Photo

Crafting Gear

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

absalom7

absalom7
  • 14 posts

So I have a lvl 9 Gear Bench, and it of course includes schematics for things like Hardened Slugs and Maintained Trap Tools, etc.

I noticed that when you recycle things like hardened ammo, you get, predictably, hardened metal as a extra component. Same goes for the tracer rounds and the Hardened ammo mod. Likewise, recycling Green Trap Tools will get you heavy fabric as an ex. comp.

What I don't understand is why, to craft these items from the weapons bench, they all (with the exception of ammo mods from scratch) require the use of small machined parts, which for me at least, is one of the hardest "special" crafting components to come by.

Now if recycling the aforementioned gear returned the SMP, I wouldn't mind, but the fact that I put in SMP and get out, say Hardened Metal or Heavy Fabric, is a little bit confusing, especially when I know the developers try to be extremely fair and logical in their design decisions. Anyone familiar with why Con went with this particular choice of necessary material?

I know it's a little bit specific, but I was hoping to get some insight into the logic behind this. I'm not objecting necessarily, but I'd certainly like to understand the rationale.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

So I have a lvl 9 Gear Bench, and it of course includes schematics for things like Hardened Slugs and Maintained Trap Tools, etc.

I noticed that when you recycle things like hardened ammo, you get, predictably, hardened metal as a extra component. Same goes for the tracer rounds and the Hardened ammo mod. Likewise, recycling Green Trap Tools will get you heavy fabric as an ex. comp.

What I don't understand is why, to craft these items from the weapons bench, they all (with the exception of ammo mods from scratch) require the use of small machined parts, which for me at least, is one of the hardest "special" crafting components to come by.

Now if recycling the aforementioned gear returned the SMP, I wouldn't mind, but the fact that I put in SMP and get out, say Hardened Metal or Heavy Fabric, is a little bit confusing, especially when I know the developers try to be extremely fair and logical in their design decisions. Anyone familiar with why Con went with this particular choice of necessary material?

I know it's a little bit specific, but I was hoping to get some insight into the logic behind this. I'm not objecting necessarily, but I'd certainly like to understand the rationale.

Wait... yeah! You're right! Why would slugs require small machined parts? 

+1'd.