Photo

When Is The Beta Going To Be Done? Cause Luck=loot!

betaCon gameplay loot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Honestly, I really want to keep playing until its finished, but its quite a bore playing an incomplete game and all the features haven't come out. The only reason I keep playing is to search for uniques and even doing that is losing its luster. Maybe I'm just frustrated in not finding uniques. The only way I can find them is to stack the books, but why would I waste the books when even the Luck mechanic is not even implemented.  I'm lv. 47 so I'm close to the "end" but what is there left to do, wait for more areas to open up? I just hope when they do open Union City Island, that the zombies pose a threat like if a person has the hardcore book equipped. I hope the zombies are impossibly hard to beat, but the loot is so worth the risk. But, it probably won't happen. And what happen to the minigun, bows and arrows, and the scavengers/medics extra stats. If you haven't figured it out how to implement it by now, just strap it all together or make those stats into books or something. I much rather waste my time playing Borderlands 2 than to keep playing this incomplete game. Just let me know when this game is complete, so I can slap on the white flag and rations book for my survivors. I will still be an active member on the forums posting ideas. Thx for letting me whine.

P.S. My survivors just walk around the warehouse part of the compound, not going outside and not doing anything other than just walking. I DO want this bug/glitch to be look at.

Edited by latech2012, 19 April 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

There IS an update right around the corner, y'know...

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

When its ready.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

There IS an update right around the corner, y'know...

Ok so what is it the last one or will it be another 3-5 months down the road before the game is complete.

When its ready.

Ok true but give me a date on when its ready. Like I said before, I rather waste my time in Borderlands 2 grinding for loot

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

I stand my earlier statement.

Dev's will rarely (if ever) give out release dates more than a few days in advance.  Generally people tend to be more upset when a developer misses a self-imposed deadline than if they don't give a release date in the first place.

Edited by Zingman, 20 April 2013 - 03:14 AM.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

I stand my earlier statement.

Dev's will rarely (if ever) give out release dates more than a few days in advance.  Generally people tend to me more upset when a developer misses a self-imposed deadline than if they don't give a release date in the first place.

You meant "be" instead of me and I'm not upset or am I self-imposing a deadline for the game's release. If Con or any of the developers find time from their busy schedule to answer my post and give me a definite answer, then its all good. If its as you say, and I won't get an answer until a few days before release, its still all good,

Edited by latech2012, 20 April 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

Luck will likely have nothing to do with getting better loot, if it does everyone will just roll around with 9 scavengers doing auto runs all day.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Luck will likely have nothing to do with getting better loot, if it does everyone will just roll around with 9 scavengers doing auto runs all day.

You say that likes its a bad thing...

Edited by latech2012, 20 April 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

You say that likes its a bad thing...

only because they designed the game with 5 classes, I doubt they will make it so only 1 of them get's used late game. It's bad enough with the current class "balance" already. One of the reasons I say that like it's a bad thing is because item inflation sucks, if luck makes it easier to get unique items it will contradict the point of what a unique is suppose to be. Which is a very rare and special item.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

OK I see your point about the current class system but honestly it all comes down to the player. So what if they make 5 class, if the player chooses to run with a team of medics, so be it. Also Im pretty sure Con won't make the same mistake with luck like he made with the 4% shiny when it came out. Just make the Luck mechanic powerful but not OP. Just enough to the point where a player can loot 1 unique maybe every 1-2 weeks?

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

only because they designed the game with 5 classes, I doubt they will make it so only 1 of them get's used late game. I

IIRc everyone gets luck. Last time I looked scavs had 16 to the fighter 12. YMMV based on level of course.

A bit of a difference but not enough to keep me from switching my scavs to fighter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: betaCon, gameplay, loot