Museums And Noise Re-vamp

Locations Gameplay Noise

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

The Mechanic

The Mechanic
  • 200 posts

What about these guns:

The Winchester 1886 is a lever action rifle with a 9 round capacity available in a number of calibers most commonly .45-70 but also .45-90 WCF, .40-82 WCF and .50-110 Winchester, It could one of the long rifles and here is a picture: http://upload.wikime...l1886cutout.png

Also a Winchester 1887 as a shotgun available in the museum. It is a lever action shotgun chambered for 12 or 10 gauge with a capacity of 5 shells here is a picture of an 1887: http://upload.wikime...5e/M1887_LH.JPG

P.S I still can't use images so links will have to do.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

....I'm pretty sure adding sound into raiding wont be as painfully OP as shoving a sword up your ass.  

Just seen you had minused that post you responded too.

Having zombies attack in raids would be an AI nightmare, first off priority targeting would need to be added, then you have adding a whole new group of AI, meaning basically a barely used faction that will only be used in raids, which requires more AI toying...

THEN there is balancing. If the priority gets added, zombies will be useless. If AI is untouched, Raiding will be piss easy, shoot at shit in cover of smoke until horde appears after you make your way inside, profit as the incoming horde distracts the towers which will shoot the first enemy in their range, ignoring the raiders shooting at them until their current target is dead, which allows you to run right up into immunity range.

So again, IN THEORY the idea sounds sound, in practice it will be a nightmare.

Edited by Rose Mantis, 31 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Double posted. 

Edited by SleepWalker, 31 October 2013 - 09:59 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Just seen you had minused that post you responded too.

Having zombies attack in raids would be an AI nightmare, first off priority targeting would need to be added, then you have adding a whole new group of AI, meaning basically a barely used faction that will only be used in raids, which requires more AI toying...

THEN there is balancing. If the priority gets added, zombies will be useless. If AI is untouched, Raiding will be piss easy, shoot at shit in cover of smoke until horde appears after you make your way inside, profit as the incoming horde distracts the towers which will shoot the first enemy in their range, ignoring the raiders shooting at them until their current target is dead, which allows you to run right up into immunity range.

So again, IN THEORY the idea sounds sound, in practice it will be a nightmare.

Uh.........Wrong thread dude ._. 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

And what's the matter with adding noise to PvP?  It might make thing's more interesting other than poping smoke and using 24's every time.   I've thought about having a Ghillie suit implemented before, but I didn't give much thought on it.  Maybe if Con tweaks the noise on PvP, a few more doors might open up. 

Uh.........Wrong thread dude ._. 

Your inability to scroll back in a thread, it burns us.

Note: Whoever gave you a +1 is just as special.

Edited by Rose Mantis, 31 October 2013 - 11:21 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Having zombies attack in raids would be an AI nightmare

.....Annnnnnd that has to do with my museum idea thread in what way exactly????

Your inability to scroll back in a thread, it burns us.

Note: Whoever gave you a +1 is just as special.

.....Which thread we talkin' about again? 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

.....Annnnnnd that has to do with my museum idea thread in what way exactly????

.....Which thread we talkin' about again? 

The derp is strong in this one.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

The derp is strong in this one.

Lemme just stop you riiiiight there for just a sec...

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make.....Horde attacks don't need a lot of AI since that you have to be online to even be attacked by them......

So from what I vaguely grasped from that, is that zombies will be able to raid with or against you during PvP raids????????? Again, dude, what does that have to do with the noise idea that, honestly, I don't think anyone really reads. And the Ghillie suit idea was just a random thought, and honestly I didn't seem like you made a very clear point on that.

Edited by SleepWalker, 31 October 2013 - 01:25 PM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

So from what I vaguely grasped from that, is zombies will be able to raid with or against you during PvP raids?????????    Again, dude, what does that have to do with the noise idea that, honestly, I don't think anyone really reads.  

SleepWalker, on 14 Oct 2013 - 06:58, said:snapback.png

And what's the matter with adding noise to PvP?  It might make thing's more interesting other than poping smoke and using 24's every time.   I've thought about having a Ghillie suit implemented before, but I didn't give much thought on it.  Maybe if Con tweaks the noise on PvP, a few more doors might open up. 

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

You forgot to enlarge the "I didn't give much thought on it" part, along with "Maybe" in the following sentence.  Which pretty much points out you hate disbalancing the game in any way possible, even the slightest crack.  Fine, I respect that. 

But you still didn't answer my question, why the hell are zombies in PvP raids?  I've read your post almost a dozen times, that's the only meaning I can pick out from it.... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Locations, Gameplay, Noise