Crafting ... Bugged Or Waste Of Fuel?

crafting fuel books

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ermag

Ermag
  • 8 posts

Hello, 

I am .. suprised how badly went mine crafting. 

I have level 40 Engeneer

I have maxed buildings

I used Gunship monthly with 8% ? maybe 9

I used Quality crafts with 18% or 19% not sure

I activated aliance crafting bonus 15%

.. and I expected to create some +25% items.

result .. was  FFAAIIILLL HUGE HUGE HUGE FAIL

I burned around 10k fuel, spamin one m24 after another, recrafting already crafted. Then I tried with another weapon, then with some gear. 

From whole 10k i have like 6  times 20%, main result was 4-9%.

Considering average craft cost was maybe 40fuel, I made 250 crafts at least. I hope you have some record of what was crafted. If no, just check mine inventory. I cleared it already, so only best crafts are there, was crafting like 5 kind of items. 

If this percentage is as you wanted to have it, I am warning everyone. Don't craft. it is waste of fuel. 

Yes, if you made wrong formula - I want full reimb.

Ermag

Hyunwoo

Hyunwoo
  • 626 posts

Its your luck..Btw the level of the engineer doesn't determine your crafting bonuses so as the building ones

Ermag

Ermag
  • 8 posts

Its your luck..Btw the level of the engineer doesn't determine your crafting bonuses so as the building ones

I know, just wanted to mention that.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I used Quality crafts with 18% or 19% not sure

Never use that book for crafting, it doesn't seem to do what most people think it will do. It does NOT increase the chance of you getting a 'good' craft, it only increases the chance you will receive a bonus as part of the craft rather than no bonus at all (which sometimes happens). Seeing as crafting something with no bonus isn't really that common the book ends up being a serious waste of fuel, especially as it doesn't increase the % of the bonus you are likely to get at all.

Always, always, use the 50% crafting on the cheap book from the store, it costs around 250 fuel or similar, and halves the cost of your bulk crafting. At least you used the gun smith monthly book, that helps, but by itself it is not enough.

Lastly, if you had researched a little bit and used the above tips, you probably would have got >60% more crafts out of that batch of fuel, and likely a few perfect crafts. Sorry but you really missed out on getting the most out of that crafting session. This is from someone who has 10 perfect range crafted M24s, most crafted myself, using the methods I suggest here.

Edited by BrianBore, 04 November 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Ermag

Ermag
  • 8 posts

Hmm .. well .. thank you for tips. And how about aliance bonus ... does it work as gunship monthly or like quality crafts?

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts
Why did you not wait till your alliance bought 20% off and combined it with the 50% book and then again with headless handy man, would have saved you 9000 fuel........

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

Crafting is pretty much random, kinda like gambling. just try and make the ticket (craft attempt) cheap as possible.

Personally, I think it BS that its not more consistent. In my opinion the crafting system needs a complete overhaul.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting, fuel, books