Photo

Tired Of Supply Boxes?

supply box

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

I've been playing for around a couple months now and it's gotten to the point where just seeing a supply box sends me into a fit of rage. I understand Con needs to fund the game but these supply boxes are set up poorly if that is their design.

1. most the rewards suck and get recycled as soon as you get them.

2. Shouldn't a person be happy to see a supply box, just like a person would be happy to see a freshly looted rare or unique, but that is not the case because supply boxes are a penalty, an unexpected expense with no likely reward, and yet another thing to click click click to remove from a already cramped inventory. 

3. To focus more on the expense portion of this argument  supply boxes cannot be opened without a fuel purchased key, or traded with a player who purchased a key with fuel. Why not skip this process and just make supply boxes purchasable from the shop and remove the need for the key?

4. The fuel price to open a box versus the chance to win a item worth the fuel used to open it is extremely disproportionate. Change the rewards to less level dependent items, such as Looter books, a chance at 50 or 100 fuel, exclusive supply chest only clothing, and a chance at a unique item.

5. Make supply boxes so that they ALWAYS reward with something that is considered useful, anything that is suppose to support the game should have a positive outcome for both Con and the player spending time or money on this game. Inflation shouldn't be a problem as long as the rewards have a proper shelf life and chance to win versus rarity odds.

Most rare's in the game kinda suck from what I've seen, there are some freaks of course but so far I trade off rares as soon as I can get rid of them so I don't look at them as rewarding for the most part, would love to see them buffed but that's a different subject.

This topic would fit nicely in the feedback forums and what not but I prefer to see what other players think than submit a more concise summery of their collective input. Because all of this is my opinion and I'd like to know how much of it is shared and how much of it is just me venting in a forum. 

p.s. I've spent around 1500 fuel on keys and another 4k on crafting so I'm not just a free-to-play-player complaining about how credit cards are needed for some aspects of a game.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

Another option would be to allow supply boxes to be recycled, either have them recycle for fuel or ammo or maybe something like 100 of each resource. I just want feel like I got rewarded with SOMETHING when I pick up a supply box.

asyataka

asyataka
  • 111 posts

Another option would be to allow supply boxes to be recycled, either have them recycle for fuel or ammo or maybe something like 100 of each resource. I just want feel like I got rewarded with SOMETHING when I pick up a supply box.

If they may be recycled, let you receive the components of the item, that was in the box :)

p.s. dispose them if you think, that gambling for unique (or other worthy item) is too expensive;

Pelocho

Pelocho
  • 14 posts

I'm more tired of vests tbh...

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts

I just recycled them

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

I just recycled them

No, you didn't ,since they can only be deleted which is my complaint.

Supply boxes should either be removed from the game or redesigned so they end up being a reward and not just an annoyance or expense.

Rancidrevenant

Rancidrevenant
  • 39 posts

i agree, even with a moderate upgraded fuel gene, and finding cans of fuel i say that these things are kinda not worth it..

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

If they were less of level dependant items, BUT contained RANDOM UNIQUES, tell me how this would work? Would the unique be a random level? Im guessing yes, then explain how a level 21 Unique would fall into a level 5's lap.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

ALSO. This thread should be moved to feedback/ideas topic.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts
I've opened a few and guess what I got? Crap. Totally agree.

Crayola

Crayola
  • 233 posts

In my opinion, there should be an option to find HERC boxes, I have no use for them, and I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I have almost 2 pages full of the things simply because I'm too lazy to delete them and iike seeing a page of shiny gold.

I'll likely never open any of them. The free keycard I used gave me junk.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

The Halloween boxes were nice. six out of seven items were junk, but the seventh was an Ash's Right hand... and the keys costed only 20 fuel.

The idea was good. I say keep the same box contents (with a different premium per box), bring the keys up to 35 fuel, and you've hit the spot.

Edited by Nicol_Djaghilev, 23 April 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

ya, lower the price of keys would help, it's all about getting the proper risk versus reward ratio balanced out.

I think a daily award would be nice as well, possibly awarding a key for logging on daily

Maybe make it so a key can be created via workbenches with a 24 hour cool down and make it cost resources like the fuel generator.

Point is, as it stands, supply boxes are a pain

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

ya, lower the price of keys would help, it's all about getting the proper risk versus reward ratio balanced out.

I think a daily award would be nice as well, possibly awarding a key for logging on daily

Maybe make it so a key can be created via workbenches with a 24 hour cool down and make it cost resources like the fuel generator.

Point is, as it stands, supply boxes are a pain

Not to sound like an ass, but the Fuel generator and the fuel cap are a kind of daily rewards when you think about it.

Plus i don't think supply keys should be craftable... not if the price went down at least.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

__The fuel cap isn't even all that obvious, like I want to know how players found out about it because I never saw anything while playing the game that said there was a fuel cap. Although from the amount of evidence in the forums in regards to its' existence leads me to believe that there is one.

__The fuel generator is a semi daily reward, I believe it's 48 hours if I'm right and it can be raided so it's far from a guarantee, I very much like it though don't get me wrong.

__Crafting a daily key was just a thought thrown out there, I doubt I would spend 35 fuel for keys or 30, or even 20 with the current rewards found in supply boxes. If the contents of the box were guaranteed to always net me something I wouldn't recycle the second I got it than that opinion would change. These aren't instant scratch lottery tickets, these are meant to fund a game and reward players, there is no reason that they can't do both all the time. 

Darg

Darg
  • 109 posts

Im really annoyed when I loot those useless boxes. Not only you cant recycle them (for at least some components), you have to throw them away while the space they took in mission area, could be used for any other more useful item but also with the indroduction of this "silly" clothing stuff, Con obviously have buffed droprate of series 8 herc boxes which made it even more annoing.

Also regarding new series 8 boxes, not only they contain the same old useless stuff, but now, the books (which were imo good thing from amongst all you usually got from box) were replaced with useless cosmetic hats n clothing (OHEMGE 1% BONUS WIEIWEIW!).

Fuel cap was mentioned on wiki, and it really looks like there is one. I do a lot of missions and its really suspicious that no matter how many i do, i get once pert day 10 fuel from single large hardware store which i raid almost accurately every 24 hours (the time in which they are unlocked again) and after that, for the rest of my raids i get not a single drop of fuel.

Edited by Darg, 24 April 2013 - 04:32 PM.

tuttuttut

tuttuttut
  • 23 posts

Be nice if we could use the boxes to make barricades, got enough of them and they are apparently very resistant to damage.

LindenBrah

LindenBrah
  • 241 posts

I agree man I have over 70 HERC boxes and keep them in the hopes of someone daring or stupid enough to spend hard earned and expensive fuel to take a 1/1000 chance for a good item. :/// 

This needs to be fixed

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

Theres should be a misc section on the recycler, allowing us to mass dump these boxes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supply box