Photo

What To Do

Books

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Evil Epic

Evil Epic
  • 24 posts

I got 2 books that i currently have no use for.1 is Specialize in General and Ready.Aim.Zombies.I have no use for  for either tell me if im going to need them or whats the value at trading.P.S they're both scavenged Edit:Got New book Specilize in Resources also scavenged

Edited by Evil Epic, 23 August 2013 - 12:04 AM.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

I got 2 books that i currently have no use for.1 is Specialize in General and Ready.Aim.Zombies.I have no use for  for either tell me if im going to need them or whats the value at trading.P.S they're both scavenged

The Specialize in General book you should hang onto as it allows you to equip two of that color book (but not the exact same title) it will come in quit handy but has little or no trade value imo. The Ready.Aim.Zombies book is pretty useless as I have seen no one who uses these. I've seen several who have tried but failed as it is extremely hard and generally a death sentence, again..little to no trade value.

Evil Epic

Evil Epic
  • 24 posts

The Specialize in General book you should hang onto as it allows you to equip two of that color book (but not the exact same title) it will come in quit handy but has little or no trade value imo. The Ready.Aim.Zombies book is pretty useless as I have seen no one who uses these. I've seen several who have tried but failed as it is extremely hard and generally a death sentence, again..little to no trade value.

how about the specilize in resources?and dang 

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

Any of the specialize in books are about the same. They allow you equip two books of the same color. The only books with any real trade value are Looter books, Oh Shiny books that are 4% perm or higher % temp and furious search books. Some people also like the Agriculture books that are +50% food and water and you might be interested to know that the Whistlers Grove books not only lower the cost of of repairing damaged security buildings but also refilling the fuel generator so they are worth holding onto but I have not seen them to be of much value in trade. Also of value are Peak Oil books that are 19% which is the max (25% is discontinue but still around).

I hope this helps you, some others may have some different input that might be helpful as well. It might also be helpful to watch a bit in the chat channel and see what is being offered and asked for. Just beware when trading that there are the few who will try to scam you out of a good item. So it is always advisable to ask around of its value before getting in a hurry to trade.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

PS. Of course there are always exceptions to any rule. You may find someone desperate for a book that most would consider worthless because they have found dozens of them. Just as I would now consider nails or batteries of no value but a lower level would pay highly for them.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

. Just as I would now consider nails or batteries of no value but a lower level would pay highly for them.

If I sold a low level a bunch of worthless (to me, anyway) components, would that make me a businessman or a con artist? I could probably get a nice business going that way.

NOTE: con artist and Con Artist are not the same thing, don't get them confused.

Edited by LPGD, 23 August 2013 - 12:40 AM.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

If I sold a low level a bunch of worthless (to me, anyway) components, would that make me a businessman or a con artist? I could probably get a nice business going that way.

NOTE: con artist and Con Artist are not the same thing, don't get them confused.

IMO, it depends on what you traded them for and if you were honest with the person you traded with. If you traded them for a rare and told the person you were trading with that the rare was worth less in trading value than a blue and purple weapon, then yes..you would be a con artist. If you traded and were honest with the person about the value of the item they traded you whether it be a rare item, a book or a diff resource you were in need of then I would say no. Personally I choose to give resources or more often than not encourage players to find them since I think it is a waste of their fuel (and mine) because they will use the resources quickly and be in need of them again so soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Books