Photo

Is Raiding A Good Idea?

raid boss recon base compound defence cool fighter leader engineer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

I raid very often, I was wondering if it is actually a good idea? I do it for resourses (mainly ammo) but usually it comes back to bite me, you know what I mean? Ive also been on the bounty list a couple of times because of it. Should I keep doing it, on not?

~meropo~

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

do you like it? than do it. You seem to understand the consequences. But primary focus should be on the exp and chance at getting fuel, resources are much faster to obtain from just normal auto missions.

meropo

meropo
  • 198 posts

do you like it? than do it. You seem to understand the consequences. But primary focus should be on the exp and chance at getting fuel, resources are much faster to obtain from just normal auto missions.

Man i love it! I also understand the consequences. Im all with you on the part of auto missions. I mainly do it for the thrill and xp I get. Fuel means almost nothing to me so it's not my main goal. Thanks fo the comment.

~meropo~

Edited by meropo, 19 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Ol Gilberts

Ol Gilberts
  • 4 posts

Do it for the exp. But don't level up too fast, because you don't want to be stuck on a high level with a few guns. 

master114

master114
  • 108 posts

I raid very often, I was wondering if it is actually a good idea? I do it for resourses (mainly ammo) but usually it comes back to bite me, you know what I mean? Ive also been on the bounty list a couple of times because of it. Should I keep doing it, on not?

~meropo~

when i attack an player i return with DEAD survivors.raiding has been hard from lvl 12+.the security is much better.also they have watchtowers...that means sniper,and sniper means 50% of survivor's health damaged in every shot!

General Lodish

General Lodish
  • 2 posts

when i attack an player i return with DEAD survivors.raiding has been hard from lvl 12+.the security is much better.also they have watchtowers...that means sniper,and sniper means 50% of survivor's health damaged in every shot!

I agree with you on all those points.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Depends, most of the time, raiding is good, sometimes better than scavenging missions if you're only looking for resources and XP. Equip the right books and you can gain more XP.

master114

master114
  • 108 posts

Depends, most of the time, raiding is good, sometimes better than scavenging missions if you're only looking for resources and XP. Equip the right books and you can gain more XP.

equip like:the chalenge book:that smart,ot the challenge book:WALLOPED.it's zombies advantages,but players aren't zombies...YEAH

Bratoev

Bratoev
  • 145 posts

Raiding is fun. Also without getting raided you will never ever improve your own defenses.

Cold_Hand

Cold_Hand
  • 235 posts

Raiding sometimes cool sometimes not........    i don't like raiding i just do revenge raid (retalliation) to my enemy  when they attack me

JHPinto

JHPinto
  • 619 posts

I mainly do it for the thrill... 

You've just answered your own question. What else could you be looking for when playing a game?

xp, resources, fuel... who really cares? They're just a means to that end.

Before, I would say, lvl 18-20 sometimes things can get a little hard for raiders specially if you don't have the DMU and u go against DMU owners, since they are most probably much well equipped than you. But as you get better weapons and gear things turn in favor of raiders again. 

Raiding is fun. Also without getting raided you will never ever improve your own defenses.

True as hell.

Edited by JHPinto, 06 June 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Grogmir

Grogmir
  • 5 posts

Love to raid. Been doing it since I hit level 10 and now level 16. Good source of supplies at this level due to poor defense setups.

Had my rear handed to me a couple of times now when going up against levels higher but thats part of the Lulz.

My top moment, took down all survivors... no loss. Clicked back on edge of area and my survivors chose a path I hadn't cleared. BOOOOOM! Four down and a lessen learnt.

ngatemi

ngatemi
  • 1 posts

why raid? be aware, raid is big part of the game.

1. its tactical war game, competition, and the game it self even give big reward for best raider.

2. pve is boring, low lv zombie just the same as high lv zombie, the difference only in zombie capacity.

3. just like other post holocaust survival (FALLOUT/ RESIDENT EVIL), its an hostile environment, do not expect peace and friendly entities nearby although there are many. Security matters.

other thing to consider when raiding:

1. although its not forbidden, do not raid for resources, its just robber/ thug, raid with honor target for warpoints and scav the ammo to cover raiding cost.

2. do not bully/trash other player, pick wisely, do not raid newcomer/ civilian (those with low warpoints less than 25 wp) this might discourage them and leave the game. less player means less interesting game and its not worth your time to play.

Invincible_Jo

Invincible_Jo
  • 69 posts

Yes, it is. You might find this helpful:

http://forum.conarti...s-for-starters/

Edited by Invincible_Jo, 17 March 2017 - 08:36 AM.

infiniteideal

infiniteideal
  • 51 posts

why raid? be aware, raid is big part of the game.

1. its tactical war game, competition, and the game it self even give big reward for best raider.

2. pve is boring, low lv zombie just the same as high lv zombie, the difference only in zombie capacity.

3. just like other post holocaust survival (FALLOUT/ RESIDENT EVIL), its an hostile environment, do not expect peace and friendly entities nearby although there are many. Security matters.

other thing to consider when raiding:

1. although its not forbidden, do not raid for resources, its just robber/ thug, raid with honor target for warpoints and scav the ammo to cover raiding cost.

2. do not bully/trash other player, pick wisely, do not raid newcomer/ civilian (those with low warpoints less than 25 wp) this might discourage them and leave the game. less player means less interesting game and its not worth your time to play.

Good. I even support the last point. I feel so guilty to 1 man kill 10 defenders of 20WP target. That's why I don't grab resources but I often be placed on bounty. Sorry for newbie. Forgive me.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 188 posts

No (nice revamp someone's been diggin)

ZeoLedcross

ZeoLedcross
  • 5 posts

No it is not a good idea. First off it uses a lot of time! Getting materials and storing them... you go out to look for items and as a casual gamer, i get raided! Been with this game for about 5 years. I see the damage done to my base and it is extensive. And i look at the time to repair them and materials needed. So not good. Done with this game. Thanks for the memories but this raiding thing is just not for me.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 455 posts

Been with this game for about 5 years. I see the damage done to my base and it is extensive. And i look at the time to repair them and materials needed. So not good. Done with this game. Thanks for the memories but this raiding thing is just not for me.

Uh... how can you be in the game for 5 years without being able to afford a White Flag?

I'm sorry, I'm just genuinely puzzled by that.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 378 posts

After playing this game from the beginning, I have to say no. There are way too many problems with raiding to participate in it.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Depends on what you want out the game. If a strong atmosphere type feel surviving an apocalypse behind a strong defence, forget it; because raiding is stacked up against the defender. In short, you can't defend against a determined raid. Hence why I don't bother anymore.

But on the other hand, some people enjoy the war and don't mind this aspect of the game, and love it. So it's entirely up to you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raid, boss, recon, base, compound, defence, cool, fighter, leader, engineer