Photo

Grief Relief

Pvp

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

One of the top alliances offered us a deal, I won't go into detail, but it was a terribly one sided agreement. We offered a more, balanced alternative, they declined. The other alliance started grieving our members.Here is a screen of one compound

http://snag.gy/T9OAs.jpg

This issue is pervasive throughout our alliance, and we have no choice but to repair and wait for the next raid.

Can anyone offer advice for our situation? 

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

Buy a white flag, this is part of war "They made you an offer you can't refuse" You refused, so now deal with the consequences, or improve your compounds.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Buy a white flag, this is part of war "They made you an offer you can't refuse" You refused, so now deal with the consequences, or improve your compounds.

White flags cease all raiding, we are third in the war, and we plan to stay in the running. Regardless thanks for the advice, but our alliance isn't going to wave any towels any time soon.

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

Im curious as to what all alliances are involved in this. If a top alliance, or any alliance, is being that dickish then they should be called out on it. 

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Im curious as to what all alliances are involved in this. If a top alliance, or any alliance, is being that dickish then they should be called out on it. 

Our alliance has rules against getting attention, albeit we are the ones who make the rules, and in respect to the other alliance we would generally shy away from calling them out. However, grievers can't be choosers, FKU or forever kong united, is the grieving alliance.

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts

Our alliance has rules against getting attention, albeit we are the ones who make the rules, and in respect to the other alliance we would generally shy away from calling them out. However, grievers can't be choosers, FKU or forever kong united, is the grieving alliance.

ah, so he is referring to Kong in his post just in case anyone else is interested.

Edit:

After looking at the scoreboard, I realize the situation.

From those I have encountered in FKU, they seem like relatively reasonable folks.

If this is an organized attempt at griefing, my money is that it isn't officially sanctioned and you could probably appeal to their leadership.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you are both competing for large amounts of fuel, and raiding between your groups should be expected.

May I ask what this deal was? Just out of curiosity.

Edited by JonCorleone, 04 November 2013 - 02:25 AM.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

It says kong, right on my ID

ah, so he is referring to Kong in his post just in case anyone else is interested.

Kongregate is the full name of the flash website where these events occur

Ayshford

Ayshford
  • 339 posts

I always thought that kong was the more peaceful and less dickish server.  Any way, I would suggest converting all your defenses to one that relies on very little in the way of defensive structures. I wont spell it out for you, but there is a popular defensive style that is still quite effective even when all barricades doors and towers are destroyed. It wont necessarily stop the griefing, but it will at the very least make the griefing easy for you to live through and harder for the attacker to maintain. 

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Edit:

After looking at the scoreboard, I realize the situation.

From those I have encountered in FKU, they seem like relatively reasonable folks.

If this is an organized attempt at griefing, my money is that it isn't officially sanctioned and you could probably appeal to their leadership.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you are both competing for large amounts of fuel, and raiding between your groups should be expected.

May I ask what this deal was? Just out of curiosity.

The big deal is the unnecessary grieving, its going on en massé, and as far as we understand, its immoral (Lets not argue about the definition of morality, kay?). Refer to the screen in my first post for an example of grieving. Regardless of its morality, we can't stop it. We don't wish to partake in it. The best thing we can think to do is place some bounties, and play as defensively as we can while remaining in the war. The purpose in this topic is to see if anyone is willing to share an insight that would be more beneficial to us, although we understand its a long shot. Thank you for your understanding.

P.S. We are attempting to appeal to the oppositions leader for a new non-aggression treaty, although everyone knows about treaties.

P.P.S. I don't want to go into detail but the deal that was offered in the beginning was almost as if FKU took us for fools. To the point where it seemed that they were actually working for the benefit of someone else... not even themselves. The entire predicament is slightly odd.

Edited by Saacool, 04 November 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Also just as a quick push in, as far as we (as in the alliance and general chat that we just asked for confirmation) know, FKU is reputed as "a bunch of a**holes"

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

It says kong, right on my ID

Just FYI the only people that can see your ID in your posts normally are you -- and the developers.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Just FYI the only people that can see your ID in your posts normally are you -- and the developers.

Thanks for the tip

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Suggestion on your defences, don't put the storage structures within the barricades, just the fuel generator; to make the defense smaller. Now these storage should be put in front of the barricades, so that if they try to loot it, they will just come within your line of fire. And because it is smaller, your survivors are much more clumped. Also, i suggest transferring the defense on the other side, as it has more space before the door comes in. Preventing them in having something to cover them

Edited by The Architect, 04 November 2013 - 04:25 AM.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

Technically you haven't been getting griefed as it has only happened for 2 days. Talk to the other guys in your alliance and see what has brought it out and what the deal was going to be. There was nothing one sided at all in fact you were going to be the extreme beneficiaries of the deal. That's all that I will say though as this forum isn't mean to be set up as an argument tool. We, however, aren't known to be a bunch of meanies. We have maybe one or 2 guys that are known for that.. the rest are just natural raiders that want to come in, kill some people and take what they want and leave. Ask around to the other actual raiding alliances and they will tell you that.. so will Ol Rag

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Technically you haven't been getting griefed as it has only happened for 2 days. Talk to the other guys in your alliance and see what has brought it out and what the deal was going to be. There was nothing one sided at all in fact you were going to be the extreme beneficiaries of the deal. That's all that I will say though as this forum isn't mean to be set up as an argument tool. We, however, aren't known to be a bunch of meanies. We have maybe one or 2 guys that are known for that.. the rest are just natural raiders that want to come in, kill some people and take what they want and leave. Ask around to the other actual raiding alliances and they will tell you that.. so will Ol Rag

I agree that this isn't an argument booth, so I'll say this straight up. From the terms Ol rags told me (me as vice president, we confirm things specifically with each other, so no chance of miscommunication ), there were seemingly beneficial terms, however there were some flaws to your arrangement. That's all I can say, unless you want to have a legitimate argument somewhere else. 

In concern of the part where you say you aren't considered a bunch of meanies... fact is... you are, those two people represent your group as a whole, tell them to stuf destroying security buildings unnecessarily, and maybe that image will change.

And in consideration for the area where you said "only two days"... once bitten, twice shy. 

EDIT: although once bitten twice shy is accurate, I'd like to think "you don't wait for the snake to bite you" also works, although with different parameters...

Thank you for your understanding, don't assume things with your own perspective, I'm sure we both have some issues in terms of misinterpretation

Suggestion on your defences, don't put the storage structures within the barricades, just the fuel generator; to make the defense smaller. Now these storage should be put in front of the barricades, so that if they try to loot it, they will just come within your line of fire. And because it is smaller, your survivors are much more clumped. Also, i suggest transferring the defense on the other side, as it has more space before the door comes in. Preventing them in having something to cover them

This advice has been relayed, the image isn't my compound but thanks for the tips anyway. I personally think clustering survivors isn't smart, and defenses should have a decent space between them, but all that is only because of grenade fears.

Edited by Saacool, 04 November 2013 - 06:06 AM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

This advice has been relayed, the image isn't my compound but thanks for the tips anyway. I personally think clustering survivors isn't smart, and defenses should have a decent space between them, but all that is only because of grenade fears.

Yeah, clumping them reasonably anyways.

But instead of putting the storages behind the barricades instead of in front of it would be a great tactic and space saver.

Although i clump mine, but i just eliminate the possibility of blind-spots where they can throw grenades from. Like:

- Away from compound door

Edited by The Architect, 04 November 2013 - 05:21 AM.

Saacool

Saacool
  • 15 posts

Yeah, clumping them reasonably anyways.

But instead of putting the storages behind the barricades instead of in front of it would be a great tactic and space saver.

Although i clump mine, but i just eliminate the possibility of blind-spots where they can throw grenades from. Like:

- Away from compound door

Ah, I understand, that's not a bad idea, although I've managed to by pass a big cluster on a raid once by using multiple smoke grenades to get up close, one frag was all it took. I think that if you really wanted to commit to a cluster tactic, you would need three clusters to cover any grenade risks.

Belikozo

Belikozo
  • 32 posts

Saacool

If the #2 alliance if doing that to you, you should talk to the #1 alliance.

↑ Best tip ever, trust me.

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts

Saacool

Ah, political intrigue and deception, gotta love it.

You guys would love House of Cards,

or Game of Thrones.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

Saacool

Hmmm.. What are you up to Beli?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pvp