idea burning zombie zombie

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Cerbere

Cerbere
  • 23 posts

Burning zombie.

Description :

This type of zombie is, for unknown reason, cover by flammable product (gazoline, alcohol...). Which mean the slightest spark fire them.

Detail :

-All type of zombies (armored, runner, dog ...) can be a burning zombie.

-They ignites when they're hit by ranged or melee weapons.

-Because of the fire they cause extra damage to building and have more chance to cause injuries to survivor.

-Can be encountered during base defense and during scavenge mission.

-they are not common to encountered but they are not either rare.

I think this could be a good add since this zombie will break the rule of : "i know this zombie, he deal "x" damage, my survivor and my barricade can take it". It will add an element of surprise and to oblige has to show caution even if a basic zombie attacks us.

If you want a reason that why a zombie can be cover by flammable product : Zombies are nor delicate or attentive, they can very well strike petrol can, or in a bar knock down bottle of alcohol.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

basicly your suggesting fire which has been suggested before http://forum.conarti...ire-everywhere/ (earliest one on this forum there are earlier ones on the old) the main thing is con said many times including in my post http://forum.conarti...-flamethrowers/ that fire isn't going to happen. (to lazy to get off his ass and figure out a way around the limitations)

Cerbere

Cerbere
  • 23 posts

Sorry to have made you waste your time, i didn't see that there is other idea like this one. And  thank you for having warned me.

zombieman426

zombieman426
  • 531 posts

nah mate, no flames yet, go play dead frontier if you like burning zombies

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Sorry to have made you waste your time, i didn't see that there is other idea like this one. And  thank you for having warned me.

You also ignored that rounds do not ingite fuel unless they are tracer rounds.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

Which would add a certain risk to using such equipment.

On the other hand, Con has said no to flame animations, and there is already a higher ammo cost for using tracers (slugs, and ammo mods), so an additional penalty may be a bit much.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

Which would add a certain risk to using such equipment.

On the other hand, Con has said no to flame animations, and there is already a higher ammo cost for using tracers (slugs, and ammo mods), so an additional penalty may be a bit much.

Better question is, WHO THE FUCK would use tracers? Tracers only hinder you unless you are using larger weapons (HMGs, repeating cannons, etc). You have iron sight, use it you bloody dumb survivors! - Love, HERC

Cerbere

Cerbere
  • 23 posts

basicly your suggesting fire which has been suggested before http://forum.conarti...ire-everywhere/ (earliest one on this forum there are earlier ones on the old) the main thing is con said many times including in my post http://forum.conarti...-flamethrowers/ that fire isn't going to happen. (to lazy to get off his ass and figure out a way around the limitations)

I just finished to read the links that you have posted. Basically I suggesting two thing. The most evident one : the fire, and you are right it is not an interesting idea. But this idea is just a "skin" and a justification for the main idea that is to give zombies the capacity to surprise you by an unexpected skill. So if fire can't be done perhaps something else can. Like a zombie who bring an incapacitating disease when he hit a survivor or I don't no something else!?

Cerbere

Cerbere
  • 23 posts

well, I am not a fire expert but there is more than just one way to ignite a flammable product :

Like you already suggest a brief and intense heat, but also a sparks who can be made by friction between metal to metal (by the way most people in current life wear some piece of metal who can, i think, be hit in the game by a bullet and create sparks).

But anyway since fire can't be made in the game...This idea is a dead end.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idea, burning zombie, zombie