Photo

Block List: Limit Reached?

block list limit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Recently I noticed I couldn't block any more people in chat. It says "Block limit reached" when trying to. This is curious because I unblocked one person before, so at least one spot should be open. And I'm not the only one experiencing the problem. It never occured before the recent update. Since there is so much stupidity flying around in chat blocking is an elementary function. :)

Orlean

Orlean
  • 195 posts

Block list used to be on browser side saved localy, there was no limit .. Now it seems con moved it to server side or just put hard cap on it.

Pudding

Pudding
  • 49 posts

My block list keeps resetting itself. You know how annoying that is?

Orlean

Orlean
  • 195 posts

My block list keeps resetting itself. You know how annoying that is?

You have some program that cleans cookies and temporary files in browser, or you set it in browser itself.

Still if they are browser side I don`t get why con introduced limit.

Pog Mo Thoin

Pog Mo Thoin
  • 196 posts

I had noticed too, that even when manually removing people from blocklist, that the next time I logged in they were back on it.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Block and contact lists are now stored server side. So they're tied to your account and not the computer you're on. 

The limits for both are 100. 

For those who have been having their lists reset, has it happened in the last few days?

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Block and contact lists are now stored server side. So they're tied to your account and not the computer you're on. 

The limits for both are 100. 

For those who have been having their lists reset, has it happened in the last few days?

For some reason whenever I clear my cookies the block and contact list are erased in chat. Although this was about a month ago? I'm not sure.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Ah great... I had something around 260 people on my block list. So I really have to unblock 160 and more of them blindly? *sigh*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: block, list, limit