Photo

Some Ideas

Dogs Pets Flashbangs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

rjayoneohone

rjayoneohone
  • 165 posts

Here are some ideas I've been thinking about for the game. Don't know if they've been done before and I'm too lazy to use the search functions as some forum Nazis will no doubt point out :)

Here goes

1. Pet Dogs

Pets have been proposed before but I'm talking only pet dogs because the model and some of the coding for my idea already exists

Dogs will be able to :

In missions :

Do melee damage to zombies and also maybe scavenge? as in retrieve.

In Raids :

Sniff out traps/ suppress survivors by barking and melee damage

Dogs would replace survivors on missions or maybe an extra slot for them?

Also you would need to build a kennel for them and they would have food/water cost associated with them like all survivors

Different breeds would have different specializations like pitbulls would better at suppressing german shephards would have better trap detection and golden retrievers faster scav speed etc 

2. Flashbangs (also known as flingable monkey poo)

Flashbangs would be an active gear that can cause instant suppression for 2-3 seconds on survivors and can maybe stun zombies for a bit? (flingable monkey poo would look so much more awesome though)

3. AP rounds but those i know have been discussed in detail so wont go into that

they require some work but i think they could be fun features

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

1. Has been suggested a thousand times, think con posted in one on the old forums saying it will never happen.

2. I have suggested flash bangs before, while they would be useful in raiding, whats the point of stunning a zombie.

3. I think the ammo idea topic is still on the first page, if not AP rounds have been suggested before in many different ways.

KaH

KaH
  • 123 posts

yeah , I highly doubt Con is gonna had Dogs.... even though I love the idea =)

about the flashbangs would be useful in raiding +1

Edited by kaH_, 18 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

rjayoneohone

rjayoneohone
  • 165 posts

1. Has been suggested a thousand times, think con posted in one on the old forums saying it will never happen.

Then lets keep suggesting it till he folds. (like that'll ever happen)

2. I have suggested flash bangs before, while they would be useful in raiding, whats the point of stunning a zombie.

Survivors getting gang banged can toss one to stop the zombs in their tracks and run to the exits? would be pretty useful in a pinch i think.

3. I think the ammo idea topic is still on the first page, if not AP rounds have been suggested before in many different ways.

Yup hence my not going into details about them.

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

Zombie lore is pretty consistant about zombies being unstunable.  Unless you are talking about magic zombies, which can be stunned by holy water... but i don't think this is that kind of game.

I do like flash bangs, but I am concerned at the growing power difference between non active gear using AI defenders and the active gear using attackers... so probably no new PVP active gear should be introduced. (perhaps some PVE active gear would be good, since we have none now)

AP rounds are much needed, or at least more damage types for ranged weapons.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

1. He will not fold on this one, he sort of folded in grenade launchers but they will never happen (even though the majority of the player base thinks its a good idea, most the forum hates it) Con doesn't really fold, he just starts ignoring things.

2. still doesn't make sense to use against zombies, the parts of the brain and body that a flashbang effects isn't really active.

3. then why post it in the first place?

rjayoneohone

rjayoneohone
  • 165 posts

Zombie lore is pretty consistant about zombies being unstunable.  Unless you are talking about magic zombies, which can be stunned by holy water... but i don't think this is that kind of game.

2. still doesn't make sense to use against zombies, the parts of the brain and body that a flashbang effects isn't really active.

Quite true but then we aren't really fighting zombies now are we :)

1. He will not fold on this one, he sort of folded in grenade launchers but they will never happen (even though the majority of the player base thinks its a good idea, most the forum hates it) Con doesn't really fold, he just starts ignoring things.

Yeah that is unfortunate kills some ideas with awesome potential :/

3. then why post it in the first place?

Because if it's ever done i want to be one of the many people who will say I CAME UP WITH THAT!!! jk like i said just some things I've been thinking about

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Apologies for going slightly off topic but PLEASE stop with f******** launchers. Con has not folded on them. The only evidence I have seen that even might be mis-construed as that is him saying "anything is possible"

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

I was using it as an example, and in context he said they might exist as opposed to saying they will not. What I meant to say is the following. Con doesn't fold the most he might do is change a strait up NO to a maybe but highly unlikely. Sorry if I confused you.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

-snip-

Except Crayola suggested flash bangs first. . . not you via Crayol's M84 idea http://forum.conarti...ctive-gear-m84/

You suggested them April 25 2013. Crayola suggested them April 13, 2013, 12 days before you.

1. Recons are meant for finding traps, hence the name "recon". So dogs shouldn't be able to detect traps.

2. Read my reply to warbrand.

3. Armor piercing rounds? They've been suggested before, but since you suggested no stats for the AP rounds, I can't really say anything about them. . .

Edited by Dead Generations, 18 October 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Dogs have been suggested. Mind you would like to see them as a mission only survivor that must be accompanied with customizeable "Breeding" charts (Cash shop, change dog species) can be trained (Leveled) to do specific things (Attack, Spot Range, Increase Generic Loot found per plot)....

This sadly is very low on a priority list, and would be best saved for after the main game components are finished.

Note: Do yourself and others a favor, break up non-crossing ideas. Also use search.

Other wise discussions will lean to one idea only, and other ideas will be ignored

Edited by Rose Mantis, 19 October 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dogs, Pets, Flashbangs