Photo

Raid Log

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

chrisjczar

chrisjczar
  • 4 posts

POPULAR

I have a hard time keeping track of players I've raided or who have raided me. The number of battles doesn't cut it. Could there be a log that tracks who you were raided by, what they stole, who they killed, etc?

As much as i would LOVE a playback feature (to watch players when they raid you) I know that's technically much more difficult. 

Thanks!

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

Yeah, I've been wanting this for a real long time.

but it should also include 2 sections, one being mission, the other being raid reports.

Duemellon

Duemellon
  • 45 posts

AGreed. If they're gonna encourage PvP and rivalries.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

+1 for both ideas, this would be awesome.

Lol, maybe a "Security Camera" structure to build?

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Yeah i agree. 

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

Playback features have been proposed to exhaustion at the old forum, but if I'm not wrong Con already stated that it would put too much strain on the servers... Think for instance how much drive space it would take to keep a playable copy of all raids...

+1 to the log.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

I totally agree with this idea, would make people who get raided have an easier time to find out who to raid back.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

yea good idea ive always wanted to get people back!

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

+1 for the idea and may be it make sense to build 'security camera' structure.

Since real time video of how the raid is done, is not possible now. What I would love to see is the detail of how we are being raided. It will be some kind of log file.

10:03am 22 April 2013

- Player John attacked

- 5 attacked spawned on right side of the compound

- Recon A is injured

- 1 attacker is injured

- Fighter C is injured

- Fighter D is injured

- 1 attacker is injured

- 1 barricade is destroyed 

- 1 WOM have been activated

- 1 ding dong II have been activated.

- 1 scatter bomb III have been disarmed.

- 1 attacker have been injured

- fuel generator have been looted

- the raid end

and then also show us the usual raid report. By review the detailed raid report, we can analysis and imagine how the raid is carried how and know where is our weakness. 

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

-snip-

I don't think the game would have the capability of keeping track of events of other people's games

Edited by Gray, 21 April 2013 - 05:19 PM.

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

I don't think the game would have the capability of keeping track of events of other people's games

I believe it is pretty easy to be honest, it will be pretty much the same as the normal report created at the end of the raid showing you how many attackers and defenders is killed. which are looted, which traps are tripped and which traps are disarmed. Since they already have mechanism to record all these data, it will be simply extending by logging some of the key events happened during raid and show them back in series. To save up processing power and bandwidth, we only need to log only some key event mentioned above. 

For example,

Let say one of attacker is killed, following event may happen ..

- They have to log that one attacker is killed.

- showing dying animation

- displayed on screen with text.

- the player icon is changed to grey scale.

- control related to that attacker is disable.

- send data to the sever (so that people can't exploit using F5).

I can't see it isn't not possible to simply log events happened during raid and show it back in later time.

Edited by GravityZero, 21 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

Definitely need this added, I was raided while I was just skimming through notifications, so I couldn't tell who attacked me. . .

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

Definitely need this added, I was raided while I was just skimming through notifications, so I couldn't tell who attacked me. . .

Thats what I do 100% the time. I press OK on like everything and im like. Wait a minute...... my comp is trashed, and then im like : WHO DA FUQ RAIDED ME? Then I use my Sherlock Skills and check my enemies list.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

Thats what I do 100% the time. I press OK on like everything and im like. Wait a minute...... my comp is trashed, and then im like : WHO DA FUQ RAIDED ME? Then I use my Sherlock Skills and check my enemies list.

I have a lot of enemies that I has 1-4 battles with, so I can't tell who, I should start keeping a list so I know.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

I have a lot of enemies that I has 1-4 battles with, so I can't tell who, I should start keeping a list so I know.

Not relating to the topic but you play on Kong or AG+FB? I don't see you around chat :(

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

Not relating to the topic but you play on Kong or AG+FB? I don't see you around chat :(

I play on Kongregate mainly, just 3 days ago, I made accounts on facebook and armor games, I think I might give on my facebook account.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

This. This idea would be more then excellent for this game. Right now raiding is largely disorganized. I'm in a raid war with 3 other people, and half the time I don't get reports when they raid me. This would let me keep track of who I need to strike back against, and who's crap I need to wreck.

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

This. This idea would be more then excellent for this game. Right now raiding is largely disorganized. I'm in a raid war with 3 other people, and half the time I don't get reports when they raid me. This would let me keep track of who I need to strike back against, and who's crap I need to wreck.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if they resort to the exploit of refreshing the page during the raid, you still get the damage done so far but you are not notified...

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Playback features have been proposed to exhaustion at the old forum, but if I'm not wrong Con already stated that it would put too much strain on the servers... Think for instance how much drive space it would take to keep a playable copy of all raids...

+1 to the log.

I do a bit of dev work myself, and if this potential feature was done correctly, it could be fairly efficient and only add a small amount of 'strain' to their servers, though that does depend on their server setup. Also, it would not take that much storage space either; it's not as if they would be storing a video capture of any and all raids, instead a server side log of events (that is updated at intervals during the raid) would likely be used.

I was going to try and give a simple example of what a battle log might be, but it's not really worth the effort as I doubt this feature will be implemented anytime soon, and there are already some examples out there online from other games that do have a similar feature, but I hope I'm wrong as I would love to see this and similar features implemented.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if they resort to the exploit of refreshing the page during the raid, you still get the damage done so far but you are not notified...

AFAIK if you are disconnected during a raid it's almost as if the raid never happened (except for injured survivors on your side). So refreshing your page should result in the compound you attacked remaining the same as it was before you even initiated an attack. If it does work differently to that, then yes it can be used as an exploit. But from my experience, that isn't how it works, I will test it after though and if I remember I'll update this entry to let you know.

Update: Just ran a test on someone's compound, raided them, killed the 1 survivor they left home, destroyed quite a few barricades and 1 tower, then refreshed the page to check if their compound retained the damage. It did not, everything on their side was in the same state it had been before I raided them, all towers and barricades standing. So it seems to be working as intended, being disconnected or purposefully refreshing does not provide you with a method to exploit.

Edited by BrianBore, 11 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Definitely need this, I raid a lot and I of course get raided back sometimes, I remember who raids me but in the future I may just just skim through notifications and not notice the name of who raided me, this should definitely be added and I support it fully.