I've been playing for around a couple months now and it's gotten to the point where just seeing a supply box sends me into a fit of rage. I understand Con needs to fund the game but these supply boxes are set up poorly if that is their design.
1. most the rewards suck and get recycled as soon as you get them.
2. Shouldn't a person be happy to see a supply box, just like a person would be happy to see a freshly looted rare or unique, but that is not the case because supply boxes are a penalty, an unexpected expense with no likely reward, and yet another thing to click click click to remove from a already cramped inventory.
3. To focus more on the expense portion of this argument supply boxes cannot be opened without a fuel purchased key, or traded with a player who purchased a key with fuel. Why not skip this process and just make supply boxes purchasable from the shop and remove the need for the key?
4. The fuel price to open a box versus the chance to win a item worth the fuel used to open it is extremely disproportionate. Change the rewards to less level dependent items, such as Looter books, a chance at 50 or 100 fuel, exclusive supply chest only clothing, and a chance at a unique item.
5. Make supply boxes so that they ALWAYS reward with something that is considered useful, anything that is suppose to support the game should have a positive outcome for both Con and the player spending time or money on this game. Inflation shouldn't be a problem as long as the rewards have a proper shelf life and chance to win versus rarity odds.
Most rare's in the game kinda suck from what I've seen, there are some freaks of course but so far I trade off rares as soon as I can get rid of them so I don't look at them as rewarding for the most part, would love to see them buffed but that's a different subject.
This topic would fit nicely in the feedback forums and what not but I prefer to see what other players think than submit a more concise summery of their collective input. Because all of this is my opinion and I'd like to know how much of it is shared and how much of it is just me venting in a forum.
p.s. I've spent around 1500 fuel on keys and another 4k on crafting so I'm not just a free-to-play-player complaining about how credit cards are needed for some aspects of a game.