Photo

Crafting Rares/uniques

rares uniques crafting

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

chankim

chankim
  • 326 posts

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but think I'd like to see it in the game, so here goes.

When you scavenge blue or purple items, they have a small chance of turning into rares and uniques.

Likewise, I think there should be a small chance of your blue/purple crafts to turn rare/unique.

And I'm talking about small chances here. Really small. So hopefully this will not flood the market with rares and uniques.

I know some of you are going to bring up PayToWIn players who will pour endless amounts of fuel to get the rare/unique they want.

But they're already doing that with the DMU and looter 15%s. And if Con can control the number of rares they scavenge, I'm sure he can control the number of rares they craft. And maybe he can limit the number of rares people can craft per month like he does the number of rares they can scavenge. (He does that, right?)

01100100 01100101 01101100

01100100 01100101 01101100
  • 122 posts

Haha, crafting bonus on a crafted unique definitely no, also Con doese not limit the number of rares you can get...

So about your ideea here : It will benefit only the players who pay to get fuel, it will do nothing good to low or mid players maybe not even high lvl players who save fuel.

It is bad for the unique market as paying players get more uniques since more fuel.

It will decrease the value of hard to get uniques Ex: M24, Wakizashi to name a few.

And even if you dont get crafting bonus on a unique it would still be very powerfull.

I will not give you a -1, I will just tell you to think more before you post your next idea.

PS: DMU players do not get to much of a benefit from looter runs, they just run like 5 extra missions with the timer. The real way to increase your chances with looter runs is with fuel as it will make return time instant.

Another side note : Looters only increase chances of getting quality items (Greens, Blues and Purples) not uniques, to get a unique or rare the quality item will have a separate roll.

Pog Mo Thoin

Pog Mo Thoin
  • 196 posts

Interesting Idea, I wonder how much you could get for a max craft 72% range 72% aps uni m-24 :P

but alas it'll never happen.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,226 posts

Toss in a "Crafting on the Cheap" book to boost the chance of extra stats, and you might end up with an uber- rare or uber- unique or something. This will only benefit the Wallet Warriors.

Edited by LPGD, 24 September 2013 - 06:19 PM.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

yeah bad idea, good concept, but you got to keep in mind that this would benefit only raiders and wallet warriors, as they can and would craft many uniques a week. (most rares suck compared to a good blue)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Toss in a "Crafting on the Cheap" book to boost the chance of extra stats, and you might end up with an uber- rare or uber- unique or something. This will only benefit the Wallet Warriors.

This.

If there was a chance of a item turning unique, no matter how rare it was, it overwhelmingly would be in the hands of players that could spend lots of money.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

This.

If there was a chance of a item turning unique, no matter how rare it was, it overwhelmingly would be in the hands of players that could spend lots of money.

C'mon, I want my +500 M24 D:<

Orlean

Orlean
  • 195 posts

Good +25%/20% craft bonused item quite often rivals unis and beats rares.

Blue fals, blue m24s, new purp armors...

A uni with potential +25% ON TOP of uni bonuses.. would be insane. No just NO.

chankim

chankim
  • 326 posts

Hmm....should have seen this coming...what about we count turning rare/unique as a crafting bonus? That way we'll only get stats like a normal rare/unique.

Edited by chankim, 25 September 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Like others said, this will benefit "Wallet Warriors"/people with a lot of fuel. You could just spend an entire hour for waiting something to turn into a unique/rare. This could also defeat of having a rare or unique because you can craft it.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Like others said, this will benefit "Wallet Warriors"/people with a lot of fuel. You could just spend an entire hour for waiting something to turn into a unique/rare. This could also defeat of having a rare or unique because you can craft it.

I am unique. And for 4.99, you can be unique, just like me!

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

+1

In the last 2 or 3 pages of the ideas section, you replied "+1" with no reason why you liked that. You also necroed some ideas that's bad, flawed or doesn't fit in the game.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

In the last 2 or 3 pages of the ideas section, you replied "+1" with no reason why you liked that. You also necroed some ideas that's bad, flawed or doesn't fit in the game.

Already reported the user

My take on this idea?

Rare and Unique weapons should NEVER be crafted. They can already be found, in game for free. What more do people want?

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Already reported right after he wrote '+1' in my thread, which he never +1'd, I do notice he didn't upvote every topic he spams as well.

chankim

chankim
  • 326 posts

+1

Technically, that would count as spamming.

General Forum Rules:

Do:

• Keep all topics related to The Last Stand: Dead Zone
  • Respect your fellow forum members

Do not:

• Flame or insult other members.
  • Bypass the swear filter or other filters.
  • Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems
  • Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
  • Bump threads
  • Derail a thread's topic
  • Post spam (i.e. +1, meme images) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content.
  • Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: trade requests belong in trading forum).
  • Openly argue with a moderator. Contact the Moderator or Administrator via a private message.
  • Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use by one person.
  • Create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts.
  • Publicly post or otherwise share PMs

Edited by chankim, 25 September 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Orlean

Orlean
  • 195 posts

Hmm....should have seen this coming...what about we count turning rare/unique as a crafting bonus? That way we'll only get stats like a normal rare/unique.

Lets say I fancy in geting new +25% range bonused blue FAL, I would sit and craft 60 of them to get one +25% one (made 3 so far and with CoTC + 9% gunsmiths ~60 is about to get one) and I would get ADDED chance of geting 2/3 uni fal out of those crafts ?
Kinda to generous and game breaking, just think about spam craft of blue M24 to get uni one.. Even if they would have stats of "normal" uni/rare then still it would be to easy to get them that way.

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

well this is a idea for the people that spend money. For us free-to players, its a slap in the face, "oh look the lvl 50 guy that gets to scavange like 12 uniques a day gets to craft them TOO!" . Im level 50 and ive only ever scavanged 1 unique, not good for that matter.  While crafting would be great, id rather live uniquless then in a deadzone where uniques are as common as the undead

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

MAYBE allow us to craft Rares/Barely Uniques.

Crafting a Barely Unique gives it a (pop culture reference) pre-determined prefix. So you can get Tootsie Roll's Chainsaw, or Bitter Tooth's Mini Chainsaw. Drawback?   EXTREMELY expensive (10-20k + resources just for low levels, you can start the project, but cannot craft more gear unto you finish or cancel. If you cance you get only   50% of the used resources back. After you finish, you start crafting which can take 1 hour to 3-7 days to finish.) they are weaker then found uniques, maybe equal to rares more-so, AND, the coup de grace, they cannot be traded.

dangdung

dangdung
  • 8 posts

I also have idea on rare/unique crafting but the base item must be rare/unique too and the prefixes+bonus are random, so the crafted item can be better or worse than the base one. U guys can see many junk rares/uniques over the market so i think this should be a way to make them useful than collective stuffs.

Pog Mo Thoin

Pog Mo Thoin
  • 196 posts

I also have idea on rare/unique crafting but the base item must be rare/unique too and the prefixes+bonus are random, so the crafted item can be better or worse than the base one. U guys can see many junk rares/uniques over the market so i think this should be a way to make them useful than collective stuffs.

You mean like taking 2 rare guns of a similar/or exact model type that are recycle worthy, ripping em apart and having the possibility of making something better?

I'd like that, I always feel guilty about recycling Rare/Uni's

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rares, uniques, crafting