Photo

Enable A Second Defensive And Offensive Loadout

defensive offensive loadout weapons

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

An official statement on this idea would still be welcome since the number of upvotes proves a strong interest in more loadout slots.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

theres one other thing i want here

for defenses, there are also presets on defensive positions

eg: on zombie defense, all my survivors are huddled in the same place close to an open door to massacre zombies trying to get through, on pvp defense, i have a surprise hidden away that is 2 survivors, but i often as not forget to move them back and forth

Edited by TheRyderShotgun, 29 November 2013 - 09:39 AM.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Any word from Con on this in the meanwhile?

I'm sick and tired of constantly switching loadouts. So tired of it that sometimes I even stop caring about saving ammo... 

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I'm sick and tired of constantly switching loadouts. So tired of it that sometimes I even stop caring about saving ammo... 

Same here. To be honest: It has even kept me from raiding sometimes.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

ive had nights where I have been in either my zed loadout or raiding loadout and have just quit early due to the hassle of changing it all over. this idea absolutely has my support and I hope it gets 100 upvotes.

take one from me btw +1 

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 361 posts

I have wanted extra loadouts too. It would streamline gameplay a lot more. But, I can also understand if Con didnt want to do it for reasons like storage space or additional programming.

But, I had one idea that might be kinda easy to do. Often times, my defensive setup is the same or similar enough to my raiding setup. So If there was a COPY button that could allow me to copy the defensive setup for a player with just a single click, it would save some time. I would still have to change it for the PVE missions, but it would be quick to set it back up for PVP.

Added in Edit- The button could also copy the offensive setup for defense... My idea was just clicking one button once to copy all ten characters.

How about that Idea?

Edited by DZplayer, 27 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

since it was fibrillated  i will add my support for extra load out(s). even if it was just one more offensive. one for raids and one for missions. it really bites to load into someone's pound only to see a full crew of chainsaws or some equally ranged challenged weapon. and yes remembering is part of the challenge... i know this...

ligoccogil

ligoccogil
  • 289 posts

I'm lazy, i just want an "equip high dps item that survivor specalizes in" button. and a "this is what goes with that weapon gear wise and the highest of it" button

Edited by ligoccogil, 29 January 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

a second offensive load out is long overdue. +1

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

Agreed. I think it is almost unanimous that this is a good idea. +1. 

Masterpint

Masterpint
  • 10 posts

Yes please!

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

Yes please!

really?

the time difference is, like, 2 weeks, this thing long fell off the map. not that i dont want this, but ... revived posts, even good posts, need to be something better than this...

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

really?

the time difference is, like, 2 weeks, this thing long fell off the map. not that i dont want this, but ... revived posts, even good posts, need to be something better than this...

So you want it to be implemented, as well as dozens of other forum members. And still you want it to fall off the map?

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

So you want it to be implemented, as well as dozens of other forum members. And still you want it to fall off the map?

nhooooo...

what im saying is: yes, i want this really bad(along with the position presets), BUT, someone looking to revive it should at least look like he's making a point. "yes please" to an old comment might not cut it ... it causes accusations of necroing instead of bumping.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

nhooooo...

what im saying is: yes, i want this really bad(along with the position presets), BUT, someone looking to revive it should at least look like he's making a point. "yes please" to an old comment might not cut it ... it causes accusations of necroing instead of bumping.

Agreed, in general. I'm fine with necroing this particular topic though. (Yes, I'm biased. :D )

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,703 posts

I think this is an excellent idea if it can be easily done by the guys, even on the simplest vs raiders/vs infected layouts. 

If possible the option to change clothing would be handy as well, so suppressed clothing against guns, and anything else as desired against zombies. 

+1 DJ

oldgamster

oldgamster
  • 1,018 posts

Well The Con just said 1 defensive load out. and i quote:

- You only have one defensive loadout. You'll have to balance that between zombies and humans. I very deliberately set it up this way to force more variety into defences.

that's fine by me on defense anyway. when a zed raid comes in i refresh and immediately send all but one survivor out and defeat the inbound with one defender. it's the second offensive load out that i want. one for missions and one for raids.

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

nhooooo...

Trolled if you revive and old thread you agree with, trolled if you make a new thread stating the same idea (not that you were trolling, but in general on this forum this seems to be how ppl react). Just let him be, nothing wrong with supporting a thread you agree with even if its fallen off page one. 

Dj_777

Dj_777
  • 111 posts

With the changes impending for LRs, this seems to have gained new relevance.  Very soon, defending a compound from zombies with LRs will be much much tougher, if not impossible without very OP uniques; thus necessitating changing defensive loadouts at the beginning of a play session & the end, and if a crash happens at the wrong time you could be royally screwed.  LMGs, ARs, SMGs, & Shotguns can easily hold off the zombies, but they can't properly defend against raiders; the raiders can stand outside of your range & take potshots while the AI does nothing but hide & die.

I will admit, I use mostly LRs to defend myself, and they are border-line acceptable for zombies already.  (Very close to inadequate without any uniques...  Taking small amounts of barricade damage, basically, they're at a critical point for the weapons I have at my disposal where there are just a small amount too many to kill before they hit, but not enough to do huge amounts of damage.)  Changing loadouts at least twice every session (Not day, session, so before & after a meal/large snack being 2 sessions; surprise errands, 2 sessions...  Etc.  Too much time in menus & GUIs for too little time spent playing) doesn't seem natural.

Logically survivors should think 'Zombies!' & grab one set of weapons, or think 'Raiders!' & grab a separate set of weapons.  Why should they think 'AAAAAHHH!  PANIC!' & grab the same weapons under any circumstances after surviving maybe a year or more in the Dead Zone?  (Between the timeline & the circumstances, it makes little sense.  If they panicked, they wouldn't have survived a year or more; if they stayed level-headed, they'd survive...)

Does this all make sense?

Njaelic

Njaelic
  • 185 posts

A second defense loadout would be nice, so we can do such funny things more often:

http://youtu.be/D_5cUIAPFo4

Atm it is just to much work, to change loadout every day ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defensive, offensive, loadout, weapons