Photo

Abandonment Lockout

Lockout

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

I couldn't find a topic to put this on, sorry but I feel like i really need to get this across. I understand the need for abandonment lock out, I stopped using chrome, optimized IE instead, done everything I can, and half way through a totally successful raid, I crash. I am frustrated to no end. This has happened to me 4 times, the first two I used chrome, no biggy. The next two I used IE, still crashing halfway through raids. I could be topping my alliance, but this persistent issue is making me lose hair ;~:. Can any adjustment be done for the lockout at all? Its only 2 hours into the war and I'm beat by this persistent ache.

Edited by Saacool, 28 October 2013 - 04:40 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,110 posts

What do you mean by "crashing"?

Are you getting disconnection errors, save fails or white screen crashes?

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Its not white screen, or save fail. I'm certain every time i "crash" the screen goes grey (the default color) and a text box with some mention about the server pops up. I'll be trying again in 30 minutes or so, I'll give a more accurate description if it happens again.

Edited by Saacool, 28 October 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

side note on abandon lock out, the timer does not start when you "abandon" a raid it starts when you get back into the game. Very annoying when you DC and can not get back into the game until after hours of trying, then you get another hour of being locked out.  Please start the timer when the DC happens.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Well, I raided twice more using IE, and I haven't "crashed" again, although members of my alliance continue to suffer from it.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Well, I raided twice more using IE, and I haven't "crashed" again, although members of my alliance continue to suffer from it.

IE is the most stable for Flash Programs for me, second to Google Chrome, with Firefox being the fastest browser, but unable to handle heavy loads as well... from what i've observed mind you.

Brestel

Brestel
  • 1 posts

I was goin wonderfull on a Raid PVP, i have taken the flag(14 war points) and then i changed side and started to kill the survivors of the houselord, till suddenly  crush/disconnection.

It says refresh.i ask for help, no veteran in. so i refreshed.

I get in try to understand what happened and i see red capita letters near my alliance name ABANDONED LOCKOUT, like im a nazi war criminal or sth.

Iask again no veteran around to explain. i get in here and read and it says that the lockout is 2 hours.other people say its two hours after that raid team comes back.other people say 1 hour after they return.

How much time and when it starts counting the abandoned lockout?
also why do we have to get punished cause we have  bad interbnet or cause  a random disconnection happened.?

Nbody wants to abandon a raid that he/she had already take the flag..

i mean for the love of god, its unfair, i cant control how chrome operates,if a random server crush happens or if my net connection falls down.

Why should i get punished, forbidden to take raid points and propably lose the war box reward cause arandom disconnection happened?

Last but not least Last stand is my favourite game, thanks con for all the fun and the good gaming hours you given us :):)

Yours Faithfully , Brestel

also known as (my main acc) Brethilsun.

Take care Con.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

I was goin wonderfull on a Raid PVP, i have taken the flag(14 war points) and then i changed side and started to kill the survivors of the houselord, till suddenly  crush/disconnection.

It says refresh.i ask for help, no veteran in. so i refreshed.

I get in try to understand what happened and i see red capita letters near my alliance name ABANDONED LOCKOUT, like im a nazi war criminal or sth.

Iask again no veteran around to explain. i get in here and read and it says that the lockout is 2 hours.other people say its two hours after that raid team comes back.other people say 1 hour after they return.

How much time and when it starts counting the abandoned lockout?
also why do we have to get punished cause we have  bad interbnet or cause  a random disconnection happened.?

Nbody wants to abandon a raid that he/she had already take the flag..

i mean for the love of god, its unfair, i cant control how chrome operates,if a random server crush happens or if my net connection falls down.

Why should i get punished, forbidden to take raid points and propably lose the war box reward cause arandom disconnection happened?

Last but not least Last stand is my favourite game, thanks con for all the fun and the good gaming hours you given us :):)

Yours Faithfully , Brestel

also known as (my main acc) Brethilsun.

Take care Con.

Well, the abandoned lockout was implemented because people would keep just refreshing the game if the raid was going bad, avoiding any return time penalties. Unfortunately, from the game's point of view it's impossible to distinguish between a disconnection, a crash and an intentional page refresh, so this penalty has to apply to all three cases.

So yes, we are the ones to blame for that.

Also, Godwin's Law. It does not help your post, so I guess that's where the downvotes come from.

Edited by Lana Woo, 24 November 2016 - 03:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lockout