Photo

"illegal Placement" Makes Tire Stacks (i Paid For) Worthless.

structures buildings defense PvP

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

I noticed almost my first week that the placement 'rules' for structures were not commutative. That is, you could place things in certain formations if you moved one structure, but not another even if the end result was the same. Namely you could move the ends of barricades flush against almost any building thereby incorporating that structure into an 'unbroken' line.

I didn't think much about it. I just assumed that things like gardens and outhouses were were easy to destroy (and then walk through) and that was why I've never seen anyone else do this. Thus I only used this as a secondary perimeter with wires/stakes barricades, which are also easy to destroy.

My problem with this update is that over the months I BOUGHT 28 Tire Stacks and Flaming Oil Drums to place between my barricades and in other various places to plug up holes. Note that they could NOT be made flush with one another or non-Barricades, so there was a natural limit to how many (and where) they could be used. I also used them to channel zombies into Wire Traps.

Now they are worthless.

I normally wouldn't care but I spent 750 fuel (two of the tire stacks cost 50 not 25) and now I can't use these stupid things for anything. I'm not sure you (CON) considered that some structures are buyable, and are now worthless if one (formerly) used them like I did.

---

I would like my 750 fuel back (I won't hold my breath waiting) or, BETTER yet, allow Tire Stacks/Oil Drums (and other one space BUYABLE structures) to again be placed flush against the ends of Barricades (against ALL 3 spaces as before).

(On a related note, the placement restrictions on Wire Traps, are way too restrictive, and  (ironically) you can STILL place them 'illegally' in two of the four directions. I guess you have more coding to do, or undo).

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

I doubt you'll get a refund for the fuel you spent on these cosmetics, because their purpose was not to tactically plug up holes in your defense. Because here's the main point, they're cosmetics, not defensive barriers. The fact that you used them as such is but a convenience and I think the update was for this exact purpose. At least you have a lot of tires and oil drums to design your base with. Maybe place them to write "help".

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

It makes the compound I spent an entire day to build.....completely worthless.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I doubt you'll get a refund for the fuel you spent on these cosmetics, because their purpose was not to tactically plug up holes in your defense. Because here's the main point, they're cosmetics, not defensive barriers. The fact that you used them as such is but a convenience and I think the update was for this exact purpose. At least you have a lot of tires and oil drums to design your base with. Maybe place them to write "help".

Pretty much this. The tires were never intended to be defensive structures, only to add cosmetic flavor to your compound.

Royalblood

Royalblood
  • 115 posts

We probably won't get our refund but what I hate the most is having to change my whole compound because i connected skull stacks with barricades to make them look cool.......yea......a pain in the ass re-arranging..

bedu

bedu
  • 1 posts

I agree with bongo, snugle, and Blood, the sudden requirement to change building placement that you spent hours to figure out is unfair.  It has been great playing Dead Zone, but that is one change too many for me.  Enjoy.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Tyre stacks are sold as decoration items. The description of them is "Mark out your territory. Give your compound that junkyard look. Decorate with *insert colour* tyres today" At no point are they described as defensive buildings 

The reason the Illegal placement message has been appearing is to stop people in alliances and raider from using it to exploit bugs such as this one http://forum.conarti...eing-exploited/ that were ruining the alliance wars for a great number of people

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

You do realize that Premo buildings arent meant for defense right? They are meant for looks.

Aggromemnon

Aggromemnon
  • 31 posts

I have had to completely redesign my compound, and pretty much abandon my successful (up to now) zombie defenses because of invalid placement.  Since my wiretraps will no longer fit flush against my gates, the zombies just walk right around them, and tear down the gates/barricades they used to protect.  Blows.

Edited by Aggromemnon, 28 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Aggromemnon

Aggromemnon
  • 31 posts

I have had to completely redesign my compound, and pretty much abandon my successful (up to now) zombie defenses because of invalid placement.  Since my wiretraps will no longer fit flush against my gates, the zombies just walk right around them, and tear down the gates/barricades they used to protect.  Blows.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

You shouldn't need traps to stop zombie attacks anyway.

President Bongo

President Bongo
  • 118 posts

You do realize that Premo buildings arent meant for defense right? They are meant for looks.

If they are only meant for decoration then why do they have a 'defense value'. It is a low value (red) but a 'decoration' shouldn't have ANY defensive value. :P

You shouldn't need traps to stop zombie attacks anyway.

Spoken like a DMU user. If you have 10 defenders then yea, you don't need ANY structures/traps to hold off zombie attacks. But for those of us not blessed with a DMU, sometimes you get caught with only  6, 4, or even 2 defenders. Then you definitely DO need your Wire Traps to slow down the Rudees (reanimated dead).

---

I don't really care that much. I've been on the verge of quitting for a long time. I just thought the Tire Stacks between my Barricades looked cool, and now they just look silly piled up around the edge of my compound. Also some people (not me) might have actually paid real cash money for these structures, and have now been ripped off.

If they don't buy them back I'm tempted to just keep buying Tire Stacks until EVERY (other) square outside my compound is filled. I wonder if raiding a person with 300+ Tire Stacks would cause peoples computers to lag, and cause them to fail? ;)

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

Spoken like a DMU user. If you have 10 defenders then yea, you don't need ANY structures/traps to hold off zombie attacks. But for those of us not blessed with a DMU, sometimes you get caught with only  6, 4, or even 2 defenders. Then you definitely DO need your Wire Traps to slow down the Rudees (reanimated dead).

Lolwut? I play on Kong, we're the only server that DOESN'T have the DMU as an option. Nice try.

If you need your other defenders, refresh the page and wait until they come back - it resets the horde attack. You shouldn't be defending without all your survivors anyway, as compound attacks are a great way to get all of your survivors a good chunk of XP. You can make the infected attack happen on your terms.

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts

If they are only meant for decoration then why do they have a 'defense value'. It is a low value (red) but a 'decoration' shouldn't have ANY defensive value. :P

All buildings have a "defensive value."
Beds, recyclers, and showers all have "defensive value."
Just because they have a cover rating doesnt mean it has defensive utility.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

All buildings have a "defensive value."
Beds, recyclers, and showers all have "defensive value."
Just because they have a cover rating doesnt mean it has defensive utility.

This.

Putting tire barriers in between two barricades may look cool, but is like intentionally putting holes in your defenses (from a cover standpoint).

Aggromemnon

Aggromemnon
  • 31 posts

If you need your other defenders, refresh the page and wait until they come back - it resets the horde attack. You shouldn't be defending without all your survivors anyway, as compound attacks are a great way to get all of your survivors a good chunk of XP. You can make the infected attack happen on your terms.

didn't know that, thx!

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

I do not own the DMU, and with a bit of micromanagement my compound can hold out against a level 29 zombie horde with only 4 survivors present- no traps. 

This.

Putting tire barriers in between two barricades may look cool, but is like intentionally putting holes in your defenses (from a cover standpoint).

Agreed.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

I'm glad that I retired from raiding early. With this invalid cow moos the game and me being so lazy to rebuild the compound, I might as well just continue playing PvEs.

I'm so happy that I did not buy any halloween decos now. Jealousy from viewing DG's compound removed! ;)

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

Ok let me reword what i said. You should not make then a key component to your base defense layout. I mean just because they have some cover to them doesnt mean that they are good defense. I mean our outhouses have cover values, but they doesnt mean i use them for my defense.

Edited by Freedom Fighter, 30 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

Hezm

Hezm
  • 434 posts

This whole crappy update was made because there were couple of douchebags who had found a way to block doorways so you couldn't enter the building. It didn't even work, their doorways are still blocked just the same.

I hope when devs REALLY fix this issue they will allow us again to place building as before the update.

edit: typos

Edited by Hezm, 03 November 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: structures, buildings, defense, PvP