Photo

More Incentive For Completing War Tasks With Haste

fuel war tasks deadline top five alliance contributing incentive competition reward

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Yeah, I would have quit the game without the DMU. For me it is because of the time I spend in game. I am here hours (upon hours) at a time and I want something to do besides chat and wait. I want to play the game. Without the DMU I would not bother to log in just for a few missions and check back for another few missions.

"Only 1-2% of players have it"
"I would leave the game without it, as would many"

So basically no big loss? Nothing personal, but at most losing 2% of your BETA playerbase for the sake of balancing and appealing to anti-wallet warriors (Who are a bigger crowd then Wallet Warriors) seems a perfectly acceptable loss.

If con put up a 1 hit kill gun no matter what, that only 1% of players bought, would you be just as adamant to defend it staying in game when he too regrets it? Its a Beta, you took the (Silly) risk and bought an OP item/service during a Beta. People who bought fuel I beta have been banned from the game, did that destroy the game? Did many leave when their purchasing of fuel was wasted?

Edited by Rose Mantis, 18 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Nathaneil

Nathaneil
  • 24 posts

"Only 1-2% of players have it"
"I would leave the game without it, as would many"

So basically no big loss? Nothing personal, but at most losing 2% of your BETA playerbase for the sake of balancing and appealing to anti-wallet warriors (Who are a bigger crowd then Wallet Warriors) seems a perfectly acceptable loss.

If con put up a 1 hit kill gun no matter what, that only 1% of players bought, would you be just as adamant to defend it staying in game when he too regrets it? Its a Beta, you took the (Silly) risk and bought an OP item/service during a Beta. People who bought fuel I beta have been banned from the game, did that destroy the game? Did many leave when their purchasing of fuel was wasted?

I hate to say it, but I agree

Pog Mo Thoin

Pog Mo Thoin
  • 196 posts

On facebook every game is beta until it gets closed down, this will like remain the same until CAG releases a new game and stops working on this one. At that time at least 50% of the player base will stop playing or move to the new game.

But lets look at this a little more logically, 2% is still 2,000 players. Considering that thousands create accounts then give the game up or play them less than once a week, that's probably at least 50% of the 200k player based.  Kong can't get DMU's and i've no idea how big that player base is, but if you discount those accounts say approx 1/3, 33%. Which leaves 15% of the regular player base that doesn't have DMU's. Also take into consideration that people who buy DMU's also have mutliple accounts, rarely do they buy DMU's for more than one account, roughly 3 on average. So I'd speculate (as I can't confirm for sure since only Con has the figures) that there is only approx 11% of the player base left who regularly play that don't have the DMU but have access to buy.

Removing the DMU would cause a lot of the player base to stop playing, which would be approx 6% of the most active players. When you break down the player base like above you can see that it would impact the game quite significantly if you did remove it from FB/AG.

So by all means Rose, if you want a large chunk of the active players to stop playing, then by all means levy for Con to remove the DMU. The trade channels would get a lot quieter.

Personally I'm dubious about the 200k player base, considering that at any given time there is usually at most 100 players in trade channels, and 200 in all the public channels for FB/AG combined and I know that more than 2% of the people who trade regularly have DMUs.

As for silly risk none was taken, like I said I bought the DMU to make the game playable, the money spent justified that, and I also don't regret it as it supports the CAG team with some income that they would unlikely have earned from me without the DMU.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "People who bought fuel I beta have been banned from the game", You can still buy fuel in the game.

Edited by Pog Mo Thoin, 18 October 2013 - 05:07 AM.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

I cannot see Con removing the DMU from players who have already purchased it. I believe it would be a bad move on his part. He would loose players and thus loose future income. Personally I didnt just spend the money on buying the DMU (two of them) I went on to spend a couple of hundred dollars on other items that I would not have done had I not purchased the DMU in the first place. If the DMU were removed then I would have no reason to spend another dime in game as I would stop playing. A huge loss for CAG I believe because not only would I stop playing but I believe a good number of other players would as well.

Con has already stated that once the game leaves beta we will not lose our 'items' I take this to mean that we will not lose those purchased items either including the DMU, fuel, clothing etc. Only time will tell.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

I cannot see Con removing the DMU from players who have already purchased it. I believe it would be a bad move on his part. He would loose players and thus loose future income. 

You mean the guys who no longer have to buy fuel really because they can easily grind the entire map for fuel drops + fuel drop rate increasing books every day in the time it takes me and you to auto run 1 level 8 Mission? The ones who average between 300-500 fuel a week?

KHill

KHill
  • 200 posts

You mean the guys who no longer have to buy fuel really because they can easily grind the entire map for fuel drops + fuel drop rate increasing books every day in the time it takes me and you to auto run 1 level 8 Mission? The ones who average between 300-500 fuel a week?

Seriously Krono, Your Whining about the same topic is annoying!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel, war, tasks, deadline, top five, alliance, contributing, incentive, competition, reward