Photo

Tired Of Supply Boxes?

supply box

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

there should be a mass dump option period, such a time sink to individually click on stacks of junk to either delete or recycle them. I understand clicking for recycling, but clicking for just deleting something shouldn't exist, we should be allowed to trash 3000 telephone wire with just a couple clicks.

Apparently a inventory update is coming soon unfortunately it's coming AFTER the release of new item content. So that 500 inventory limit is going to be put to the test. Hence why I want supply boxes to be less of a pain in the neck to deal with.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Sensible inventory management means that 500 inventory slots is plenty.

Do you really need more than 1 page of weapons, one page of gear and 10 books (maximum seeing as you can only use 4 at a time) and any schematics you can trade for something worthwhile

If you don't use it, get rid of it. If you have better, get rid of it.

Junk and components stack so no problem there. Using this, My inventory is around the 270/500 area. Being more ruthless, I could drop another 10 odd items easily

Monster_Con

Monster_Con
  • 2 posts

Or supply boxes can supply resources and food and water and do not need a key to open, but can be opened anytime.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

Sensible inventory management means that 500 inventory slots is plenty.

Do you really need more than 1 page of weapons, one page of gear and 10 books (maximum seeing as you can only use 4 at a time) and any schematics you can trade for something worthwhile

If you don't use it, get rid of it. If you have better, get rid of it.

Junk and components stack so no problem there. Using this, My inventory is around the 270/500 area. Being more ruthless, I could drop another 10 odd items easily

You can drive a car with the hood and doors all scratched to hell and 4 flat tires too, doesn't mean I want to. My complaint was that supply boxes are not working as intended and need to be fixed. I want this game to do well, therefore I want people to feel encouraged when encountering aspects of this game designed to help fund it, not discouraged.

If you look at some of my previous replies to other posts you'll find that you're inventory management statement is almost word for word identical to one of my own. Although I deal with a decent amount of trade stock so I tend to hover around 300/500.

Dvz

Dvz
  • 2 posts

the boxes need to be a reward not a punishment.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

Yes boxes should be less abundant and keys should cost less (and yes, you can earn your bread without ripping people off)

I'd like to see a single box dropped from anywhere in UC, with weapons/gear scaled down/up to your level.

Eg. You're level 25, you may unbox level 23-27 weapon/gear (a small level variable for immersion, right?).

This level scaling would scale upon either leader's level or whole team's average level.

My idea is in its first steps, but I'll be sure to update it as long as I have eureka effect :D

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

I agree man I have over 70 HERC boxes and keep them in the hopes of someone daring or stupid enough to spend hard earned and expensive fuel to take a 1/1000 chance for a good item. :/// 

This needs to be fixed

Holy shit. 70 spaces that could be better spent by storing anything else...

I just punt mine out of the way right after i find'em.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

Yes boxes should be less abundant and keys should cost less (and yes, you can earn your bread without ripping people off)

I'd like to see a single box dropped from anywhere in UC, with weapons/gear scaled down/up to your level.

Eg. You're level 25, you may unbox level 23-27 weapon/gear (a small level variable for immersion, right?).

This level scaling would scale upon either leader's level or whole team's average level.

My idea is in its first steps, but I'll be sure to update it as long as I have eureka effect :D

great feedback, I'll make sure to add this to the revised Idea post.

nisha1636

nisha1636
  • 5 posts

I have 27 boxes and I was going to buy cards to open them until I saw the prices.

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

Actually if you buy keys 5 at a time and assume each spot has a 1/8 chance of being picked the new fuel based boxes are not too bad of an investment. It is gambling but your expected return is slightly above the cost of keys at the 5 pack costs. If you assume a 1.7 chance as the final spot [premium item] seems to have a much lower chance the expected return is even higher.

Also if you have a decent item you don't have a use for and it isn't worth enough to trade for anything you need, you could always try to get a key for it.

Reverend

Reverend
  • 301 posts

Look at it like this:

Con needs to make money, as it stands right now the boxes are simply pointless seeing a most of the chances of fuel are half (or worse) the cost of the fuel to open it. The books are equally useless and the chance of a premium item is so rare that it might as well not even exist.....and a lot of us are way past the levels that a premium item would be useful at: Oh wow is that a level 20 battle axe? I wonder if I should give it to my level 42 character or one of my level 38 survivors. Every single member of my team has something better than the supposedly special premium item anyway.

So I get a box and the only thing I would want is the highest amount of fuel. Nothing else is even remotely worth it, I'd rather use that fuel on crafting und upgrading my weapons.

If the boxes were made as a money making scheme then the prizes contained within should be worth the cost of the fuel to open them, how many of us just scrap boxes because we dont want to waste our fuel?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supply box