki saying the the name Union City may have come from "New York City"


Edited by HunterAssassin5, 22 August 2013 - 07:11 AM.

  • 0

#16
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

i decided NOT to hear you out due to the extremely long post

 

but really, museums have been suggested...albeit together with pawn shops, i think. they are just hotpots for: bones(makeshift clubs?), rocks(makeshift weapons?), ancient weapons(...?) and their replicas(for use?), paintings("EAT MONA LISA, ZOMBIE!!!"?). but you say "what about weapon museums?" sure, im certain someone can make use of a musket in these times, or chose a crude bow over a M-16

 

and no one EVER said Union City is in or around New York, the only official (CAG?) writing coming close is on the wiki saying the the name Union City may have come from "New York City"

Yeah I know, freakishly long post.  (But hey I put up a warning sign :/)   And last time I checked the wiki it did say Union City has a strong resemblance to New York.  I didn't say it is, NYC.    

 

Also, if you didn't bother reading the post then please don't comment on it.  It seems like a waste of time to comment on something you didn't even read ._. 


  • 0

#17
Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

i decided NOT to hear you out due to the extremely long post

 

but really, museums have been suggested...albeit together with pawn shops, i think. they are just hotpots for: bones(makeshift clubs?), rocks(makeshift weapons?), ancient weapons(...?) and their replicas(for use?), paintings("EAT MONA LISA, ZOMBIE!!!"?). but you say "what about weapon museums?" sure, im certain someone can make use of a musket in these times, or chose a crude bow over a M-16

1. Do not read, then do not post.

2. You forget, Improvised weapons can easily integrate this stuff for high level crafting (30+)


  • 0

#18
SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

HIgh lvl crafting with these kind of stuff, genius XD 


  • 0

#19
gamer773

gamer773
  • 49 posts

1 thing, MUSEUM WEAPONS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE USED, what if they're too old and blow up in your survivor's face? Like the MG42, they'd probably blow up.


  • 0

#20
Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

1 thing, MUSEUM WEAPONS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE USED, what if they're too old and blow up in your survivor's face? Like the MG42, they'd probably blow up

*Can't tell if random example, or a swing at German weaponry.*


  • 1



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Locations, Gameplay, Noise