Photo

Enable A Second Defensive And Offensive Loadout

defensive offensive loadout weapons

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

zRavage

zRavage
  • 5 posts

for me it is even worse changing loadouts between missions and raids, i lag a lot sometimes , and i Always forget something, one of my raids got completely wrong because i forgot the smoke grenade, i got shot behind cover and my medic died, then i could do nothing, just sit and watch my survivors dying

Toruko

Toruko
  • 9 posts

I had just come here to post this very idea. +1

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

So with the 2015 roadmap ahead, can we get a little statement if there are any plans regarding more loadout options, Con? I'd really appreciate it.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,703 posts

'Hot' needs to be 'blazing'

Come on Con, this is such an obvious and basic request it doesn't really require any more of this. Can the mechanics handle it? If not, then fine. 

But put us out of our misery 

Edited by Harpago, 10 January 2015 - 01:52 AM.

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

This sounds like a great idea.

The only concern is the extra memory required to save all the extra slots which hold those preset loadouts. An extra loadout across a ton of accounts could add up.

Would it be a problem? If Con has said anything dismissing this idea, I haven't seen it.

So with the 2015 roadmap ahead, can we get a little statement if there are any plans regarding more loadout options, Con? I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Noob, 24 January 2015 - 05:06 AM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

+1

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,703 posts

With the changes impending for LRs, this seems to have gained new relevance.  Very soon, defending a compound from zombies with LRs will be much much tougher, if not impossible without very OP uniques; thus necessitating changing defensive loadouts at the beginning of a play session & the end, and if a crash happens at the wrong time you could be royally screwed.  LMGs, ARs, SMGs, & Shotguns can easily hold off the zombies, but they can't properly defend against raiders; the raiders can stand outside of your range & take potshots while the AI does nothing but hide & die.

I will admit, I use mostly LRs to defend myself, and they are border-line acceptable for zombies already.  (Very close to inadequate without any uniques...  Taking small amounts of barricade damage, basically, they're at a critical point for the weapons I have at my disposal where there are just a small amount too many to kill before they hit, but not enough to do huge amounts of damage.)  Changing loadouts at least twice every session (Not day, session, so before & after a meal/large snack being 2 sessions; surprise errands, 2 sessions...  Etc.  Too much time in menus & GUIs for too little time spent playing) doesn't seem natural.

Logically survivors should think 'Zombies!' & grab one set of weapons, or think 'Raiders!' & grab a separate set of weapons.  Why should they think 'AAAAAHHH!  PANIC!' & grab the same weapons under any circumstances after surviving maybe a year or more in the Dead Zone?  (Between the timeline & the circumstances, it makes little sense.  If they panicked, they wouldn't have survived a year or more; if they stayed level-headed, they'd survive...)

Does this all make sense?

Yes it does make sense. Zeds and raiders up in the same mix for compound attacks is sort of laughable. They are completely different. 

I am getting a bit frustrated with the game developer's apparent lack of comment on the subject though. We have been asking for something as obvious as this for years now, and nothing..

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I am getting a bit frustrated with the game developer's apparent lack of comment on the subject though. We have been asking for something as obvious as this for years now, and nothing..

Yep.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

I know they have addressed secondary defensive loadouts in an old raid focused thread. multiple defensive loadouts will not happen for the sake of strategizing your loadout to be effective for both zombies and raiders. however, I don't recall secondary Offensive loadouts being addressed before but I could be wrong. it would be nice to get some type of statement from the devs already on it.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I second that having two defensive options might not be necessary. But the amount of time I spend switching weapons between loot runs and raids is way too high.

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

50th post

ANd yes I do agree this is neccasary

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Good idea and worth looking at with one small addition, now that the island another loadout for it would be nice.

Maybe this could be done by adding a new button in training center "team design" allowing us to make a few teams with diferent guns, gears and maybe even clothing. I think 5 teams would cover most of the offensive needs ( 2 pve, 2 pvp, 1 island).

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

since it requires more of the server what about paying a few bucks for the expanded loadout option?

just like con did with the inventory

Edited by Aether, 09 September 2015 - 04:59 PM.

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 361 posts

since it requires more of the server what about paying a few bucks for the expanded loadout option?

just like con did with the inventory

There could be a 'Copy' button, which wouldnt have to take up server space and could help alleviate some of the problem of having to change weapons so many times. Just push the 'Copy' button would copy all 10 setups from the defense to the offense, and vice-versa.

Mike B

Mike B
  • 42 posts

I can only support this idea, it's really needed.

Can we hear the Devs on this point? All we need to know is if  it's feasable.

Thank you.

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

76 Upvotes and counting - and still not a word from the Devs...

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

count me in as well!
77 and UP IT GOES!!!!

I definitely agree ... it would allow ppl to consider removing their WF books in a much nicer, polite way than just making things to force them into raiding with either platinum-quality items flashed upon their faces or ppl attacking them with all quality stuff ...

wonder how none of the devs has thought this through ... -_-

Edited by HECU_Guy, 29 September 2015 - 03:58 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 805 posts

Ah, why not? 78.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

This second "Raid" loadout will apply on the island right? I'm lazy like that xD

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 805 posts

You can now upgrade your loadouts to a maximum of 3 loadouts.  In total, it'll cost you around $10 to upgrade from the basic 1 loadout to 3 loadouts. 

I already own the Extra Loadout!

If you already own the existing Extra Loadout, that's cool, you still own it. You'll be able to buy another loadout for $5 to get your total of 3 loadouts. You can even purchase one now and another one when and if you need it. The maximum it will cost you is around $10.

Why cash only?

Because it costs us money to store all your loadouts. As people's playstyles get more complicated and more diverse, which means more loadouts, our data costs go up. These one time purchases help with the cost of storing these loadouts month after month. We also feel that having 3 loadouts is a bit of a luxury.

Inventory Upgrades out as well: http://forum.conarti...-now-available/

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 30 September 2015 - 08:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defensive, offensive, loadout, weapons