Photo

Cosmetic Building Upgrades

building upgrades pretty cosmetic money

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

01100100 01100101 01101100

• 122 posts

So aren't you tired of everyone's compound looking the same, maybe not the same but you know what I mean.

Altrough in a zombie apocalypse most bases, defensive buildings and barricades would be improvised I think after some time they would put something better in place.

The upgrades could be completely cosmetic or they could provie small bonuses in health and productivity in the case of drop zones, but no more than 10%.

I would like to buy the upgrades from the shop for the price of fuel or real money.

I think all cosmetic upgrades should cost between 3 and 15$ for all their respective categoryes or the converted ammount in fuel. Or just a big ammount like 15,20 or even 30$ for all the compound including buildings from events.

Hmm, maybe upgrades could be categorized in themes like military, police, HERC and possible more.

This ideea would just give your buildings a more solid look and make your compound look cooler, like in all MMO's cosmetic upgrades are meant to be just pretty. (in most cases)

Random conversation between 2 players (invented by me)

Player 1:Hey dude I just finished upgrading all my buildings i have the latest tech in wood and sandbags. And it still looks kinda disapointing.

Player 2:Meh I just bought the militray theme from the shop and it looks amaizing and they arent even upgraded.

Player 1:Yeah it looks cool. (leaves chat in frustration to how cool player 2's compound looks compared to his)

Player 2: Well time to kill some zombies.

Post your replies below on what you think of this ideea or what you could add to improve it and I might put it here.

I dont quite expect this to be in the next few patches but when the game gets out of beta maybe so consider this as an insight on the future.

Edited by Silas Woodruff, 07 September 2013 - 03:16 PM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

If cosmetic only, then sure, I don't see why not; but with such a small dev team, I doubt it would be worth it for them, at least for now.

"You don't go into any place and just start eating people." -bobbflocka  (Cannibalism Etiquette 101)

Edited by BrianBore, 07 September 2013 - 03:57 PM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

Ehhhh, changing cosmetics would be cool, but then Con might make it where you have to use fuel on it, i agree with brian on this

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

If cosmetic only, then sure, I don't see why not; but with such a small dev team, I doubt it would be worth it for them, at least for now.

Real money for a day of modeling.... yeah, no value there.

Srsly, would pay for a zombie strung up Mad Max style on a Bondage Cross, Zombie heads on Stakes, and refined material buildings (Instead of aluminum siding and such for watch towers, give them a good polish job and single piece siding)
3 bucks for the zombies, 7 for building upgrades? Would pay that in no time!

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Spoiler

Fairly sure it would take more than a day to do a variety of designs for a variety of objects. Several days seems more likely. Then there is the fact that a large portion of the player base (myself included) are stingy with their cash.

I would like some optional designs, and it may get done, but it is likely more work than many realize, with only a small % of people who will actually pay for it initially. It would be a great addition though, so here's hoping it happens.

"You don't go into any place and just start eating people." -bobbflocka  (Cannibalism Etiquette 101)

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Fairly sure it would take more than a day to do a variety of designs for a variety of objects. Several days seems more likely. Then there is the fact that a large portion of the player base (myself included) are stingy with their cash.

I would like some optional designs, and it may get done, but it is likely more work than many realize, with only a small % of people who will actually pay for it initially. It would be a great addition though, so here's hoping it happens.

Stingy yes, but then there are people like me with cash to burn, who don't mind plopping down 20-40 a week in games. And the more you encourage me to shell out, the better off your business is.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

cosmetics, yeah, yeah

i mean like, "hey, how is it that people that have better things to do than find paint, glue, scissors etc. NEVER, EVER think about using millitary camo to make sandbags? or hang skulls from their barricades? hey thats just WRONG!" either that or "what the hell? how come there aint no pretty stuff in my game? how the hell did i ever overlook that urgent requirement even though i obviously have more important things to do with it like making it better, adding new features, ironing out bugs and god knows what else instead of putting in military camo sandbags and hanging skulls and shit"

Edited by HunterAssassin5, 09 September 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

cosmetics, yeah, yeah

i mean like, "hey, how is it that people that have better things to do than find paint, glue, scissors etc. NEVER, EVER think about using millitary camo to make sandbags? or hang skulls from their barricades? hey thats just WRONG!" either that or "what the hell? how come there aint no pretty stuff in my game? how the hell did i ever overlook that urgent requirement even though i obviously have more important things to do with it like making it better, adding new features, ironing out bugs and god knows what else instead of putting in military camo sandbags and hanging skulls and shit"

YEAH! Fuck money!

Because as we know, all suggested ideas are marked urgent and are demanded right this moment :D

Edited by Rose Mantis, 09 September 2013 - 08:47 AM.

• 122 posts

Glad you guys like the ideea, keep the replies comming.

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

Hey hey hey hey! Good one, and I have something: what about community- created edits(like texture packs in Minecraft), that are created by fans but are "approved" by the DEV team/ Like you create it, send it to them, and if they like it, they make it available for the community. It may vary from free only-compound limited textures, or expensive ones for the whole map. And it can be something like if it costs, the devs keep 25 from the profit and the creator 75%. In this way, both have profits. What do you say?

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Hey hey hey hey! Good one, and I have something: what about community- created edits(like texture packs in Minecraft), that are created by fans but are "approved" by the DEV team/ Like you create it, send it to them, and if they like it, they make it available for the community. It may vary from free only-compound limited textures, or expensive ones for the whole map. And it can be something like if it costs, the devs keep 25 from the profit and the creator 75%. In this way, both have profits. What do you say?

Prize is you get your name in said Item's credits and a mention in the game credits, or on a "Architects Honors" thread and a copy of what you made in game IF IT is approved?  Make the players do the work of adding vanity skins for buildings, maybe even outfits?

Fuck, all around make a "Submission Corner" for user submitted content, where Devs can look through, maybe put items through a community vote...

Would work well.

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

Prize is you get your name in said Item's credits and a mention in the game credits, or on a "Architects Honors" thread and a copy of what you made in game IF IT is approved?  Make the players do the work of adding vanity skins for buildings, maybe even outfits?

Fuck, all around make a "Submission Corner" for user submitted content, where Devs can look through, maybe put items through a community vote...

Would work well.

I wish you were not sarcastic, and if you were not, you got it perfectly.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I wish you were not sarcastic, and if you were not, you got it perfectly.

I am not at all. Many games use this system, heck, one game I know of that is like if Gaia ONline grew a pair, half its content is user submitted, with them getting free copies of what they put out. It takes a massive load off smaller Dev teams.

MihailAndrei

MihailAndrei
  • 408 posts

I am not at all. Many games use this system, heck, one game I know of that is like if Gaia ONline grew a pair, half its content is user submitted, with them getting free copies of what they put out. It takes a massive load off smaller Dev teams.

Thanks for the feedback! It sounded like you were sarcastic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: building, upgrades, pretty, cosmetic, money