Photo

Enable A Second Defensive And Offensive Loadout

defensive offensive loadout weapons

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Well said MW.  Loadouts will need memory space.  And this game loves paying for memory by offering to remove tedious clicking tasks.

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

You can now upgrade your loadouts to a maximum of 3 loadouts.  In total, it'll cost you around $10 to upgrade from the basic 1 loadout to 3 loadouts. 

I already own the Extra Loadout!

If you already own the existing Extra Loadout, that's cool, you still own it. You'll be able to buy another loadout for $5 to get your total of 3 loadouts. You can even purchase one now and another one when and if you need it. The maximum it will cost you is around $10.

Why cash only?

Because it costs us money to store all your loadouts. As people's playstyles get more complicated and more diverse, which means more loadouts, our data costs go up. These one time purchases help with the cost of storing these loadouts month after month. We also feel that having 3 loadouts is a bit of a luxury.

Inventory Upgrades out as well: http://forum.conarti...-now-available/

Sssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't give them ideas - unless it's for cost free additional loadouts!

On another, completely serious note:

I would like to propose an idea for a new structure which functions much like the Recycler, one designed to perhaps immolate ('The Immolator' sounds cool) large numbers of items instantly, perhaps without giving any resources or components in return. This structure could be filled with junk, components, weapons, gear, books or schematics, and the items 'immolated' (perhaps without any crazy associated Fuel costs).

:D

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

I would like to propose an idea for a new structure which functions much like the Recycler, one designed to perhaps immolate ('The Immolator' sounds cool) large numbers of items instantly, perhaps without giving any resources or components in return. This structure could be filled with junk, components, weapons, gear, books or schematics, and the items 'immolated' (perhaps without any crazy associated Fuel costs).

What you have described is what the Incinerator was meant to be http://forum.conarti...?hl=incinerator

You can now upgrade your loadouts to a maximum of 3 loadouts.  In total, it'll cost you around $10 to upgrade from the basic 1 loadout to 3 loadouts. 

I already own the Extra Loadout!

If you already own the existing Extra Loadout, that's cool, you still own it. You'll be able to buy another loadout for $5 to get your total of 3 loadouts. You can even purchase one now and another one when and if you need it. The maximum it will cost you is around $10.

I see what you did there. 

Since the Island update, I can see why Raiders wanted this. Changing weapons/gear is a pain in the ass.

Edited by LLiquid, 30 September 2015 - 09:25 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 805 posts

Last I checked, Wood an be used to burn stuff, as well as cloth, (we'll assume metal as uh, thermite, so all 3 building materials are used). This way, since active high lvl players can still use their piles of resources to their advantage, right now, it's too easy to be full.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Even a button to toggle the Defensive Loadout to be used for Offense for this mission would be helpful. Here's a mockup of what I mean:

23iuefr.jpg

The loadout icon would be next to each survivor's level, allowing players to toggle Offensive/Defensive loadouts to be used for that mission. Any manual changes made to either loadout will overwrite the Offensive loadout for that survivor. This may not be a perfect fix for everybody, but it could give most players some wiggle room when it comes to quickly equipping survivors for missions.

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 01 October 2015 - 03:33 PM.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 241 posts

+1

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Even a button to toggle the Defensive Loadout to be used for Offense for this mission would be helpful. Here's a mockup of what I mean:

23iuefr.jpg

The loadout icon would be next to each survivor's level, allowing players to toggle Offensive/Defensive loadouts to be used for that mission. Any manual changes made to either loadout will overwrite the Offensive loadout for that survivor. This may not be a perfect fix for everybody, but it could give most players some wiggle room when it comes to quickly equipping survivors for missions.

This is the thing!  No extra memory requirements, easy to code, ameliorates a lot of the problem. 

Need more incentive devs?  I know I have lost the chance to raid when the loading timer ran out while re-equipping.  This simple button is worth at least few more raids.

SiftHeads10

SiftHeads10
  • 25 posts

I totally agree on this, its getting too bored on the changing weapons, if I get your point well, you meant like this? when its zombie horde, you choose the offensive loadout to attack the zombies with AR's and LMG's than LR's with 5 men and die in the horde, and when people attack you, its defensive loadout, equiping LR's to defend your compound. That's what we needed, than those latest updates of bounties and other stuff, nice thinking man.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 671 posts

23iuefr.jpg

Would this go for Defense as well? Because then I'd use my mission loadout on defense all the time, lol

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Here is my idea of how it could done, the graphic is crude, but wanted to give a basic concept:

1. Add an extra button in training center

image.jpg

2. Once You click it You can design 5 teams using window like that:

image.jpg

3. On mission launch screen You choose a designed team or assaing survivors normally

A few more levels could be added to training center each granting us one more team design. For me 5 team designs would be nice. 10 survivors - 2 teams for pvp , 2 teams for pve and 1 team for island.

What do You guys think?

Nuts and Bolts

Nuts and Bolts
  • 25 posts

Here is my idea of how it could done, the graphic is crude, but wanted to give a basic concept:

1. Add an extra button in training center

image.jpg

2. Once You click it You can design 5 teams using window like that:

image.jpg

3. On mission launch screen You choose a designed team or assaing survivors normally

A few more levels could be added to training center each granting us one more team design. For me 5 team designs would be nice. 10 survivors - 2 teams for pvp , 2 teams for pve and 1 team for island.

What do You guys think?

Nice idea max, but honestly ,i think i will be confused and wouldn't know in which team i have placed a particular survivor of my crew.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Nice idea max, but honestly ,i think i will be confused and wouldn't know in which team i have placed a particular survivor of my crew.

But if You click the team in the missin launch screen then it would load specific team and then You would be able to see all of the stuffs used. If it is the wrong one just select another one.. Similar like swaping pages in the inventory.

Nuts and Bolts

Nuts and Bolts
  • 25 posts

But if You click the team in the missin launch screen then it would load specific team and then You would be able to see all of the stuffs used. If it is the wrong one just select another one.. Similar like swaping pages in the inventory.

ya i understand , but few players like me first see the defensive structure of others and then decide how many surv to use and what to equip them with, so i got no problem whether or not this idea is accepted.

Dunno bout others in dead zone ...

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 805 posts

I think with DMU coming to Kong, maybe there's a revival in this idea?

Those tedious clicking tasks...

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

The award for "Most irrelevant link ever goes to" MW3ProPlayer for this";

I think with DMU coming to Kong, maybe there's a revival in this idea?

Those tedious clicking tasks...

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Old, but gold... bringing it up hoping it can be implemented.

ToneZ

ToneZ
  • 44 posts

This is an old one, but it didn't get a lot of attention lately and some changes has come up, so I will post it as an idea here: There should be an option to have two defensive and two offensive loadouts for your survivors. Right now we have only one for each offensive/defense.

Why do we need it?

PvE =/= PvP, that's the main reason.

For a raider there is nothing better than a bunch of long rifles for some offensive action. He will need tactical/shooting or ballistic vests and a lot of grenades or charges as equipment. Looting missions on higher levels will mostly be auto missions with swords and melee vests or some high dps assault rifles, SMGs and the likes with bandos and reload vests. So we need totally different setups for the offensive PvP and PvE missions respectively.

Same goes for defense. Whoever tried to defend his base against a level 50 zombie horde with 5 guys present, all armed with poor reload/damage M24s will know what I mean: Lower ranged but higher DPS/APS guns are way more effective against zombies than pure long rifle defense setups. However, try to defend your compound against human attackers with PPMs, MTARs etc. and you will certainly get laughed at.

With two and more zombie attacks a day, running a lot of looting missions and the occasional raids it's a constant switching back and forth of weapon setups. Now add some disconnect errors in zombie raids or missions and you can do it all over again.

So giving us the opportunity to choose two different loadouts for each offense and defense would save us all a lot of time. I know, it has been proposed before and Con is opposed to too much micro management. But it's far more micro management in the current situation than it would be with two more loadouts. Any opinions?

upvoted. Thank you.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Three years old and we still want it ...

It is time ... Con please!

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 215 posts

multiple loadouts are needed now more than ever.

with all the item find gear and clothings we now need to change even more stuff between raiding and looting than before

there should also be an option to select different clothing for different loadouts, since most people probably dont want to wear item find clothings for raids

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 143 posts

Yeah - Alot of people would buy this CON : )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defensive, offensive, loadout, weapons