Photo

Random Location Events

random every now and then for something different new location different

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

What I propose i that every now and then you will go to a regular place but have something else going on there.  Maybe you are going to a park but when you get there you find out HERC used that park as a mobile hospital so there is a higher chance of medical items but more zombies.  So what I guess I am asking for is that there is a chance (bigger chance for the more likely things) that you will go to a location and there might be different boxes, higher chance of a type of zombies or different loot.

Some ideas:

Drug house:

When you go to a residential house and find a little setup for making 'painkillers'.  There is the same loot as a regular house but with a loot able drug making set that you can get a few 'painkillers'.  Maybe also 2 hazmat zombies when you get there.  Very rare chance

Hospital Park:

Happens at parks where the HERC have made the park into a field hospital.  There are about 30 zombies to begin with and the loot is the same except for more bodies and medical lockers. moderate

Helicopter crash:

In parks (maybe other places) a helicopter has gone down.  You can loot the helicopter although it takes quite a bit longer than most containers.  The helicopter will have a 60% chance of a lmg although it will probably be a broken one.  You can also find other weapons, ammo, gear and metal in the helicopter. rare

I will update this as more ideas come to mind.  Also I understand there are bugs that need to be taken care of before something like this is implemented but I just think it would be a nice thing to have before the end of beta.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

What you mentioned is real difficult to code within a month

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

Ok well maybe after beta?  I just think that this type of thing would be nice to have.

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

anyone else have idea/opinions?

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

suggested before, a few times actually. Generally ends up with the following. A good idea but would get repetitive after awhile unless there was a ton of events that could happen.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

suggested before, a few times actually. Generally ends up with the following. A good idea but would get repetitive after awhile unless there was a ton of events that could happen.

And outside of that, the main solution is limited per account happenings.

Though after beta, Random events could really breathe life into the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: random, every now and then, for something different, new, location, different