Enable A Second Defensive And Offensive Loadout

defensive offensive loadout weapons

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

POPULAR

This is an old one, but it didn't get a lot of attention lately and some changes has come up, so I will post it as an idea here: There should be an option to have two defensive and two offensive loadouts for your survivors. Right now we have only one for each offensive/defense.

Why do we need it?

PvE =/= PvP, that's the main reason.

For a raider there is nothing better than a bunch of long rifles for some offensive action. He will need tactical/shooting or ballistic vests and a lot of grenades or charges as equipment. Looting missions on higher levels will mostly be auto missions with swords and melee vests or some high dps assault rifles, SMGs and the likes with bandos and reload vests. So we need totally different setups for the offensive PvP and PvE missions respectively.

Same goes for defense. Whoever tried to defend his base against a level 50 zombie horde with 5 guys present, all armed with poor reload/damage M24s will know what I mean: Lower ranged but higher DPS/APS guns are way more effective against zombies than pure long rifle defense setups. However, try to defend your compound against human attackers with PPMs, MTARs etc. and you will certainly get laughed at.

With two and more zombie attacks a day, running a lot of looting missions and the occasional raids it's a constant switching back and forth of weapon setups. Now add some disconnect errors in zombie raids or missions and you can do it all over again.

So giving us the opportunity to choose two different loadouts for each offense and defense would save us all a lot of time. I know, it has been proposed before and Con is opposed to too much micro management. But it's far more micro management in the current situation than it would be with two more loadouts. Any opinions?

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts

So PVP defense loadouts and PVP offensive loadouts.... I agree with the PVP offensive load out because i'a always busy change my survivor gear and weapon when i going on PVE mission after raiding......well PVP defense load out will be a nice idea because raiders and zombies have different HP.....but i don't need that.. :)

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Yup, it's a PVE and a PVP loadout option for both offense and defense. Of course the offense option doesn't need to be restricted to either PVE or PVP. You could as well design different raiding teams (like a 2x5 men team setup vs. 2x3 and 1x4 teams, for example).

The defensive loadouts should only apply to either PVE or PVP though. So the game chooses the loadout automatically depending on a human or zombie attack.

KaH

KaH
  • 123 posts

If i understood it correctly , +1 - I agree.

Whenever there is like 2 or 3 guys home with all M-24's as Defensive Weapons and a Zombie Raid comes and I forget to Change out the Loadouts 

I get some critical damage. 

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I definitely agree.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Totally agree, specially with the second offensive loadout. The second defensive one I don't care much about, since I always dodge zombie attacks (I REALLY hate those), but it wouldn't bother me, so let it come.  

+1, like in the other thread ;)

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts

yes oh hell yes +1

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So more content/feature for the PVP players at the expense of non-PVP Players?.

I'm unsure about how widely this is needed in all fairness

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Dafuq? How daFUQ is this at the expense of PvE players? I AM A PVE PLAYER and see no downside to PvE players for a much needed feature to help dejumble the weapon set juggling for PvP players, who are half the playerbase!

Pudding

Pudding
  • 49 posts

How exactly..... would this......be a downside to PvE players? Did you even read the original post? All its doing is adding a second loadout for both Offensive and Defensive situations. The second Defensive would still be good for PvE players because unless they give zero fucks about their compound, they need to protect it. And the second Offensive loadout would be neutral to people who don't raid........ It would present ZERO downsides to PvE players.

Lostman

Lostman
  • 125 posts

...that's... complaining for complaining's sake. It simply is. Really. Don't do it.

Anyway...

There's a little problem with extra loadouts. As in, Con said in chat (no pic, sadly) there won't be more. Too much extra data for the servers, I think. Don't know if what Con said was definitive or not, but there's that. I would love to see another loadout, but he's the man with the numbers and the power.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

As in, Con said in chat (no pic, sadly) there won't be more. Too much extra data for the servers, I think. Don't know if what Con said was definitive or not, but there's that. I would love to see another loadout, but he's the man with the numbers and the power.

Yup, I heard that too. Chances of implementing are low. Still I want to put the topic out there because it's one of the little things that could tackle the more frustrating parts of the game.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

This got suggested before here on these forums, if I find the link to the thread, I'll edit it in this post. . .

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

This got suggested before here on these forums, if I find the link to the thread, I'll edit it in this post. . .

I know, I tried to find the link myself before posting here. As I said in the OP this suggestion is an old one but haven't been introduced again lately.

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

I know, I tried to find the link myself before posting here. As I said in the OP this suggestion is an old one but haven't been introduced again lately.

Well, the idea's simple and really handy to begin with.  How did the original idea thread die off?  Did Con pull it's plug? :/ 

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

As far as I remember Con said something about it being expensive to store all the data for the additional loadouts. Not too sure if he pulled the plug for good though.

fusurugi

fusurugi
  • 168 posts

Have my upvote, kind sir. :classy:

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Here's an idea. You can save a notepad with your four loadouts. Want to mod the loadouts? Just save over to old notepad when pressing "Export Loadout". Done. all you have to do when switching loadouts is click "Import" and then pick from "Zom Off" "Zom Def" "PvP Off" "PvP On". It reads the notepad real quick, calls it a day.

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

can not agree with this more :)

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

...that's... complaining for complaining's sake. It simply is. Really. Don't do it.

Anyway...

There's a little problem with extra loadouts. As in, Con said in chat (no pic, sadly) there won't be more. Too much extra data for the servers, I think. Don't know if what Con said was definitive or not, but there's that. I would love to see another loadout, but he's the man with the numbers and the power.

Yup, I heard that too. Chances of implementing are low. Still I want to put the topic out there because it's one of the little things that could tackle the more frustrating parts of the game.

As far as I remember Con said something about it being expensive to store all the data for the additional loadouts. Not too sure if he pulled the plug for good though.

And here i thought i had a great idea only to find out not only has it been suggested as well as before this thread somewhere but appears to have already been shot down. If this is true this absolutely bites. managing the weapons and gear for different ops is a royal pain for the very reasons already stated. zed O and D is different than PvP O and D. I never run the same survivors out on missions it seems and the bad part is I only have 8 at the moment and at level 13 to boot. having 10 and at higher levels will be a bigger pain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defensive, offensive, loadout, weapons