• 123 posts

Well , I had an Idea where you can Upgrade Flags ,

and it will make it harder to scavenge and longer, 

and sometimes maybe fail kinda like traps :b

well just a suggestion/idea

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Maybe upgrades give a chance for a random rigged trap to go off near it. The higher the upgrade, the greater the luck.

Though I would like Upgrades to make your flag bigger and more elegant.

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts

Hope i can upgrade the flag to make more.. um....fancy, the benefits looks okay......

and yeah hope there's failure of hoisting banners/flags....

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Hope i can upgrade the flag to make more.. um....fancy, the benefits looks okay......

and yeah hope there's failure of hoisting banners/flags....

Issue is, the hoisting fail wouldn't do anything, You need to take out the defenders or die while hoisting anyways. A Trap system would be a great, final "Fuck you"  if you made it through with one low health guy left.

KaH

KaH
  • 123 posts

I like your Ideas more than mine now. :b

More Presentiable (i.e better fabric, cleaner, etc..) or More "Thug Like" (i.e scarier, spikes, etc.) 

Agree on the Final Trap Idea also.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Well , I had an Idea where you can Upgrade Flags ,

and it will make it harder to scavenge and longer, 

and sometimes maybe fail kinda like traps :b

well just a suggestion/idea

I had the "It gives you more war points per raid and gives the raider more points when taken" idea, but eh I guess that works too.

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts
Love it booby trapped building nice

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

Love it booby trapped building nice

Just wondering, how far are we willing to go with this? Will we booby trap barricades and storages as well? What about the fuel generator?

Adding this would give people with those ideas a precedent, and justification. We all need to think about the long term effects of ideas like this.

Edited by LPGD, 09 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

How far are we willing to go with this? Will we booby trap barricades and storages as well? What about the fuel generator?

Adding this would give people with those ideas a precedent, and justification. We all need to think about the long term effects of ideas like this.

Y'know just 'cause Kronosian posted here and said he liked the idea, you don't have to go against the idea when you're going against him....Just sayin'. 

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

Y'know just 'cause Kronosian posted here and said he liked the idea, you don't have to go against the idea when you're going against him....Just sayin'. 

I'm not going against the idea- I'm just pointing out some factors to consider. Sorry if my tone was a bit hostile, looking at it now, maybe it was.

Edited by LPGD, 09 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I'm not going against the idea- I'm just pointing out some factors to consider. Sorry if my tone was a bit hostile, looking at it now, maybe it was.

Cool. No new guns because that gives people the desire and justification to demand Laser Rifles and Chainsaw Swords.

No new traps or buildings because this gives people the desire and Justification to demand beehive traps.

No new enemies/zombies/NPC raiders because this gives people the Justification to request cyborgs and Robots.

Hi Fox News, hows that Slippery Slope strawman going :D

Hoisting a Flag, and Alliance wars are more a game then actual survivor war. The Flag trap would just help to have a chance to protect those few extra points.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

Cool. No new guns because that gives people the desire and justification to demand Laser Rifles and Chainsaw Swords.

No new traps or buildings because this gives people the desire and Justification to demand beehive traps.

No new enemies/zombies/NPC raiders because this gives people the Justification to request cyborgs and Robots.

Hi Fox News, hows that Slippery Slope strawman going :D

Hoisting a Flag, and Alliance wars are more a game then actual survivor war. The Flag trap would just help to have a chance to protect those few extra points.

While you do make a good point, if you booby trap a flag, can you really argue against me saying we should booby trap barricades to explode when destroyed, or have a WOM mounted on the fuel generator? The slippery slope works on all of us, you know.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

While you do make a good point, if you booby trap a flag, can you really argue against me saying we should booby trap barricades to explode when destroyed, or have a WOM mounted on the fuel generator? The slippery slope works on all of us, you know.

So if you even slightly jar the barricade when using it for cover or it gets shot just right it goes up, so too mush risk vs reward. Not to mentioned how the hell would a trap like that work, seeing as howyou have to keep replacing sandbags, so even a landmine would blow you up more then often in your face the enemies.

Why would you blow your own generator? The enemy destroying iti n a hurry leaves a chance to recover it, you destroying it would blow it to bits and ensure it cannot be used. Scuttling something only works when the enemy can take it and use it.

Also, Balance. The flag being hoisted out of its stand is a rare occasion, and can be hooked to a small wire trigger with a bit of give hooked to C4, the mechanism can sometimes fail, explaining the failure rate on upgrade, which also upgrades the trigger mechanism.

I have DMed for 10 years, bullshit explinations for those who use those exact slippery slope arguments are my forte, right below "Its a fucking game mechanic for balance, get the fuck over it brad!"

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

-snip-

Okay, I'll give you the barricades, but a WOM on a fuel generator will not destroy it. Therefore, it is not scuttling. So if we can booby trap flags, I'll ask again: why not fuel generators?

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Okay, I'll give you the barricades, but a WOM on a fuel generator will not destroy it. Therefore, it is not scuttling. So if we can booby trap flags, I'll ask again: why not fuel generators?

I for the life of me cannot fucking find a WoM, even on any abbreviation site. You talking about our Whele of Misfortune trap?

There would be no sensible way to trigger that, or hide that at all, it would have to be visible AT ALL TIMES, and being non-secured it would fall over when firing.

Add in "Balance" and add in "Because we draw the line at a reasonable point", and you shut down an argument each time.

"Slippery Slope" No new locations, you are justifying people wanting UFO interiors. No New Buildings, you are Justifying people wanting a a still running Toy Store. No new enemies, you are justifying people wanting Cyborg enemies. No new guns, you are justifying people wanting Flame Throwers. No new Melee, you are justifying people wanting Lightsabers. No new outfits, you are justifying people wanting Medieval Armor that works.

Huh, go figure, its almost like a Slippery Slope can be Slippery Sloped and is a bullshit argument.

Edited by Rose Mantis, 09 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

No new outfits, you are justifying people wanting Medieval Armor that works.

Where have I seen that before.............................Oh, right ._.  

But anyway, about the booby trapping barricades part, you can use other stuff to booby "trap" barriacdes other than C4.  

Hell, sticking some spikes on it outwards towards the enemy can disable them using it for cover, and could possibly be "disarmed" by an engineer, which kinda counts as a trap.  

Or, you could rig a Ding-Dong/Scatter Bomb (Scats a bit more logical) burried at the bottom of the barricade, so when it get's destroyed the trap is revealed and shreds the melee attacker.  At the price of damaging any nearby defenders and other cades.  

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Hell, sticking some spikes on it outwards towards the enemy can disable them using it for cover, and could possibly be "disarmed" by an engineer, which kinda counts as a trap.  

Or, you could rig a Ding-Dong/Scatter Bomb (Scats a bit more logical) burried at the bottom of the barricade, so when it get's destroyed the trap is revealed and shreds the melee attacker.  At the price of damaging any nearby defenders and other cades.  

Spikes? Oh no, i'll just SHOOT the barricade. Just don't hit the spikes with melee, there!

Buried Bomb Trap?  Cool thinking, just one problem, to have it that buried so the wall itself doesn't collapse would render it useless. Also, what, does the melee user push the bottom most sandbags out of the way too then sweep up?

Bullshit Explinations Man, AWAAAAAAY

Edited by Rose Mantis, 12 October 2013 - 10:42 AM.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

Spikes? Oh no, i'll just SHOOT the barricade. Just don't hit the spikes with melee, there!

Buried Bomb Trap?  Cool thinking, just one problem, to have it that buried so the wall itself doesn't collapse would render it useless. Also, what, does the melee user push the bottom most sandbags out of the way too then sweep up?

Bullshit Explinations Man, AWAAAAAAY

._. Ok, so screw the buried bomb thing, but spikes facing outwards disables raiders using it for cover.  Which is used a lot during raids :/

Pikulan

Pikulan
  • 136 posts

Also, make it so that the flag shows additional WHITE FLAG if you equip WFB.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Also, make it so that the flag shows additional WHITE FLAG if you equip WFB.

I like this, a lot. Maybe a Red Flag under non-white flaggers, and blue flag under vacationers?

Edited by Rose Mantis, 14 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idea, flag, upgrade