Photo

Museums And Noise Re-vamp

Locations Gameplay Noise

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

1 thing, MUSEUM WEAPONS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE USED, what if they're too old and blow up in your survivor's face? Like the MG42, they'd probably blow up.

Dude, they're in museums.  Meaning:  The quality of the weapons are well preserved >.>   Ever been to a museum before?

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

Dude, they're in museums.  Meaning:  The quality of the weapons are well preserved >.>   Ever been to a museum before?

NEWS FLASH: Just because something is in a museum doesn't mean it's in mint condition (Because a 4000 year old Greek sword made of bronze is going to hold up perfectly, right?) .

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts
They're kept well enough to be used for killing, and if that doesn't float your boat maybe you can tell a survivor to clean it up or something via the crafting menu >.>

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

NEWS FLASH: Just because something is in a museum doesn't mean it's in mint condition (Because a 4000 year old Greek sword made of bronze is going to hold up perfectly, right?) .

We are drinking water that is over a year old in the game. I think you can suspend your belief a little buddy. *Points to the replicas and using museum weapons to make improvised weapons at higher levels*

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

We are drinking water that is over a year old in the game. I think you can suspend your belief a little buddy. *Points to the replicas and using museum weapons to make improvised weapons at higher levels*

Seriously, that's a great idea.  Scrapping replica's for parts and making them into weps, a new era of OP crafted weapons! 

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

Just because water isn't "fresh" doesn't mean it will kill you.

And what happened to the water collector and the vegetable garden?

Edited by Bruce Lee, 26 August 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Just because water isn't "fresh" doesn't mean it will kill you.

And what happened to the water collector and the vegetable garden?

Explain the canned food I find that never rusts or goes bad.

Magic?

Seriously, that's a great idea.  Scrapping replica's for parts and making them into weps, a new era of OP crafted weapons! 

Yes, yes it is. /endmodesty

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

Explain the canned food I find that never rusts or goes bad.

Magic?

It's not like this is Fallout. The first infected happened barely a year before the game starts. Importation of goods probably lasted until the 40th day (just my estimate) .

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

It's not like this is Fallout. The first infected happened barely a year before the game starts. Importation of goods probably lasted until the 40th day (just my estimate) .

The game lacks a good amount of logic, but using weapons that were in museums is still logical enough to get by >.> 

Edited by SleepWalker, 27 August 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

The game lacks a good amount of logic, but using weapons that were in museums is still logical enough to get by >.> 

I would say it's not. Just a question, how many (large) museums have you been to in your life, sir/madam? Because I've been to some good sized museums, and the only thing I would trust inside those museums to protect me is the shields.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I would say it's not. Just a question, how many (large) museums have you been to in your life, sir/madam? Because I've been to some good sized museums, and the only thing I would trust inside those museums to protect me is the shields.

And again, Like Kronosian, you ignore logical counter arguments and concentrate on just 1 aspect.

*Points to the replicas and using museum weapons to make improvised weapons at higher levels*

Edited by Rose Mantis, 27 August 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

And again, Like Kronosian, you ignore logical counter arguments and concentrate on just 1 aspect.

*Points to the replicas and using museum weapons to make improvised weapons at higher levels*

I wasn't even talking about that. If you want my opinion on the subject, then ask about it, not berate me for not "listening" to another subject. I personally don't see a problem with that. But I do see a problem with using ancient blades in the first place.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I wasn't even talking about that. If you want my opinion on the subject, then ask about it, not berate me for not "listening" to another subject. I personally don't see a problem with that. But I do see a problem with using ancient blades in the first place.

The topic evolves as the conversations go, it sucks, but you have to read more then the OP, because a thread is a group discussion. I saidly have to read every bloated post in the shoving thread for example.... it hurts me...

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

The topic evolves as the conversations go, it sucks, but you have to read more then the OP, because a thread is a group discussion. I saidly have to read every bloated post in the shoving thread for example.... it hurts me...

Well, I guess that's on me because I didn't read your mind and then know exactly what everybody wanted to hear. My bad.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

.....You guys can really escalate crap >.> 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

.....You guys can really escalate crap >.> 

WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME!? Don't make me take mah shoes off!

Note: Back on topic bishes!

Edited by Rose Mantis, 29 August 2013 - 06:06 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Well, you guys debated the shit outta the museum part.  Now go tackle the noise one :P 

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

I could care less about the noise portion (didn't Con say somewhere that it works like that anyways?) .

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Well, you guys debated the shit outta the museum part.  Now go tackle the noise one :P

Honestly, no one argued against the museum, were are locked on it. Though what you SHOULD do is modify your original post to contain the idea that instead of USEABLE museum weapons, you get parts for some new improvised weapons (Which currently get little love)

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Mmmk then.  

I could care less about the noise portion (didn't Con say somewhere that it works like that anyways?) .

He did?  Where and when?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Locations, Gameplay, Noise