Photo

Armor Games - Connect Error - 24th October 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Read the post heading. ARMOR GAMES CONNECT ERROR. LEARN TO READ.

You don't have to a jerk about it, be polite unless if they are obviously and repeatedly thick.

Kazure

Kazure
  • 51 posts

Well it isnt that bad at all :)

I cant log in, but since Killing Floor got the Halloween Update Yesterday i can still slaughter Zombies :)

frijolito

frijolito
  • 231 posts

Dang didnt think it would take this long to sort..

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Hello Con Dev Team

Well the "connect error" is still happening. I thought it was my system so I went to a lot of trouble to test, clean, and re-test using DZ. Then went over to a few other gaming sites and no problem there. I see from the above you do not have control with user authorization. Maybe you should and ensure that this never happens again. I for one am getting DZ "joanzes"! {smile} I need my Zombie fix... now!

The Benzoids just don't do it for me anymore. HELP! lol

Seriously, it is Oct 24th 7:20am EST and this has been going on for too long. I have four suggestions:

- Take control of the authorization yourself

- Should this happen again save us some time and email us so we don't waste our life trying to determine if it's our system or not

- Put in place a re-direct web page that takes us away from the error and lets us know what's what and estimated time before it's fixed

- Re-email us when the problem has been resolved so we're not being disappointed when ready to play

That's what we used to do back in the day. These days I'm a retired writer and play games, but I like having a DZ fix in the morning with my coffee.

Don't forget...

In exactly 7 days the ghosts, ghouls and goblins come out, so maybe this is Murphy's Law kicking in early on you for making Jack-o-Lanterns into Bombs! lol

Good luck,

Rowdy Rhodes

Rick_Grimes

Rick_Grimes
  • 32 posts

Nooo! :3 haha how about our boosts?

ackNnak

ackNnak
  • 51 posts

It's 8:00am EST and I'm still seeing a "Connect Error"  This has been happening for about 12 hours.  Interestingly, it was working fine at the office on AG.  I only got the error at home when I tried to re-enter my game.

botak2012

botak2012
  • 3 posts

Still waiting ... hopefully AG team can solve this issue as soon as they can. I got nothing to do this morning except for killing zombies. But, unfortunately, the zombies had invaded AG office. I wish I can help to defend the office compound but seems like the zombies are too smart this time by bringing along their gadgets to hack into the server. They are trying to eliminate our defend for the cause of zombies survival. But wait, I believe that AG team are much smarter than zombies. Bringing along the whole expertise, they can solve this issue and eliminate the zombies treat.

Watch out zombies, we'll be back! We'll slaughter u as what we had done before.

For the mankind!!! Banzaiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 287 posts

Wow...people get cranky when they don't get their Dead Zone fix. At least you know you have a hit, Con.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Snip

It's out of their hands, it's like blaming Google for your problems when your internet goes out.

Edited by Ancient Evil of Halloween, 24 October 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 287 posts

Right now, it's 6:30 AM in Irvine, CA, where Armor Games is located, and still no word from them on Facebook, Twitter, or their blog about the issue. I really feel like their head web developer went home for the night several hours ago and has not been working through the night, but I hope he's hitting this problem hard this morning. Get your Starbucks, and get to work, sir!

Your lack of progress at work is contributing to my abundance of progress at work!

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 24 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

Yeah, I've had this problem soon. I hope AG gets everything up and running soon, I have Haunted Metal to search for!

Thanks for keeping us informed Con, we really appreciate it.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Your lack of progress at work is contributing to my abundance of progress at work!

Egads! QUICK FIX THE SERVERS ARMOR GAMES HE'S BEING AN ASSET TO SOCIETY AT LARGE!

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts

it is still happening con seriously fix it i need my zombies 

ZeRoFatality

ZeRoFatality
  • 82 posts

I feel like Con may be misleading us.

- Apparently facebook accounts are down too. Not just AG

- I tried a couple of other games on AG, including The Last Stand: Union City. All working just fine

- I can't believe that their "lead web guy" would take over 12 hours to fix this. Either he didn't work on it, or the problem is much bigger; in which case I would expect a follow-up announcement by Con

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

- I tried a couple of other games on AG, including The Last Stand: Union City. All working just fine

- I can't believe that their "lead web guy" would take over 12 hours to fix this. Either he didn't work on it, or the problem is much bigger; in which case I would expect a follow-up announcement by Con

Hey!

If Con can't get in to his own creation, then this must be a MASSIVE problem.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Omergerd it's a conspiracy Con and his team are plotting to ... steal all the ... kill all the ... eat all the ... something the something; no I can't think of a good reason. But I can think of a good reasons to rebuke your statement.

1) Apparently doesn't pay the bills, apparently I have a golden skeleton in my closet. That statement is based on hearsay.

2) Try their MMO's their authorisation servers aren't working, Con didn't say anything about their standard games.

3) It's called sleep, you know that thing which people do after a hard day at work. As Lefty Grimes stated it's 6:30 am for them.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

If Facebook basically redirects the player to AG servers, then any problem affecting AG servers would affect FB and possibly Kong as well. (I don't play Kong, and haven't heard about the situation over there).

A standard flash game doesn't need to connect to a server. Only MMOs need servers. In the meantime, why not revisit the old TLS games while we're waiting for this to be fixed.

3) It's called sleep, you know that thing which people do after a hard day at work. As Lefty Grimes stated it's 6:30 am for them.

^This

"An error occurred, you've reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

If Con can't get in to his own creation, then this must be a MASSIVE problem.

Exactly. Con is not the highest authority when it comes to anything hosted on AG. AG has it's own technical staff, who Con probably has to answer to on some matters. While Con is the highest authority for this game in particular, he is not responsible for the maintenance of AG servers. Cut him some slack, he's probably scrambling to get what he can done as we speak.

Edited by LPGD, 24 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

blade918

blade918
  • 2 posts

I'm starting to twitch like a zombie,,,,I NEED my fix.

ZeRoFatality

ZeRoFatality
  • 82 posts

Omergerd it's a conspiracy Con and his team are plotting to ... steal all the ... kill all the ... eat all the ... something the something; no I can't think of a good reason. But I can think of a good reasons to rebuke your statement.

1) Apparently doesn't pay the bills, apparently I have a golden skeleton in my closet. That statement is based on hearsay.

2) Try their MMO's their authorisation servers aren't working, Con didn't say anything about their standard games.

Omergerd, someone has a hard-on for the devs!

All I suggested was that things are not as they appear to be. If there was a single update after the initial post and going silent, I would be reassured. It's like the MTA telling you that there's a delay in train traffic in the subways, when they're probably investigating a tip-off or have a sick passenger or something.

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Omergerd, someone has a hard-on for the devs!

All I suggested was that things are not as they appear to be. If there was a single update after the initial post and going silent, I would be reassured. It's like the MTA telling you that there's a delay in train traffic in the subways, when they're probably investigating a tip-off or have a sick passenger or something.

I'll put on my tinfoil hat, what is CAG's end goal? What are they planning?