Photo

Hat Bonanza

hats hat clothing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Guys, I don't know if you noticed but apparently you can find hats in this game.

hatsspawn.jpg

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

lol I want to find a UCPD hat so badly. how often do u automate?

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

I usually automate parks and large subways while running manual missions. But i noticed that when I automate i get no hats, so I would stick to running them manually.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Well, believe it or not, I have an update.

I found some UCPD hats I traded for other hats, and now my hat collection is complete!

hatsspawn2therevenge.jpg

aartamen

aartamen
  • 100 posts

Very interesting, since I found no hats.

Edward Nightfall

Edward Nightfall
  • 106 posts

Nicol,it's totally random or have some chance of the recon breather appear in a certain area?
Btw,the scavenger wrap you buy or find?

Edited by Edward Nightfall, 19 April 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

I confirm...you guys remember that update that came on right AFTER the hat update?...

...Lol, I thought so...

Well I remember it was clearly stated in it that hats are lootable now, although apparently even harder to find than uniques.

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 19 April 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Seres69

Seres69
  • 235 posts

Seeing this... only reminds me of my trashy loot I keep finding...

Professor Oak

Professor Oak
  • 121 posts

Uh, guys you do realize that this is a bug that has to be reported to con, right? This was supposedly "patched" but it apparently isn't. 

It's basically an exploit.

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

Uh, guys you do realize that this is a bug that has to be reported to con, right? This was supposedly "patched" but it apparently isn't. 

It's basically an exploit.

Finding hats isn't an exploit. If there were a series of actions that were leading to extra hats dropping and people were using those steps to get more hats, that would be exploiting. Simply running missions like people would normally and experiencing an increase hat drop rat is simply a bug.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Doublepost ><

Edited by Nicol_Djaghilev, 21 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Yeah, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary here - just running missions like i normally do.

So, while this may be a bug, it's not an exploit.

Nicol,it's totally random or have some chance of the recon breather appear in a certain area?
Btw,the scavenger wrap you buy or find?

About this. From what i've gathered, you can only randomly loot only unstatted hats (baseball and trucker caps), green bandanas, tactical goggles and UCPD hats. So all class-specific hats (football helmet, beret, breather, shroud, wrap, hockey and welders mask, hard hat, surgeons'cap and medic mirror) should not be dropping at all, or dropping very rarely (THIS IS ONLY AN OPINION BASED ON WHAT I COULD SEE IN THE GAME AND THEREFORE MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE).

That said, I don't think there are set locations for hats to spawn in, although i seem to find them mostly in streets and subways (I'm talking UCPDs, gogs and bandanas).

I bought the second promo hat bundle when it came out twenty days ago (beret, hard hat, mirror, breather and wrap). All of my other class-specific hats are traded, mostly for UCPDs i found. Gogs and bandanas went for rares yesterday.

Edward Nightfall

Edward Nightfall
  • 106 posts

Oh thanks for the information...

aartamen

aartamen
  • 100 posts

I found several baseball/trucker caps in places that provide materials only. May be construction yards on my junior account (lvl24). Still noting on the senior account (lvl44) running weapon locations only.

This makes me believe that the hats types are location linked. But sine the police hats drop in weapons only locations and I have not seen any perhaps it's also level linked.

Edited by aartamen, 20 April 2013 - 07:31 PM.

aartamen

aartamen
  • 100 posts

I am now convinced that hats follow the fuel limitations for low level grinding. And for my level 45 everything is low level. So i get no hats.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

I am now convinced that hats follow the fuel limitations for low level grinding. And for my level 45 everything is low level. So i get no hats.

I don't understand. What do you mean?

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

whatever. Nicol, is it just subways and parks? are there any other locations? 

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

whatever. Nicol, is it just subways and parks? are there any other locations? 

Well, as a rule of thumb, i tend to find mostly tactical goggles in subways and streets, bandanas in streets and warehouses, and UCPD hats in streets and warehouses.

You should bear in mind however that i only do missions in locations that drop weapons.

Also the missions need to be manual. For some reason hats never drop on automated missions.

aartamen

aartamen
  • 100 posts

Well, as a rule of thumb, i tend to find mostly tactical goggles in subways and streets, bandanas in streets and warehouses, and UCPD hats in streets and warehouses.

You should bear in mind however that i only do missions in locations that drop weapons.

Also the missions need to be manual. For some reason hats never drop on automated missions.

What level is your leader? My level 24 found plenty of hats today, evidently the drop rate is quite high. My level 45 found no hats at the same locations my level 24 finds them. For about the same number of missions. 15:0 or about that.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

What level is your leader? My level 24 found plenty of hats today, evidently the drop rate is quite high. My level 45 found no hats at the same locations my level 24 finds them. For about the same number of missions. 15:0 or about that.

Level 41.

Also i just found a UCPD on a subway map, so they can be found there too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hats, hat, clothing