Museums And Noise Re-vamp

Locations Gameplay Noise

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee
  • 1,528 posts

He did?  Where and when?

Somewhere in one of the announcement threads, I don't recall which one.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Somewhere in one of the announcement threads, I don't recall which one.

Ugh, gotta dig that up now -.- 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Again, will say this AGAIN.

Use Museum weapons not as weapons, but for potential parts salvage (Salvaging an old Bren might not give you the firing mechanism, sometimes the stock might be too damaged, etc), that can lead to high level improvised weapons, like:

The LuftTappin: A WW1 Era pith Helmet mounted on the front of a sledge hammer. Does less damage, but with a high knockback chance
Axis of Pain: 3 Bayonets mounted in a triangle formation to the end of of Type 38 rifle barrel (Gun is non-working)
Z Day: A Proximity Grenade with a low range, but stuffed with plenty of nails for massive damage. Made from a heavily modified German Model 24 Grenade.
Kill-igula: Two Roman Gladius Blades at the end of a old Roman Standard pole.
Et Tu Brutality: Two Ehyptian Khopesh Blades mounted outward on either side of a Roman Helmet connected to a Sledge Hammer or Fireaxe Shaft.
Laurence of The Dead: A rare level outfit piece can drop (Not an outfit, just a piece), finding all 5 will allow you to craft Laurence of The Dead, a White head dress, and matching light blue and white robe. (Reference ro Laurence of Arabia)

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Again, will say this AGAIN.

Use Museum weapons not as weapons, but for potential parts salvage (Salvaging an old Bren might not give you the firing mechanism, sometimes the stock might be too damaged, etc), that can lead to high level improvised weapons, like:

The LuftTappin: A WW1 Era pith Helmet mounted on the front of a sledge hammer. Does less damage, but with a high knockback chance
Axis of Pain: 3 Bayonets mounted in a triangle formation to the end of of Type 38 rifle barrel (Gun is non-working)
Z Day: A Proximity Grenade with a low range, but stuffed with plenty of nails for massive damage. Made from a heavily modified German Model 24 Grenade.
Kill-igula: Two Roman Gladius Blades at the end of a old Roman Standard pole.
Et Tu Brutality: Two Ehyptian Khopesh Blades mounted outward on either side of a Roman Helmet connected to a Sledge Hammer or Fireaxe Shaft.
Laurence of The Dead: A rare level outfit piece can drop (Not an outfit, just a piece), finding all 5 will allow you to craft Laurence of The Dead, a White head dress, and matching light blue and white robe. (Reference ro Laurence of Arabia)

I just posted a few parts, not the names and ideas of the craftable weapons :/ 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I just posted a few parts, not the names and ideas of the craftable weapons :/ 

Mostly for the people still on using the weapons AS IS.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Mostly for the people still on using the weapons AS IS.

Thinking of craftable weapons made from scrapped museum pieces? @_@  How about I leave that to you and your more than capable brain.  

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

I like this A LOT, but Con may have said antique weapons are a no go(he could change his mind)

Why would'nt Con Want antique weapons in the game? your telling me that We can have Medievial battle axes, sythes, katanna's, and even an old sportshot carbine from WW2 all in the in-game store. But Con doesnt want us to have somthing like a Thompson submachine gun? That doesnt make any sense.

Edited by Cameron_R_Craig, 02 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Why wouldnt Con Want antique weapons in the game? your telling me that We can have Medevial battle axes, sythes, katanna's, and even an old sportshot carbine from WW2 all in the in-game store. But Con doesnt want us to have somthing like a Thompson submachine gun? That doesnt make any sense.

Can't argue with that logic .-. 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Why wouldnt Con Want antique weapons in the game? your telling me that We can have Medevial battle axes, sythes, katanna's, and even an old sportshot carbine from WW2 all in the in-game store. But Con doesnt want us to have somthing like a Thompson submachine gun? That doesnt make any sense.

I think more in the sense he doesn't want us running around in medieval armor and swords.

Though honestly, Vikining helmets and knight helmets should be clothing. And as I said, instead of swords ad axes as is, make them craftable.

Maybe Kanoe Paddle + 2 Old Battle Axe heads, + other parts = Dark Maul

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

I think more in the sense he doesn't want us running around in medieval armor and swords.

Why the hell not???? 

Though honestly, Vikining helmets and knight helmets should be clothing. And as I said, instead of swords ad axes as is, make them craftable.

Maybe Kanoe Paddle + 2 Old Battle Axe heads, + other parts = Dark Maul

Well if con doesnt want the first part what makes you think the second one's gonna happen? 

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Although this is for antique weapons as a whole;

http://spring.me/Con...551003583568000

Seems pretty conclusive to me

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Why the hell not???? 

Well if con doesnt want the first part what makes you think the second one's gonna happen? 

Because improvised weapons made out of old weapon parts is not antique, and ifts the set up for improvised weapons.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Because improvised weapons made out of old weapon parts is not antique, and ifts the set up for improvised weapons.

So antique weapons aren't going to happen, but parts of them can drop?  Doesn't quite make sense to me.  

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

So antique weapons aren't going to happen, but parts of them can drop?  Doesn't quite make sense to me.  

Although this is for antique weapons as a whole;

http://spring.me/Con...551003583568000

Seems pretty conclusive to me

Hey, Con said the P90 wouldn't happen due to the reload anim being buggy, but the gun's still made it's way in game didn't it?  It could still happen :/  

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Hence the museum area giving reason for these parts to be found. Using a Shotgun made made out of Organ Pipes isn't you swinging around an Organ.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

Using a Shotgun made made out of Organ Pipes isn't you swinging around an Organ.

You'd have to be the Hulk or something to pull that off. 

Museums... they sound cool, but most of the explosives, ammo, and weapons are rendered inoperational by the staff, to prevent accidents. Some of the gear might be useable, but unless you are taking building materials from incomplete renovations, than I doubt museums would be worth the Dev's time. 

Edited by LPGD, 08 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

You'd have to be the Hulk or something to pull that off. 

Museums... they sound cool, but most of the explosives, ammo, and weapons are rendered inoperational by the staff, to prevent accidents. Some of the gear might be useable, but unless you are taking building materials from incomplete renovations, than I doubt museums would be worth the Dev's time. 

Don't tell me the guns there are just for show ._.   But with ammo being universal in game, and adding to the fact we can find all sorts of crazy shit on loot spots, it can't be too irattional to find a few slugs here and there.  I found a M240 in a supermarket in the dairy section, explain to me how that got there.   

But if guns and ammo don't fit logically in a deserted museum in a bombed out city, then yeah I guess having some nice shiny armor is good too.  

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

But if guns and ammo don't fit logically in a deserted museum in a bombed out city, then yeah I guess having some nice shiny armor is good too.  

Armor wouldn't work against conventional modern firearms.

As I said before, Finding parts there would be nice. Finding old parts to weapons to make neat weapons for Engieneers would be cool. The museum would really just be a reskinned Super market since paintings would be destroyed or stolen early on, and a couple of new models that would work as low cover (Old stands with no glass) and that's really it.             

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

The museum would really just be a reskinned Super market since paintings would be destroyed or stolen early on, and a couple of new models that would work as low cover (Old stands with no glass) and that's really it.             

Taking the fact that it's looted, that's why I added a 25% chance of finding anything at all per run.  But now that you bring up paintings, maybe they could be used for future tasks of getting Ivan a bunch of crap. 

Armor wouldn't work against conventional modern firearms.  

We could, like you said, take the breastplates and shields as "components" that we could use to craft useable ones.   Maybe the guns too, we could bring them back and tweak them a bit.  :/ 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

We could, like you said, take the breastplates and shields as "components" that we could use to craft useable ones.   Maybe the guns too, we could bring them back and tweak them a bit.  :/ 

Now you be is talking my Language *Nods*

Like "Turtle's Shell" could be an old trash can lid looking chunk of metal on the back of a Engineer vest.

Gives the usual Engineer vest stats + -25% Melee Damage from behind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Locations, Gameplay, Noise